PDA

View Full Version : A question about pins.

JustMatt
14 April 2009, 16:08
I need to get a firing pin retainer pin for my current build and other than the KNS Perma pin I can't find anyone that carries them, anyone know where to get them or is the Perma pin a better replacement? Also, are the non rotating hammer/trigger pins worth the money?

Eric
14 April 2009, 16:54
I need to get a firing pin retainer pin for my current build and other than the KNS Perma pin I can't find anyone that carries them, anyone know where to get them or is the Perma pin a better replacement? Also, are the non rotating hammer/trigger pins worth the money?
FPRP from www.Brownells.com
430-000-452 (in stock), 160-304-001 (overpriced Colt part)
989-015-014 (out of stock), 231-000-073 (out of stock), 231-000-029 (old style, in stock). Parts are very difficult to get right now.

For most applications I see no need for non-rotating pins. I have none, yet my guns continue to work. Same with the Perma pins. Standard ones have worked fine.

Dutch
14 April 2009, 17:33
I will concur with Eric's comments. Brownells is your part bin location, and never have really seen the need for Non-Rotational Pins.

Dutch

JustMatt
14 April 2009, 18:57
Thanks to both of you for the advice. You have no idea how long I looked on Brownells today trying to find firing pin retaining pins!! I appreciate you getting me the parts numbers. Thanks again.

Eric
14 April 2009, 20:08
Happy to help. Brownells is an excellent source for parts and over the past few years they have really added a lot of AR items. However, their search function and layout are not the most user friendly.

JustMatt
15 April 2009, 17:16
I ordered one of there AR specific catalogs so hopefully that will help me locate parts numbers for things better. Thanx again for the help.