PDA

View Full Version : MP5 clone question

Former11B
20 March 2019, 14:14
Unfortunately not for me, but a friend of mine is looking at a couple MP5 clones. The two he is primarily looking at are made by Zenith and PTR. The two models are relatively identical, and are within about $40 of each other in terms of price. Is it one of these brands a better choice than the other? Or is there another one in the $1700-$1800 price range that is worth considering over those two? Thanks in advance

gatordev
20 March 2019, 15:08
I thought these (https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/omega-9mm-full-size-pistol-atlantic-exclusive)were supposed to have a decent reputation. I have the precursor to it and it's been running fine, for what that's worth.

UWone77
20 March 2019, 18:54
I've never owned or shot a PTR, so I don't know much about them.

I have a Zenith. Had to replace the ejector and extractor to get it to run. Less than impressed. When contacting their CS, they were non-responsive.

The Omega line that gatordev linked are higher quality in my opinion, not Dakota Tactical quality, but a step above the Zenith, POF's of the world.

Former11B
21 March 2019, 03:22
The omegas were recommended over the Zeniths by that Las Vegas machine gun rental place also, and their guns see about 40k rounds a MONTH

Thanks guys