PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Industries Corp MP5 Accessories

UWone77
23 January 2019, 14:36
https://youtu.be/vGC-4hyTkP4

BoilerUp
23 January 2019, 19:49
The grip looks promising. Do people still use plastic handguards?

PJD642
23 January 2019, 21:16
Honest question - the MP5 was THE subgun to have back in the 80s & 90s. Is it still that popular, or has it been surpassed by something else? I just don't see that many any more. Most of the tactical units around me have switched over to suppressed SBRs in 5.56 nowadays.

gatordev
24 January 2019, 06:23
The grip looks promising. Do people still use plastic handguards?

The selector is interesting, as well. I've been wanting something ambi that also has a (hopefully) better angle on the lever. As it is now on mine, I have to do some thumb wrestling, especially if the selector goes past the first detent and I'm trying to get it back up to SAFE during manipulation.

BoilerUp
24 January 2019, 06:38
Honest question - the MP5 was THE subgun to have back in the 80s & 90s. Is it still that popular, or has it been surpassed by something else? I just don't see that many any more. Most of the tactical units around me have switched over to suppressed SBRs in 5.56 nowadays.

From a duty perspective, I think most have switched over to ARs and there are some newer subguns on the market like the MP7, B&T, and MPX. For civilian / personal use, the MP5s are just quite expensive, even the clones, so that keeps the popularity down a bit. A CZ Scorpion or AR9 is half the price.

voodoo_man
24 January 2019, 10:38
Am I the only whose got an aversion to putting dirt cheap parts on an expensive gun?

BoilerUp
24 January 2019, 19:06
Am I the only whose got an aversion to putting dirt cheap parts on an expensive gun?

HK plastic is cheap, too. It's just expensive. [:D]

voodoo_man
24 January 2019, 19:10
HK plastic is cheap, too. It's just expensive. [:D]

I'll take your word for it. I don't buy either for the most part if I can help it

UWone77
25 January 2019, 07:24
This will still be a niche market.

PD's are all transitioning away from MP5's, pistol cal sub guns in general. Clones, even the cheaper clones are still $1700+, so not too many people have one. More than in years past for sure though.

Definitely interested in the Grip.

I'll stick with the KAC RAS or a Surefire 628 for the foreend though.

BoilerUp
27 January 2019, 14:36
Looks like PSA might be driving the initial demand here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=6xpfeI8CTP4

UWone77
27 January 2019, 21:38
PSA needs to be in the $1200 range. Otherwise this is going to flop hard.