PDA

View Full Version : Riser cheek piece????

michschi
14 April 2009, 21:07
Will a CAR 15 riser cheek piece fit on Magul MOE carbine stock. I need the riser to see my scope on carry handle, but the riser they sell will be in the way of the charging handle. The one I have works awesome and I like the way it looks! Help me please!

Stickman
14 April 2009, 21:09
CTR risers block the charging handle. I'm not sure if you could easily retro fit one of the standard stock risers and work it onto a CTR.

michschi
14 April 2009, 21:10
Any idea where I can find out?

Stickman
15 April 2009, 10:50
You would be stuck buying and making modifications yourself, and I've not seen it done with success if you are referring to a CTR mod.

I can bring up the idea of a riser that will work with the CTR to Magpul if you would like. I'm not sure how much call there is for it, but they may have a way around things.

michschi
15 April 2009, 11:59
You would be stuck buying and making modifications yourself, and I've not seen it done with success if you are referring to a CTR mod.

I can bring up the idea of a riser that will work with the CTR to Magpul if you would like. I'm not sure how much call there is for it, but they may have a way around things.

Anything that could help me will be greatly appriecated! I am actually open to other stocks if I have to, I have a 3 position buffer tube , that from what I can read in certain place is Mil-spec??? I was looking at the Cammand arms, with adjustable cheek piece, but that is only from commercial buffer tube. I guess if I had to change the tube I would but I still wanna be cost effective! Thanks for the help!