PDA

View Full Version : WEVO Member Fundraiser

UWone77
20 November 2018, 19:56
Hi All,

Normally, this isn't the type of post we do, but this time I felt compelled. A fellow member, mustangfreek needs some assistance. Now I'm somewhat local to mustangfreek, he lives about 2.5 hours away from me. Over the last few years he's run into some rough financial times and has had to sell off basically all his firearms. I've done my best to donate parts to keep his safe from going completely empty.

However, his situation as deteriorated to a point where he's having trouble stocking his fridge, keeping a roof over his head, and has some medical issues.

I'm open to suggestions on how to best assist him. Maybe we can just get some Paypal money together and buy some gift cards? I know some people are leery of just straight up cash. My wife and I usually adopt a family for the holidays so we'll likely shift our resources to this.

Thanks to Fort Tom for bringing the idea forward.

You guys are the best group of guys around.

Thanks for reading.

Update: For those that wanted to donate, Jason (mustangfreek) has a paypal account of Mustangfreek@att.net

Thanks again.

apmcdaniel
20 November 2018, 19:59
I'm in - whatever is decided. PayPal is easiest for me - I'm happy to send money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxer311
20 November 2018, 20:09
Same

alamo5000
20 November 2018, 22:44
Keep me in the loop. Always willing to help if possible.

alamo5000
20 November 2018, 22:48
On another note, I know a number of people from that region, some of which might be able to help in other ways. If we can be sort of let into the loop either privately or publicly [your call] maybe we can find a more permanent bit of assistance in addition to this. Stuff like 'what does he do, what does he want to do, what is he able to do' etc might help.

We can hook him up short term for sure, but longer term we might be able to get him something with insurance coverage and a steady paycheck.

old11bravo
21 November 2018, 01:55
Jason's a good dude. Don't like seeing my brothers down on their luck. I'll help in any way I can. Let me know what I can do.

Former11B
21 November 2018, 06:01
On another gun forum I’m a part of, sometimes we do fundraisers by creating an entirely unique classifieds thread, and the proceeds of anything sold in that thread goes to the fundraiser. Normal rules apply (time stamps for dibs etc). Anyone can post anything for sale and anyone can buy it

Or if someone puts up something high dollar, let’s say a rifle for example, there could be a bidding auction with a minimum opening bid to cover it and anything over is profit for the fundraiser

Jerry R
21 November 2018, 06:23
I'm in. Following ...

FortTom
21 November 2018, 07:14
I'm in. PayPal works for me. Thanks for doing this UW. My guess is Cash would help more, but I'm up for whatever.

FT[:D]

fledge
21 November 2018, 08:12
I’m up for fundraiser and PayPal options. I’m out of town but have some things I can offer for sale too when I return in a couple weeks.

Aragorn
21 November 2018, 08:37
In.

Joelski
21 November 2018, 14:06
I'll do whatever the rest of the group decides. Dude needs a Uhaul and a ticket the fuck out of that hellhole he's sitting in.

FortTom
21 November 2018, 15:36
I'll do whatever the rest of the group decides. Dude needs a Uhaul and a ticket the fuck out of that hellhole he's sitting in.
Sounds like it. Hopefully we can give him a quick leg up to take away some of the stress this kind of stuff causes..

Farva
21 November 2018, 15:39
I know it’s been a while since I posted but I’ve been lurking from time to time dealing with my own issues. Finally almost back on my feet so I understand the hardships. I’m down to help however we can.

Stone
21 November 2018, 15:43
Thanks for bringing this up FT. Its been on my heart for a few weeks now and I was going to contact UW about it. I'm in. Cash sent to UW would work best for me but I will work with whatever the group comes up with.

tact
21 November 2018, 16:49
I’m in as well.

UWone77
21 November 2018, 18:40
I appreciate everyone's willingness to help. You guys are awesome!

I think I have the details worked out. I'll update the original post later tonight with the details.

Uffdaphil
22 November 2018, 02:27
Count me in.

Calico Jack
22 November 2018, 02:32
I am in. I don't have much but it might help.

UWone77
22 November 2018, 11:09
For those that wanted to donate, Jason (mustangfreek) has a paypal account of Mustangfreek@att.net

I made a small test donation just now to ensure that it worked. For those that don't have paypal, you can PM me and I can get you a mailing address.

Thanks guys, I just spoke to him last night and they're planning to use any funds to fill the fridge and provide for their boys during the holidays.

I'll update the original post.

mustangfreek
22 November 2018, 12:28
Wow

This is humbling to say the least, you guys are something else. Not sure how I feel about being on this side of the help. I always shove my problems away and help others. To be on the other side and you guys showing support for this stubborn ginger.. means a lot. I won’t forget this and will get ya all back later down the road.

Thank you guys. Have a good turkey day

FortTom
22 November 2018, 14:18
No need on my part. Been on a thin bankroll myself, at times, back in the day. It can happen to anyone. One day you'll look back on it and laugh, thinking "I remember when......"[:D]

FortTom
22 November 2018, 14:27
For those that wanted to donate, Jason (mustangfreek) has a paypal account of Mustangfreek@att.net

I made a small test donation just now to ensure that it worked. For those that don't have paypal, you can PM me and I can get you a mailing address.

Thanks guys, I just spoke to him last night and they're planning to use any funds to fill the fridge and provide for their boys during the holidays.

I'll update the original post. I just used Paypal info you posted, worked like a charm.

FT

UWone77
22 November 2018, 14:38
No need on my part. Been on a thin bankroll myself, at times, back in the day. It can happen to anyone. One day you'll look back on it and laugh, thinking "I remember when......"[:D]

I was just telling someone at work today how when I was growing up, we were not well off. I ate a staple of wonder bread, canned chili and Vienna sausages. That was the life!

FortTom
22 November 2018, 14:51
I was just telling someone at work today how when I was growing up, we were not well off. I ate a staple of wonder bread, canned chili and Vienna sausages. That was the life!

Oh Yeah?
Well we were so poor.....as a kid, on Chrstmas, if I didn't wake up with a boner, I didn't have anything to play with......[:D]

Stone
22 November 2018, 15:29
Thanks UW for the hook up to PayPal. God bless JH...

PJD642
22 November 2018, 18:22
Nice!

Jerry R
23 November 2018, 06:27
Thanks for the link UW.

UWone77
24 November 2018, 10:09
Oh Yeah?
Well we were so poor.....as a kid, on Chrstmas, if I didn't wake up with a boner, I didn't have anything to play with......[:D]

LOL, I'm not going to battle who was poorer back in the day...

Although, I do have more appreciation for my mother as time goes on. She was the master check floater until payday. These days you can't get away with it as much, but back then you had 7-10 days before they cleared and she was good at robbing peter to pay paul. I can recall when they had $18 in their checking account, but somehow made Birthdays happen.

Joelski
24 November 2018, 13:41

Although, I do have more appreciation for my mother as time goes on. She was the master check floater until payday. These days you can't get away with it as much, but back then you had 7-10 days before they cleared and she was good at robbing peter to pay paul. I can recall when they had $18 in their checking account, but somehow made Birthdays happen.

That was something we all called "premature checkulation".

FortTom
24 November 2018, 14:07

Your family had 18$??? Damn, you had it made, Mr. Silver Spoon. Hell, we didn't even have spoons.[:D]

Big_Tom
24 November 2018, 22:32
Haven't been on in awhile been busy. I'm good with using PayPal.

And if we could do a raffle of some kind and the proceeds goes the Mustang.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Former11B
26 November 2018, 18:44
PM sent to you, UWone

mustangfreek
27 November 2018, 02:55
Wow

I’m not sure what to say other then thank you guys. It will help tremendously.Im not much of a talker but the generosity to help essentially a stranger out is a good feeling. I hope you all had a good turkey day and a great holiday season.

Thank you guys.

UWone77
27 November 2018, 18:14
So a little update. Fort Tom contacted me and wants to throw up a Smith and Wesson M&P40 to raise money. An idea floated would be have 25-30 spots at $25 a spot. Draw a number and the winner will have the opportunity to buy the M&P for $1.

If we can get 30 spots filled, that would raise $750, which would get our total fundraiser over 1k.

The question is, is this something that would garner any interest? Can we get at least 25 slots filled?

This will come with 6 mags, and obviously have to ship to your FFL.

Thanks for your input.

Farva
27 November 2018, 18:20
I’d kick in a spot or two for that!

apmcdaniel
27 November 2018, 18:23
So a little update. Fort Tom contacted me and wants to throw up a Smith and Wesson M&P40 to raise money. An idea floated would be have 25-30 spots at $25 a spot. Draw a number and the winner will have the opportunity to buy the M&P for $1.

If we can get 30 spots filled, that would raise $750, which would get our total fundraiser over 1k.

The question is, is this something that would garner any interest? Can we get at least 25 slots filled?

Thanks for your input.

I would certainly be in for a spot, and 1-2 more if there's any left after everyone has a shot at getting in on it.

Big_Tom
27 November 2018, 18:34
I would get a couple spots.

Edit: Thanks FT.

BoilerUp
27 November 2018, 18:35
The urge to make a snarky comment about .40 is strong...

...but I'm in for spot or two. And tip of the hat to UW for getting this going and FT for stepping up.

FortTom
27 November 2018, 18:36

Thanks for your input.

Just one minor thing. I'm not quite sure how many mag's I have, 5 or 6. When I get home, I will count them and post. It's an M&P 40 with an APEX FSS trigger actually installed by Randy Lee at APEX. Also comes with TFO sights. I estimate the gun to be 95% but not lower than 90%. I believe the round count is approx. 200 through the gun, but actually think It's even lower, but I never keep track of those things. Anyway, it would be a hell of a deal for the price of a raffle ticket. I cannot ship hi-cap magazines to states that prohibit them.

Thanks to UW for setting this up for me. Hope it generates some seriously needed cash for one of our own going through hard times. Thanks and don't hesitate to start buying your tickets.
I thank you all for supporting one of our loyal members, and for UW's generosity with his time, which I suspect isn't real abundant to begin with.

Uffdaphil
27 November 2018, 19:00
I prefer Former11B’s idea of a dedicated classified thread. Buyer emails evidence of amount sent to Jason and donator mails item to buyer.

Might be tough getting 25-30 members interested in any one item. A fixed price listing would work if even one person wants it. Many of us already have too many different pistol mag platforms. At least six for me. I would rather not buy a chance at something I can’t use and then have the hassle of reselling.

Edit: NOT to say doing both is not a good idea.

UWone77
27 November 2018, 19:19
The urge to make a snarky comment about .40 is strong...

...but I'm in for spot or two. And tip of the hat to UW for getting this going and FT for stepping up.

LOL. .40 is not my favorite, but I'm down for the fund raising.

I counted 8 spots ish just in the few minutes this has been up. I'd be in for 6-8 spots, so let's say that's 16, we really just have 9-14 slots to go.

UWone77
27 November 2018, 19:20
I prefer Former11B’s idea of a dedicated classified thread. Buyer emails evidence of amount sent to Jason and donator mails item to buyer.

Might be tough getting 25-30 members interested in any one item. A fixed price listing would work if even one person wants it. Many of us already have too many different pistol mag platforms. At least six for me. I would rather not buy a chance at something I can’t use and then have the hassle of reselling.

Edit: NOT to say doing both is not a good idea.

We could do both, but in this market, anything and everything seems to move slooooooooooooow, unless you're buying for a specific gun or project. Plus it's right after all the Black Friday sales. I'm guessing you guys bought whatever you wanted already.

Ultimately, I'm just down for whatever raises the most cash to help a brother out.

Thanks Guys.

FortTom
27 November 2018, 19:36

Edit: NOT to say doing both is not a good idea. This is an open auction. If you win a M&P for $25. even with your FFL charge for accepting it for you, you can sell it for a hell of a lot more than you paid and get something you'd rather have, or pocket the profit. Also, non-forum members can buy a spot. I don't really care, I'm just trying to get money in the hands of one of "our" brothers, especially before Christmas. I've already sent my $$ cash donation, and thought I could sweeten the pot a little more, this way. If I have any say in it, (which not being an Admin or Mod, I really don't) my preference would be to keep it in a simple raffle as UW described. At least for the donated M&P.

FT

Aragorn
27 November 2018, 21:52
I'd be in for a slot. I'll also hit up a buddy of mine who is super into M&P's. May get another slot that way.

Edit: Well that didn't take long. He's in for a slot as well, so put me down for 2, with 2 different numbers or... however is easier for you.

PJD642
27 November 2018, 21:56
I'd take a spot or 4...

UWone77
27 November 2018, 22:22
6 more... basically just 3-8 slots to go. Obviously this is a rough count, with no obligations, but man... you guys are awesome.

Ordnance
27 November 2018, 22:27
I can manage a spot, just make sure to remind me in messenger when it happens, since I don't get into the forums as often.

Jerry R
28 November 2018, 06:19
I'm in for two spots.

SINNER
28 November 2018, 08:45
I was planning to donate when I get back from vacation so I might as well go this route. I’d be in for 4 slots.

UWone77
28 November 2018, 09:50
Ok, Sounds like we've got enough soft commitments.

I'll start another thread.

FortTom
28 November 2018, 09:58
I'll be home in a day or two and post Pic's. They will be cell phone pics, but I won't over rate gun.

FT

UWone77
28 November 2018, 19:36
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?11122-M-amp-P40-Fundraiser-Drawing