PDA

View Full Version : Article on LODD of Officer O'Sullivan (Sacramento) and Down OFficer Extraction

voodoo_man
21 June 2019, 15:25
www.vdmsr.com/2019/06/polish-that-badge.html

Since we don't have an LE-based sub....

Eric
21 June 2019, 16:42
Just out of curiosity, was this in your AO?

As I read the initial report, I too though about an improvised breach with a cop car (good use for an old Crown Vic pool car). This incident should start a lot of conversations and hopefully spark change where needed.

tact
21 June 2019, 17:19
Article appears to be short on situational information. I get it....someone needed to be a thinker but everything is situational dependent.

Former11B
22 June 2019, 00:36
Are we 100% sure they don’t have any doctrine for this? Seems like a department of that size in 2019 would. Having the tools is one thing, polishing up the badge and using them is another.

voodoo_man
22 June 2019, 11:32
Just out of curiosity, was this in your AO?

As I read the initial report, I too though about an improvised breach with a cop car (good use for an old Crown Vic pool car). This incident should start a lot of conversations and hopefully spark change where needed.

Not my AO, this conversation should have resulted in standard policies which should have been vetted through decades of application, clearly not the case here.

Article appears to be short on situational information. I get it....someone needed to be a thinker but everything is situational dependent.

Of course, no one knows anything other than the fact a downed officer was left for 30 minutes after being shot.

Are we 100% sure they don’t have any doctrine for this? Seems like a department of that size in 2019 would. Having the tools is one thing, polishing up the badge and using them is another.

If they did have doctrine for this it needs to be changed completely, as I stated in the article, "hold for swat" is not a workable policy.

UWone77
22 June 2019, 14:29
I’m just kind of wondering what the configuration of the backyard was. Could it even support a patrol car rescue? Was there enough room?

Shields? Helmets? Level IV armor? Ability of the officers there to formulate and execute a plan?

Definitely lots of questions.

voodoo_man
22 June 2019, 16:09
I’m just kind of wondering what the configuration of the backyard was. Could it even support a patrol car rescue? Was there enough room?

Shields? Helmets? Level IV armor? Ability of the officers there to formulate and execute a plan?

Definitely lots of questions.

Yeah lots of questions. I really hope they are forthcoming with info once they conclude their investigation. Since POS is alive it'll be a while before the trial and disco release even still. Something needed to have happened and nothing did.