PDA

View Full Version : How often do you throw lead?

zero7one
4 April 2009, 20:23
Down range that is. Personally I don't shoot nearly as much as I should or as much as I would like to. I am trying to sign up for a private range that is only a few minutes from my home, which is open 24/7 and has pistol, rifle, and shotgun ranges. My goal is to be shooting a minimum of 1 hour per week by the end of the month.

As usual, responses are private.

Paulo_Santos
4 April 2009, 20:44
I average once a week.

rob_s
5 April 2009, 03:50
I was doing once a week. I have an event that I'm responsible for organizing twice a month on Tuesdays, so I as going to the indoor range every Tuesday that I didn't have an event.

Now I'm at every event I'm responsible for (so that's twice a month) and typically attend at least one pistol match a month, although even that's been slipping of late.

Frankly, I only see it getting worse with ammo issues.

Venom
5 April 2009, 04:32
my answer is: not as much as I'd like to go.
A few times a month is pretty accurate.

scumhunter
6 April 2009, 06:01
I’ll admit I’m a little surprised by the current poll results. I thought you warriors would have more trigger time. I was a little embarrassed to admit that I only shoot once a month. Being a tac-op maybe I still should be. In my defense I do occasionally get out twice a month if I go on my own time. If President Obama has his way the price of ammo will make this poll very depressing.

Paulo_Santos
6 April 2009, 18:04
I’ll admit I’m a little surprised by the current poll results. I thought you warriors would have more trigger time. I was a little embarrassed to admit that I only shoot once a month. Being a tac-op maybe I still should be. In my defense I do occasionally get out twice a month if I go on my own time. If President Obama has his way the price of ammo will make this poll very depressing.

Honestly, there is more to life then going to the range everyday. I go once a week and it is plenty. I work with a ton of guys that go a couple of times a year and do great when they qualify. As much as I like to shoot, I love to spend tim with my wife and son.

103m 95g
6 April 2009, 18:38
Not as often as I would like. with the current prices of factory ammo and componets, it kinda makes it impossible to replenish what I shoot when I do go.
Back to the reloading bench............

Custom-X_Sponjah
7 April 2009, 06:18
Up until last September I shot at least 3-5 times a week..
Mostly pistol, keeping myself smooth for USPSA/IPSC..
Ammo prices and availability have cut the attendance for the USPSA competition size in half at my local range.
I hate to say that I am one of the ones who has stopped competing..
The last time I shot, it was at a pistol class near Ft. Bragg in February...
I shoot my Airsoft G19 daily.
Some of you might frown upon me even owning an Airsoft gun, but It still gives me trigger time with an exact copy and continues to build muscle memory..
You can also FoF with it..

CXS