PDA

View Full Version : Don't belive everything you read on the internet...... He..heh..he..heh.

FortTom
11 June 2019, 13:47
I've just become a H&K fan and have come full circle from Glocks and other striker fired pistols. Possibly because of age and reflex issues, but I'm getting back to my 1911's and my new H&K's. I especially love the USP line, but they have others that are newer that many folks would prefer over the H&K USP line.

One thing, I'm seeing on the net, and got a "vaguely" ass chewing for attempting this on one of the HK forum (Guru's) with 26K posts
you would rather question than Jesus Christ himself. That being parts swapping. He may very well be a top 1%er when it comes to HK pistols and rifles, but he was wrong this time. He doesn't like being questioned, although he is very helpful to newb's to the HK's, so I'm not nocking him for that.

I bought a NIB 9mm full size, LEM model. It sucked, in my opinion, but other folks love them. I wanted a V.1 model. So a guy sent me all of his parts out of a new .40 cal. with trigger, hammer, and all of the other HK trigger parts, and asked me to sent the LEM parts out of mine to him.

Well, said Guru was wrong, and my thoughts that the frames were identical, even given everything being equal, a parts swap would change mine to a V1 with a safety, and de-cocker, and his to an LEM, using the original parts from mine. It worked beautiful, and now I have a full sized 9mm HK, with a Gray Guns reset reducer and slightly lighter trigger in DA or / SA mode.

The point here is that the frames and trigger groups, are the same, just in different length pistols and Cals. I had a 'Smith do the work for me as I was/am a true Newb to the HK USP's (now I have two) but yes anyone contemplating a swap, it does work. Strangely, to me, most people want to go to the LEM rather than a safety, de-cocker, then lighter pull in DA and SA. Beats me, but who am I to question another shooter and his/her weapons?

If you want to do a swap like that, know that whatever you might read on the 'net, it works perfectly. Now I have two very sweet HK's in 40C and FS 9mm

FT[:D]

UWone77
11 June 2019, 16:58
I had to read this post twice to understand what you were complaining about FT. [:D]

Honestly surprised HK keeps the USP line open. I figured everyone moved over to the VP9, and HK45's.

BoilerUp
11 June 2019, 17:24
Well, it's not exactly a secret if the parts numbers are the same or not: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/hk-usp/parts.html

FortTom
12 June 2019, 12:06
I had to read this post twice to understand what you were complaining about FT. [:D]

Honestly surprised HK keeps the USP line open. I figured everyone moved over to the VP9, and HK45's. I read somewhere, and don't know if it's true or not, that HK might be filing for bankruptcy.

I think as far as keeping the USP line open, is there's a huge demand for them, and again, I'm not sure, but someone opined that HK was more worried about fulfilling government/military orders around the world, and that's why folks are having a heck of a time getting them.

Joelski
12 June 2019, 15:43
USP's are some sweet pistols. I had a 45c back around the turn of the century; great gun in all aspects, IMO. I do prefer my P30L (Never got the "L" designation as it's standard length compared to other brands). Coming over from Glocks, I'm used to the absence of a manual thumb safety, however I love the paddle/mag release. If H&K has financial woes, it's because they keep their world small intentionally. They could produce their AR-style rifles, MP5's, 433's and even XM-8's right in Georgia if they chose to do so and they'd sell like hotcakes, but no; they have some kind of stupidity where business success is concerned. The fact that civvy customers are secondary to mil contracts is not a secret, as is the fact that they don't care to homolgate any of their long gun designs into a market where they'd never run out of orders.

FortTom
12 June 2019, 19:01
USP's are some sweet pistols. I had a 45c back around the turn of the century; great gun in all aspects, IMO. I do prefer my P30L (Never got the "L" designation as it's standard length compared to other brands). Coming over from Glocks, I'm used to the absence of a manual thumb safety, however I love the paddle/mag release. If H&K has financial woes, it's because they keep their world small intentionally. They could produce their AR-style rifles, MP5's, 433's and even XM-8's right in Georgia if they chose to do so and they'd sell like hotcakes, but no; they have some kind of stupidity where business success is concerned. The fact that civvy customers are secondary to mil contracts is not a secret, as is the fact that they don't care to homolgate any of their long gun designs into a market where they'd never run out of orders.
Being new to the HK world, I can't speak with "authority", but I've read your take on their woes, and missteps many times on other forums.

voodoo_man
13 June 2019, 10:15
The internet is fantasy, it's not real and it will never be regardless of what anyone says.

It vanishes tomorrow, that "guru" becomes another rando wandering about yelling at the sky.

FortTom
13 June 2019, 12:03
The internet is fantasy, it's not real and it will never be regardless of what anyone says.

It vanishes tomorrow, that "guru" becomes another rando wandering about yelling at the sky.

Yep.[:D]

FortTom
13 September 2019, 15:47
Finally got what I originally wanted, today. Got a LNIB HK USP 9mm compact. I've been carrying my .40 compact for a while, and the 9mm Full size does night stand duty with the large XS sight system. I've come to really appreciate these things. They're just well built machines, and feel like they could handle about anything one would reasonably throw at them. Could get a .45C to complete the trilogy, but I have enough of those in 1911 pistols, so I really don't need, or probably wouldn't carry it, if I had one. Really digging carrying these things. In a neoprene "belly band", I can fall asleep on the couch while watching T.V. and not even know I had it on. Plus driving with it holstered is a breeze. Was used to pulling a firearm out of holster and pushing it in between the seat and dash.