PDA

View Full Version : 6 month old nephew

Farva
24 February 2019, 10:50
Four days ago my twin brother’s youngest, he’s 6 months old and his name is Liam, was at daycare and “started breathing funny” and went into cardiac arrest. He coded for 7-10 minutes during the ambulance ride to the hospital. He was later moved to a children’s hospital that is the best in the state for specialized pediatric ICU patients. It was later discovered that he had a severe brain bleed, blood on his spine, internal abdominal bleeding, detached retinas among other complications. The next day the doctors said his retinas aren’t detached but there is bleeding behind the retinas. They also now believe the internal bleeding has stopped.

The last couple of days he has been stable but still very critical. He is on a breathing machine and it’s still very touch and go. I’m not sure this is the place for this and I’m certainly not trying to bring the mood down but I wanted to reach out and get as many people praying for this little guy as possible. I know you guys are like family on here and I’ve seen us come together before.

So if you’re the praying type, please keep my family and little Liam in your prayers. We need a miracle here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UWone77
24 February 2019, 11:03
Prayers sent.

I think the first year of my boy's life I was always afraid of some random event like this. Keep us updated!

Farva
24 February 2019, 11:06
Prayers sent.

I think the first year of my boy's life I was always afraid of some random event like this. Keep us updated!

My daughter is 4 and I still worry about stuff like this. It’s every parents plight I suppose. I’ll keep you guys updated for sure. Thank you for the prayers and support!

BoilerUp
24 February 2019, 11:07
Wow, that's rough news. Liam and his family are in my prayers.

Farva
24 February 2019, 11:08
Wow, that's rough news. Liam and his family are in my prayers.

Much appreciated!

UWone77
24 February 2019, 11:15
My daughter is 4 and I still worry about stuff like this. It’s every parents plight I suppose. I’ll keep you guys updated for sure. Thank you for the prayers and support!

My apologies if this is asking too soon... but is there some kind of criminal investigation with this? Internal injuries are usually caused by external forces.

Farva
24 February 2019, 11:17
My apologies if this is asking too soon... but is there some kind of criminal investigation with this? Internal injuries are usually caused by external forces.

It’s not too soon, the deputy in me suspected the same thing. Without saying too much there is an investigation ongoing.

UWone77
24 February 2019, 11:57
Hope it works out and there is a full recovery. Basically the only thing that still bothers me on the job. Crimes against kids, especially really young ones that can't do anything.

Jerry R
24 February 2019, 12:01
Prayers sent my Friend. Please keep us posted.

Farva
24 February 2019, 12:05
Hope it works out and there is a full recovery. Basically the only thing that still bothers me on the job. Crimes against kids, especially really young ones that can't do anything.

We are praying for the miracle of full recovery also! It is possible.

I agree. I always treat people with respect as a human being no matter what but the crimes against kids... still gets to me.

Farva
24 February 2019, 12:05
Prayers sent my Friend. Please keep us posted.

Thanks brother

Stone
24 February 2019, 17:04
Praying for the little man and the family...

Farva
24 February 2019, 17:15
Praying for the little man and the family...

Thank you

Farva
24 February 2019, 17:15
Mom and dad did get to hold him last night
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190225/88e36b477a8841fb106a70390b2776c5.jpg

voodoo_man
24 February 2019, 17:20
I will drink for his health.

Farva
24 February 2019, 17:21
I will drink for his health.

I’ll take it [emoji482]

Pyzik
24 February 2019, 18:38
Terrifying.

He and your family will be in our prayers in my home.

rxer311
24 February 2019, 18:38
Will be in my prayers. My girls are 5 & 9 and I always worry about something like this.

Farva
24 February 2019, 18:39
Terrifying.

He and your family will be in our prayers in my home.

Greatly appreciated!

Farva
24 February 2019, 18:39
Will be in my prayers. My girls are 5 & 9 and I always worry about something like this.

Much love! No parent should ever have to endure this.

Aragorn
24 February 2019, 20:29
Damn dude...

You got it. In our prayers.

Farva
24 February 2019, 20:56
Damn dude...

You got it. In our prayers.

Thank you thank you!

mustangfreek
24 February 2019, 23:22
Oh man that is rough..

Being a parent myself that hurts to see..

Here’s to Hoping things keep getting better..and to youalso.

Joelski
25 February 2019, 03:57
Sending prayers. I too immediately thought SBS as I read off the injuries. I'm also praying its some other cause, but if it proves to be, let justice be swift.

Farva
25 February 2019, 06:25
Oh man that is rough..

Being a parent myself that hurts to see..

Here’s to Hoping things keep getting better..and to youalso.

Thank you

Sending prayers. I too immediately thought SBS as I read off the injuries. I'm also praying its some other cause, but if it proves to be, let justice be swift.

Your thoughts are accurate sir. We are also hoping for swift justice. Thank you for the prayers

Former11B
25 February 2019, 07:59
Before I had my son, things like this bothered me, but not more than say anything befalling anyone else.

Since my son was born, I have come to have a true appreciation for the innocence that is a child and when I see news articles or things like this, it brings out an anger and a desire for swift justice in me that is difficult to describe.

I hope your nephew recovers quickly, as children are remarkably resilient and I hope that those responsible are quickly found and are never able to harm a child again.

Farva
25 February 2019, 08:07
Before I had my son, things like this bothered me, but not more than say anything befalling anyone else.

Since my son was born, I have come to have a true appreciation for the innocence that is a child and when I see news articles or things like this, it brings out an anger and a desire for swift justice in me that is difficult to describe.

I hope your nephew recovers quickly, as children are remarkably resilient and I hope that those responsible are quickly found and are never able to harm a child again.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Farva
25 February 2019, 08:09
Liam Update:

Liam has fought so hard and his little body is so tired. Please continue to pray for peace for our families for whatever today may bring.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190225/64016f3434bb23ed8d058e52766d91c3.jpg

I’ll put a little more info on here, he’s stopped initiating breaths on his own earlier this morning. He’s still hanging in there but breathing was all he has been doing on his own, no reflexes or anything. It appears he is getting tired.

alamo5000
25 February 2019, 08:48
Wow. So sorry to hear about this. I will definitely send prayers you guy's way.

Former11B
25 February 2019, 09:01
Come on Liam, you can do it, little buddy

mustangfreek
25 February 2019, 14:29

X2

Farva- I’m so sorry man, that update was hard to read along with a pic of him. Man I wish I could do something for you guys, that’s gotta be about one of the hardest things to deal with.

Farva
25 February 2019, 19:56
Wow. So sorry to hear about this. I will definitely send prayers you guy's way.

X2

Farva- I’m so sorry man, that update was hard to read along with a pic of him. Man I wish I could do something for you guys, that’s gotta be about one of the hardest things to deal with.

Thank you all very much! There’s been a ton of out reach and support from people all over the world. Once this story hits the news I imagine it will generate more public support. Immediate family is handling most things, we do have a go fund me set up for my brother and his wife if that’s something you guys would be interested in? I’m not trying to gouge people for money but any one wants to feel like the helped out that could be a way? You guys let me know.

FortTom
25 February 2019, 20:27
Horrible news. I'm speechless, but will pray for him.

FT

Farva
25 February 2019, 20:32
Horrible news. I'm speechless, but will pray for him.

FT

Thanks brother. It’s looking like tomorrow will be a rough day.

Former11B
26 February 2019, 05:57
How did he fare through the night?

Farva
26 February 2019, 07:45
How did he fare through the night?

He’s still on the ventilator, his breathing is slowing. He’s down to taking only one breath per hour on his own. His little body is so tired. They made molds of his little hands and feet for his mom and dad to have and it’s looking like today might be the day. The parents are just waiting to be ready to make the call, which no one is ever “ready” but... yeah...

Former11B
26 February 2019, 10:30
He’s still on the ventilator, his breathing is slowing. He’s down to taking only one breath per hour on his own. His little body is so tired. They made molds of his little hands and feet for his mom and dad to have and it’s looking like today might be the day. The parents are just waiting to be ready to make the call, which no one is ever “ready” but... yeah...

:(

I’m thinking about Liam often. Im still holding out hope for him

Next it will be time to think of the sorry person who did this to him. The justice system is too good for what they deserve

mustangfreek
26 February 2019, 10:45
:(

Oh man..truly heartbreaking farva

Thinking about the little guy.

Former11B
26 February 2019, 10:48
For the record, I have a shovel and I can keep a secret

Calico Jack
26 February 2019, 10:54
How is the other side of this going? I hope the investigation is progressing. It's got to be hard staying hands off.

Farva
26 February 2019, 11:09
Who’s car we takin?

How is the other side of this going? I hope the investigation is progressing. It's got to be hard staying hands off.

Investigate haven’t told us much. They did rub us the wrong way last night by pretty much storming the room about 6 deep with a warrant for the parents phones. Which is standard I guess to rule them out, which they’re willing to cooperate, the police just handled it with some cold hearted actions in my opinion. Other than that we don’t know much at this time

Aragorn
26 February 2019, 11:22

Who’s car we takin?

i have access to aircraft and can also keep a secret. We're here to help. [:D]

Not gonna lie this has been crossing my mind a lot more than I thought it would.

Farva
26 February 2019, 11:25
i have access to aircraft and can also keep a secret. We're here to help. [:D]

Not gonna lie this has been crossing my mind a lot more than I thought it would.

Aircraft would be even better!

I do appreciate the thoughts and prayers everyone. It really does mean a lot. Little Liam has a ton of people in is corner.

Calico Jack
26 February 2019, 11:42
Who’s car we takin?

Investigate haven’t told us much. They did rub us the wrong way last night by pretty much storming the room about 6 deep with a warrant for the parents phones. Which is standard I guess to rule them out, which they’re willing to cooperate, the police just handled it with some cold hearted actions in my opinion. Other than that we don’t know much at this time

Yeah that's a dick bag move. Even if you get the warrant talk to the parents and see if their willing to cooperate be for taking the harder approach.

Farva
26 February 2019, 11:48
Yeah that's a dick bag move. Even if you get the warrant talk to the parents and see if their willing to cooperate be for taking the harder approach.

I agree. They willingly gave them up before the warrant was presented it was just how cold and calculated she was. Like there was zero remorse. The deputy side of me gets it but the human side of me was pissed.

BoilerUp
26 February 2019, 19:04
I agree. They willingly gave them up before the warrant was presented it was just how cold and calculated she was. Like there was zero remorse. The deputy side of me gets it but the human side of me was pissed.

I know the job has to be numbing and they need their own coping mechanisms, but I fear that only makes the rift between LEO and civilian grow over time.

cjd3
26 February 2019, 20:42
Wow, prayers to you and family. I wish I could do more.

Joelski
27 February 2019, 04:32
There are no words. We're here.

Pyzik
27 February 2019, 10:35
Makes me sick to think about and pulls at my heart. I've been somewhat avoiding this thread because I didn't want to read that he isn't doing well. Thinking of you and the family often though.

UWone77
27 February 2019, 10:41
Makes me sick to think about and pulls at my heart. I've been somewhat avoiding this thread because I didn't want to read that he isn't doing well. Thinking of you and the family often though.

Right with you.

Someone needs their ass kicked.

alamo5000
27 February 2019, 11:18
Right with you.

Someone needs their ass kicked.

Agreed with both you and Pyzik.

Thoughts come to my mind every day about this. Praying not only for him but his family also.

Farva
27 February 2019, 11:42
It is with the heaviest of hearts that I write to you guys to inform you that little Liam lost his fight and gained his wings around midnight (CST). He fought hard for two hours after the decision was made to take him off of the ventilator. I was extremely honored and fortunate to be side by side Liam, my brother and sister law from start to finish. His mom and dad were at peace and now he is too.

I can’t thank you guys enough for all the thoughts and prayers and I’m sorry if this thread has caused you guys any undue heart ache, I know WEVO is a place of therapy, information and fun and I wasn’t trying to bring the mood down. I just wanted to let you guys know what was going on and help get more people behind our little guy.

Your support has filled me with joy knowing you guys are in our corner. Liam’s fight is over now but ours is just beginning. I’m already beating the war drums. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190227/9ca6b6288d5d9ceee8d68331b9bf16dd.jpg

alamo5000
27 February 2019, 11:50
Let me know if I can do anything for the family. So sorry to hear about this.

Pyzik
27 February 2019, 12:30
I feel so bad for you and your family. Especially brother and sister-in-law.

I know there aren't words that can be written to offer much support. Our hearts are heavy with yours but know he's with God and knows only Joy and Love.

I'm not sure what I could offer but if our house could do anything for you, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Aragorn
27 February 2019, 12:30
Damn...

F’ing hell.

Stone
27 February 2019, 12:40
Man, still breaks my heart. I will keep mom and dad in my prayers. Here is one for the little man, some get up and walk away and some find ultimate relief...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-NuFJlkky8

Joelski
27 February 2019, 12:42
So very sorry for this unthinkable loss. I've seen this too many times and the pain families feel cuts me to the bone. Please send my regards, and prayers for peace and strength to the parents and all of little Liam's family and supporters.

If you can, please try to explain the process of the SUIDI (Sudden, Unattended Infant Death investigation) Form, as I'm sure some questions will be coming. It always feels accusatory, but if they can somehow stay focused on the fact that the information can help bring a swift end to the hunt for the perpetrator, it might help to get them through it. I don't wish it on anyone, and I dread doing it every single time a child dies. In Ohio, we do them for all kids under 2 years and above that is an option because of the multitude of questions and detail it brings to the case.

Be strong, friend.

Former11B
27 February 2019, 12:43
My heart aches for your family and especially for a little boy who should be growing up to do all the things a boy should get to do.

I’m sure he felt the love of his parents and he will be waiting on them to one day meet again

Rest easy, Liam

PJD642
27 February 2019, 13:52
God damn, I'm sorry for your loss. I know words are pointless and we've never met, but I'm sitting here sobbing for your nephew.

People that hurt kids or pets need to be rounded up, shot, and dumped on the side of the road for carrion to eat.

rxer311
27 February 2019, 16:57
There is a special place in hell for people who do this to children.

Farva
27 February 2019, 18:32
Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart. I know these are just words on a screen but it really does warm my heart to know we have yalls support. We all have tragedy in our lives but I thank you all for taking the time to partake and also help alleviate mine.

mustangfreek
28 February 2019, 00:36
RIP little man.

UWone77
28 February 2019, 09:38
What's the GoFundMe Link?

Pyzik
28 February 2019, 09:40
What's the GoFundMe Link?Also inquiring. I missed that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Farva
28 February 2019, 10:58
You guys didn’t miss it, I hadn’t posted it yet. But here it is.

https://www.gofundme.com/liamstrong626?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_postdonate_r

Farva
28 February 2019, 11:00
Our DHS system in our state is so broken. It’s looking like we have a real chance to overhaul the system and quite possibly make some legislation additions or changes so that no one else ever has to go through this again.

mustangfreek
1 March 2019, 01:17
That’s both sad and good.
Here’s to hoping everything works out.