PDA

View Full Version : Have wait times been impacted?

alamo5000
15 January 2019, 13:49
I am hoping that sometime in the near future I will be able to SBR another lower so I will have at least two SBRs in my collection. (Probably more later as funds permit)

My question is have wait times for form 1 or form 4 been impacted by the shut down?

I saw some of you guys getting some insanely fast turnaround times on form 1's but I don't know if there is a backlog now or not because of all the politics.

rxer311
15 January 2019, 14:15
They are not processing during the shutdown. I submitted a form 1 on December 19.

Joelski
15 January 2019, 15:08
You could offer to fund their payroll in exchange for a peppy turn-around on your apps...

Oh wait.

UWone77
15 January 2019, 15:28
I think the easy answer to the question is... Duh.

ATF has a skeleton crew approving Form 3's and 5's. 1/4's are all at a stand still during the shut down.

Uffdaphil
15 January 2019, 15:54
It’s been 8 months today waiting on an Omega 9K so the shut down ain’t the main problem.

alamo5000
15 January 2019, 16:15
OK. Thanks guys.

No need to get all in a tizzy to hurry up and wait.

Later on this year once I settle in and they get back to work it's on though.

BoilerUp
15 January 2019, 18:20
OK. Thanks guys.

No need to get all in a tizzy to hurry up and wait.

Later on this year once I settle in and they get back to work it's on though.

Well, it seems like you are waiting either way. Waiting for it to be approved, or waiting for wait times to drop so you can submit and then wait for the approval but spend less time waiting after you've waited to submit. [BD]

alamo5000
15 January 2019, 21:13
Well, it seems like you are waiting either way. Waiting for it to be approved, or waiting for wait times to drop so you can submit and then wait for the approval but spend less time waiting after you've waited to submit. [BD]

True. It's a waiting game either way I look at it. At the end of the day I want to build up another complete lower and buy a few more items, but my cash position right now is weak. Basically I have the hatches battened down, but once I can stabilize and come back into a steady stream of income I could pull the trigger in short order and not have to worry.

Maybe it's a good thing that there is all this waiting going on because my temptation to spend is playing that song from the Jeffersons "Moving on up" but my bank account and wallet are saying 'nope'.