PDA

View Full Version : Fortis Shift Vertical Grip

Aragorn
27 April 2019, 15:54
So I know these have been around forever, but I recently began playing with vertical foregrips again and am debating getting one of these. It's a bit pricey to just try out though so I wanted to ask if anyone has any first hand experience with these and what they thought of them. Good? Bad? How do they stack up against straight vertical grips? I've got an old school KAC. Nothing miraculous but am kinda digging the feel now that I've unearthed it again. Only mounts to picatinny so requires a pic section to mount to my Mlok stuff. Just curious about the ergo's of the Fortis. Specifically the full vert grip, not the shorty.

UWone77
28 April 2019, 10:55
I might have one floating around somewhere if I can find it you can try out.

Aragorn
28 April 2019, 11:34
Hey that would work out. Let me know. I’d be happy to cover shipping.

Aragorn
29 April 2019, 20:05
Anybody? No opinions or experience at all..?

BoilerUp
29 April 2019, 20:15
Anybody? No opinions or experience at all..?

If you are accepting opinions in lieu of experience, then I'll play!

The farm boy in me really does not like field equipment with holes in it. That things can get caught in. Including fingers. If the design was completely solid I think I'd consider giving it a try, but as produced / sold, I view it more as bling than a tool.

fledge
29 April 2019, 20:38
I have their shorter version. It feels very good in the hand. The appearance is more space-age than traditionalists like. I have one in package I can let you have for a deal. PM me.

UWone77
29 April 2019, 21:34
Hey that would work out. Let me know. I’d be happy to cover shipping.

They work, I have one on a rifle, the aesthetics are love it/hate it. I like how you can just grip it by the "pit" like I do normally on VFG's. The shorter version in my opinion is better.

PM me your addy and I'll ship one out to you.

Aragorn
30 April 2019, 08:14
So generally positive experience, with a general preference for the shorter. Cool.

PM sent.