PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense SPR Mid Length Upper. Question for John or Sickman.

1 October 2007, 09:22
Have you guys done T & E on this model? If so, how does it stack up against the Noveske's N4? Thanks, guys.

John Hwang
1 October 2007, 10:10
It's comparing apples and oranges IMO. The DD SPR Midlength upper is built around a match grade SS Barrel and the Noveske N4 is built around a chromed lined barrel closer to military standards. Having said that, accuracy reports have been very favorable with the N4.

What are you looking to do with your rifle?

1 October 2007, 10:16
Well, a rifle that I'll e able to put into hard use, a lot of sustained firing, and rapid firing, without concern of parts breaking down on me. I'm not looking for a target rifle with sub-MOA capability.

Paulinski
1 October 2007, 17:24
For what you specified the Noveske is a better choice.

John Hwang
1 October 2007, 17:40
For what you specified the Noveske is a better choice.

Agreed

Stickman
1 October 2007, 18:39
I just picked up a second Noveske carbine (basic variant) to do T&E on. Based off the specs and performance of the last one, I would happily carry a Novekse carbine as my duty weapon. The DD SPR upper is a nice upper, but its built more around the SPR concept. The Novekse is a built up to be a hard working, sustained use barrel, and it evidently still pulls a surprising degree of accuracy.

Daniel Defense also has a chrome lined barrel series if you like the DD rails. On that note, you could always go with a DD rail on a Noveske if you wanted.

3 October 2007, 14:05
Now, next question is, do you guys have the Noveske (a complete rifle) in stock?:P

John Hwang
3 October 2007, 16:22
We have the Light Versions in stock with the rail system. For the Basic version, we just have uppers so far.

3 October 2007, 16:47
Thanks John, PM sent.

Mike91A
4 October 2007, 18:55
Is there a differance between a basic N4 and a light N4 other than the hand guard?

John Hwang
4 October 2007, 21:11
Lite version has SWS Rail System, Low Profile Gas Block & Troy Front Flip Up Sight.