PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Viper HS LR 6-24x50 Zero issues!

Alfredapowell
4 May 2019, 09:56
Hey guys, So I am having problems with the zero wandering on my HS LR 6-24x50 rifle scope (https://scopesman.com/rifle-scope/long-range/). The scope tracks amazing, and holds zero when shooting, can still put down nice groups. But somewhere along the way the zero has moved. Acting as if the scope has taken a hard it. I have had to re zero it twice, third time today. It was out 2" to the right and 3" up. So not sure what is going on, thinking of sending it in for warranty. Anyone had a similar experience?

BoilerUp
4 May 2019, 10:30
You confident in the mounting? I would double-check the torque on the mount / rings before concluding it's an issue with the optic. When I finally bought a torque wrench I quickly learned that most of the optics I had mounted myself where under-torqued.

UWone77
4 May 2019, 11:05
What optic mount are you using?

cjd3
4 May 2019, 12:49
If this is a bolt gun with factory bases, I highly recommend reinstalling the bases with a torque driver and blue Locktite. We had a hunter once who lost zero while on a moose. When they got back the rings were tight, but the base was very floppy.

mustangfreek
4 May 2019, 19:48
Like they said. Start over and check everything.