PDA

View Full Version : CCI unveils new .22 loads at SHOT.

Former11B
19 January 2019, 07:11
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/17/cci-ammunition-to-launch-five-new-rimfire-loads-at-the-2019-shot-show/

This looks cool:

http://i.imgur.com/pAfR6OR.jpg

New Quiet-22 Semi-Auto drastically reduces the volume of standard 22 LR rounds, while cycling flawlessly through semi-automatic rifles and handguns. The accurate, low-velocity loads provide the sensation of shooting through a suppressor—without the suppressor—and are perfect for new shooters.

New Clean-22 uses an exclusive polymer bullet coating to greatly reduce copper and lead fouling in the barrel—without leaving a residue. It also cuts lead buildup in suppressors 60 to 80 percent. Both the Sub-Sonic and High Velocity loads feature a 40-grain round nose lead bullet with geometry that’s been optimized for accuracy. With dependable CCI priming and consistent propellant, Clean-22 provides flawless cycling through semi-automatics and all 22 LR firearms.

alamo5000
19 January 2019, 08:13
Very nice!!!

Makes me wonder if someone is watching forums [BD] A long time ago I remember posting in a thread that suggested this kind of thing... clean powder, coated bullet, subsonic etc etc... apparently somebody listened. Hopefully these aren't like $9 per box or something stupid.

Also on a side note Federal discontinued their Ultramatch .22LR line a while back. That was the hands down best shooting stuff in my gun. I am wondering if they will ever re-launch that or something similar.

cjd3
20 January 2019, 23:01
The previous ones are super fun to shot from a bolt action with a can. You can see them plummet at 50 yards through the scope.

FortTom
22 January 2019, 13:07
Sounds like a great squirrel load. I like just sitting under trees where squirrels are cutting hickory nuts and snipe them one at a time with head shots. Usually when the .22 cracks they scatter, and then you have to wait a while for them to start poking their heads out again. Maybe the sound difference will give better results. Too late this year, but maybe next time.

FT[:D]