PDA

View Full Version : DHS Report - Wow!

federalist22
15 April 2009, 04:46
The other day, the Department of Homeland Security released an assessment, published by its Homeland Threat Analysis Division and the assessment basically says that you are a terrorist threat to this country if you are white, anti-abortion, a veteran, or concerned about anti-gun laws. Read the PDF at this site: http://www.thelibertypapers.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/hsa-rightwing-extremism-09-04-07.pdf. This is an official threat assessment. I find it insulting that the government would release such a report.

Meanwhile, in other news, Texas Gov. Rick Perry affirms Texas' right to sovereignty - http://www.drudgereport.com/flashtx.htm.

Army Chief
15 April 2009, 05:27
Better keep an eye on me, boys. ;)

AC

adrenaline151
15 April 2009, 09:25
I am by no means a terrorist, but I would be insulted if they DIDN'T consider me a threat. I have a brain, complete with conscience and common sense, I have a vote, I have my rights given to me by GOD and the Constitution. They should be threatened, but they should also realize that if the shit really hits the fan, myself, and others like me will be the ones saving THEIR asses.

Stickman
15 April 2009, 11:03
F22,

I see the bulletins that are considered "sensitive", and I'm less than impressed with the labels that are used. Then again, my beliefs and values are pretty well known, and in briefings there are usually at least one or two jokes made that include me as a threat. My answer back is not to come to "the compound", and there won't be any trouble. [:D]

federalist22
15 April 2009, 12:11
I attended the TEA PARTY at Lafayette Park in DC today, looking down the lawn of the White House, and I saw the greatest homemade sign and snapped a pic of it, but I have no easy way to post it on here. If an administrator wants to e-mail me I will send it to them.

Stickman
15 April 2009, 12:42
Upload it to one of the numerous free photo hosting sites like imageshack or photobucket.

federalist22
15 April 2009, 13:43
working on it.

federalist22
15 April 2009, 13:50
This guy was great. No telling how many of us match pieces of that DHS assessment. This guy attended a Tax Day TEA Party today. He will probably wind up on some government list--heck we all could.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv358/federalist22/TEApartysign2009.jpg

airborneski
15 April 2009, 14:02
I MUST BE A THREAT THEN. FUNNY HOW THEY TREAT VETERANS IN THIS COUNTRY.:(

Belloc
16 April 2009, 12:57
Good point made in the video on this link: http://www.politico.com/blogs/anneschroeder/0409/One_Question_Napolitano.html

"She brought up Timothy McVeigh, but John Wilkes Booth, who shot Lincoln, was considered one of the most handsome actors of his day. Is the government trailing Brad Pitt right now?"

federalist22
16 April 2009, 13:48
What I am concerned about is that they brought up Timothy McVeigh and called him a right-wing extremist (RWE), but they failed to note any left-wing extremist groups (I know there was another report, but no groups were called out and it was about cyber attacks). McVeigh is the only RWE they can think of that committed an act of violence and I am not convinced that he did not have ties to Islamic extremists, which takes on a new spin. It's documented that McVeigh/Nichols made several visits to the Philippines, including some while Ramzi Yousef (WTC 1993 bomber) was there (Yousef and McVeigh used a similar tactic). McVeigh also had several ties to several suspect Iraqi's here in the US. In your spare time, check out the book, "The Third Terrorist", by Jayna Davis. Back to the left-wing radicals.....where was the report that called out the resurgence of Bill Ayers (multiple attacks on police, Pentagon ,Capital, banks/Armored Cars), Black Panther intimidation on election day (or their past activities), physical attacks by ALF and ELF (bombings), or any other groups for that matter? Are left-wing groups no longer a problem because the administration in power favors their views so there won't be any need to warn against an incident? Are people RWE if they support the US Constitution? That assessment was politically charged and lacked actual intelligence, meaning it was baseless and without evidence or a documented trend.

gunnut284
16 April 2009, 14:32
I have seen info sheets warning about eco-terrorism as well. While this one is a bit insulting, these things come out all the time about issues that are borderline (or completely) obsurd. I got a info sheet warning about the Magpul FMG (which only exist in prototype form) and have seen several warning about pink "hello kitty" ARs. This one just hits home because it describes most of us.