PDA

View Full Version : The M&P is back

mustangfreek
26 May 2019, 00:20
Hey forttom does this look familiar? Lol quite a difference.

Huge thanks To KM3 & battlecock for the work. Simply well done all around. Emailed Them some ideas and didn’t bug them but once or twice and patiently waited. Blown away. Along with FT , UW and all my WEVO bros. ThankYou.
#nohomo

Now to get out and shoot it. This Apex trigger feels great and on the light side, but short and crisp

OWB holster ideas, recommendations ?

FortTom
26 May 2019, 02:44
O.K. I want it back, now[:D]

Kidding, looks fantastic!

FT

FortTom
26 May 2019, 04:41
Call APEX and tell them what you want as far as trigger pull is concerned. If I remember correctly, I might have told you it's a little on the light side.

If not, either way, it's an easy fix. Call Apex and order a new trigger spring, and ask for the "green" (they're all color coded) spring. That should bring that trigger out to about 4.3 - 4.5 lbs. The bad news is that that tiny little freaking spring is going to cost you about $16.00. No shit, they are really proud of their springs. However, just in case, tell them what you want and what was their recommendation.

But that should fix things, and not make your ass hairs stand so far up if you get into a position where you have to un-holster the thing, to maybe just make a jack ass rethink his life and leave, quickly, when you're going to be in a distressed mode., and not accidently shoot a bad guy who's trying to run or surrender.

Have fun, all of those guys made you a great pistol! Enjoy, it looks great.

FT[:D]

Joelski
26 May 2019, 05:02
Nicely done, everybody.

UWone77
26 May 2019, 05:24
The stippling is on point as usual.

The pattern you picked for the cerakote is pretty ghey though.

Jerry R
26 May 2019, 06:00

Yeah, don't drop it in the woods .............. for a couple of reasons [BD]

All kidding aside, the work was very nicely done.

mustangfreek
26 May 2019, 18:28
Thanks for the info FT, I’ll get a set eventually. Also need to get that spring to take out the mag safety..I hate em..lol

Thanks guys, the stippling feels perfect in the hand and the cerakote is top notch

#yourghey # lol

Now to get out and shoot it.

Axlnut
27 May 2019, 12:50
The stippling is on point as usual.

He didn't even pick the pattern, he just said he likes bright multicam, and I like bright multicam, so here it is.

I thought to myself, I better check with UWone77 and see what he feels about the sexuality of the color and pattern choices, but then it slipped my mind [crazy]

Joelski
27 May 2019, 15:26
He didn't even pick the pattern, he just said he likes bright multicam, and I like bright multicam, so here it is.

I thought to myself, I better check with UWone77 and see what he feels about the sexuality of the color and pattern choices, but then it slipped my mind [crazy]

Don't worry, he's just jealous because it matches his assless chaps. [:D]

FortTom
27 May 2019, 15:33
Don't worry, he's just jealous because it matches his assless chaps. [:D][:D]
Now that was funny

UWone77
27 May 2019, 15:40

I kid of course...[:D]... mostly

FortTom
27 May 2019, 16:00
If you're wearing camo ass-less chaps, better heed Jerry's advice and not drop any thing in the woods, UW.[:D] You may really need your butt hurt detector and some Prep H.

UWone77
27 May 2019, 16:01
If you're wearing camo ass-less chaps, better heed Jerry's advice and not drop any thing in the woods, UW.[:D] You may really need your butt hurt detector and some Prep H.

Shouldn't you be reviewing some two buck chuck while looking up some Punisher Para values? [:D]

UWone77
27 May 2019, 16:02
I didn't know you guys were going to get worked up, just because I didn't like the pattern. It's not that I think the cerakote work sucked, just not a fan of the pattern.

Just my opinion, I thought I could still have one. :o

Carry on gents. [:D]

FortTom
27 May 2019, 16:04
Shouldn't you be reviewing some two buck chuck while looking up some Punisher Para values? [:D]

10,000 comedians out of work, and I have to put up with you guy's shit.[BD]

UWone77
27 May 2019, 16:11
10,000 comedians out of work, and I have to put up with you guy's shit.[BD]

You know I got nothing but love for you Jim! #nohomo

FortTom
27 May 2019, 19:27
Well, it's almost midnight, want to thank all of you WWII vets, and especially the "forgotten" grunts that served in Korea., Our Viiet Nam vets, Honduras, Panama, Desert storm and all of those after that, and to the rest of my brothers, and those who served the public, our cops, our firemen and med techs who put up with shit every single night, to make us safer. God Bless.

FT[adore]

tact
27 May 2019, 19:30
Agreed....work is excellent but that transgender shade of green really changes things.

Axlnut
27 May 2019, 19:37
There is a serious level of insecurity among so many gun owners about color tint.

When I see a Lime Green Charger, Lambo or Kawasaki, my first thought generally isn't of trans-genderism or homosexuality..

If yours is, I mean, that's cool, it's a brave new world and all.

I really dig chartreuse as well, I just haven't figured the mix out with cerakote yet. VR46 build will be incoming, you guys might want to cuddle up with your Straight Man's Guide to All Things Straight and skip seeing that one :P

FortTom
27 May 2019, 19:38
This has to be in the top five threads on this forum that I have laughed so hard that I couldn't see for the tears in my eyes.[:D][:D] Maybe a bit too much #homo talk, but oh well....

Axlnut
27 May 2019, 19:38
Not just picking on you either Rich - I know you hate colors (racist) but my work triggers these reactions all over the interwebs.

FortTom
27 May 2019, 19:41
Not just picking on you either Rich - I know you hate colors (racist) but my work triggers these reactions all over the interwebs.

I pray to God you're just kidding.....maybe you've just been watching a bit too much of CNN.[:D]

UWone77
27 May 2019, 19:56

I'll give you credit Kris... a few of those cerakote jobs I used to think were corny AF, you've got me converted over.

Axlnut
27 May 2019, 19:58

Axlnut
27 May 2019, 19:59
I pray to God you're just kidding.....maybe you've just been watching a bit too much of CNN.[:D]

Of course kidding, all in good fun over here

Axlnut
27 May 2019, 20:03
In all honesty - I really mess with bright colors

1) to troll people that just can't relax
2) to give the customer something with impact. I mean, how much FDE and Black MC can there be in the world
3) to set myself apart

Three is the most important to me - it took a lot of practice to be able to integrate brighter colors without them becoming "dirty" and most coaters just can't pull it off. I take pride in that aspect of separating me from the crowd. I'm actually about to give KG a try because there is so much more I can do to bring depth to these jobs with a coating that lays down a bit more like traditional airbrushing paint.

FortTom
27 May 2019, 20:17
This is straight guy #nohomo camo. http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?10571-Swan-Song-Last-Build he.he..he..

Sorry guy's. I mind my own business, but #nohomo here.[:D][:D]

Axlnut
27 May 2019, 20:33
This is straight guy #nohomo camo. http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?10571-Swan-Song-Last-Build he.he..he..

Sorry guy's. I mind my own business, but #nohomo here.[:D][:D]

Axlnut
27 May 2019, 20:35
This is the gun industry man, everybody's gay once in a while

FortTom
27 May 2019, 20:36

A sort of close try.... Just kidding, that's some sweet work.[:D]

FortTom
27 May 2019, 21:22
This is the gun industry man, everybody's gay once in a while

Hey, guy, I hope you know that everyone here are just busting ball's and having a good laugh. Especially a forum that has a large number of MIL and LEO folks. We tend to bust balls a bit. Anyway, no one here doubts the quality of your work, I'm sure of that.[:D]

Aragorn
27 May 2019, 22:01

If you're gonna show my gun off, may as well include the Gran Sport stripes.

Axlnut
27 May 2019, 22:06
If you're gonna show my gun off, may as well include the Gran Sport stripes.

Wait YOU didn't show it off yet?!??

Aragorn
27 May 2019, 22:09
Wait YOU didn't show it off yet?!??

Dude I CANNOT do that gun justice with cell phone pics. Since I dropped in the Ti bolt carrier and tuned it (tuned to lock back unsupported cold and dry with PMC blazer, only gets fed full on 5.56) shoots like a damn dream. Like a REALLY loud .22 is no exaggeration.

Axlnut
27 May 2019, 22:12
Hey, guy, I hope you know that everyone here are just busting ball's and having a good laugh. Especially a forum that has a large number of MIL and LEO folks. We tend to bust balls a bit. Anyway, no one here doubts the quality of your work, I'm sure of that.[:D]

Somehow deleted my own reply:

I'm a MIL guy myself. (USMC)

I am 100% all good. You need to read every word I type as literally dripping in sarcasm, and likely try to figure out the movie I'm quoting.

Ask Battlecock, I take almost nothing seriously, and am about insufferable if you are not used to me.

Axlnut
27 May 2019, 22:17
Dude I CANNOT do that gun justice with cell phone pics. Since I dropped in the Ti bolt carrier and tuned it (tuned to lock back unsupported cold and dry with PMC blazer, only gets fed full on 5.56) shoots like a damn dream. Like a REALLY loud .22 is no exaggeration.

I'll find the Eva thread and post some of what I got :-)

Aragorn
27 May 2019, 22:25
I'll find the Eva thread and post some of what I got :-)

Knock yourself out. Guess I can follow up with a description and an up to date pic. Everyone knows I'm not David Pyzik.

Anyways.... not to thread hijack... carry on...

Axlnut
27 May 2019, 23:05
Knock yourself out. Guess I can follow up with a description and an up to date pic. Everyone knows I'm not David Pyzik.

Anyways.... not to thread hijack... carry on...

Libyans have nothing on this hijack.

Sorry Mustangfreak ;-)

Joelski
28 May 2019, 21:05
Somehow deleted my own reply:

I'm a MIL guy myself. (USMC)

I am 100% all good. You need to read every word I type as literally dripping in sarcasm, and likely try to figure out the movie I'm quoting.

Ask Battlecock, I take almost nothing seriously, and am about insufferable if you are not used to me.This whole thread's chock full of insufferable bastards!

Too far? [:D]

Everybody's entitled to a bitch day now and then (don't I know), but this group sync's up better than most forums. [:)] :warmfuzzy:

FortTom
29 May 2019, 05:25
This whole thread's chock full of insufferable bastards!

Too far? [:D]

Everybody's entitled to a bitch day now and then (don't I know), but this group sync's up better than most forums. [:)] :warmfuzzy:

Damn Joelski, I feel like you gave me a promotion!! I went from annoying asshole to insufferable bastard. Freakin' A that's cool

Thanks man, I owe you.

Joelski
29 May 2019, 13:08
Damn Joelski, I feel like you gave me a promotion!! I went from annoying asshole to insufferable bastard. Freakin' A that's cool

Thanks man, I owe you.

I'll send you my FFL info. ;)

mustangfreek
30 May 2019, 02:29
Lol

mustangfreek
15 September 2019, 00:44
Having range withdrawals so posting up to help..[BD]

Vel
18 October 2019, 06:18
Mustang, who did your cerakote? Cost?

fledge
18 October 2019, 06:42

https://km3solutions.com/

Give Kris a shout. Tell him you are from WEVO. He quotes per project.

UWone77
18 October 2019, 22:16
Personally, I'm trying to figure out what pistol is being sacrificed for a UNSC paint job. [:D][crazy]

mustangfreek
20 October 2019, 16:48

Like said above , cerakote magic by KM3 and stippling from BCT

Both outstanding members along with all involved in this project