PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Razor AMG UH-1

Aragorn
18 January 2019, 21:37
Apparently I'm behind the curve and didn't know these were a thing. Anyone know if they're any good or how they stack up to EOTechs?

cjd3
18 January 2019, 22:15
I have one, and so far I like it. Unfortunately, something broke in the collimeter early on, but Vortex sent me a new replacement. This one has been good. It’s big, and long, but I like the big window. The battery life is decent, and you can get a rechargeable battery and use USB to charge it. But I’ll stick with the CR123 battery. While it has an auto shutoff, I wish it had a shake to wake feature. Since it so long, to use it with a BUIS and magnifier, it rides beyond the front of my upper receiver. I don’t know if this is good or not.
Buttons are easily accesiable, zeroing is no problem, and the reticle is a crisp for holographic sight. I have an astigmatism, so it looks great to me. Looks really good with a magnifier too. I haven’t run it hard, but it’s been working well for me.

BoilerUp
19 January 2019, 08:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnYHlccNeTE

Aragorn
19 January 2019, 12:40
Thanks for the info and vid guys. I've got an MRO which I love, but the dot has just the slightest hint of a tail when viewed with my right eye. I'm planning on getting a magnifier for it soon and will see how it looks under magnification, but if that doesn't clear it up I'm going to be looking super hard at a holo sight.