PDA

View Full Version : Investing in Precious Metals

Pages : [1] 2

UWone77
23 June 2019, 20:00
Gold, Silver... Palladium, Platinum. What are you guys into ?

Where do you buy yours? Just thinking about diversifying a bit...

FortTom
23 June 2019, 20:05

Silver. JM Bullion and Silver.com. Not actuall "ivesting" more of turning in useless paper for tangible assets.

FT[:D]

UWone77
23 June 2019, 20:52
Silver. JM Bullion and Silver.com. Not actuall "ivesting" more of turning in useless paper for tangible assets.

You actually summed it up better...tangible assets. I guess I’ve been realizing all my money is in lead, aluminum, and paper gains.

Tyrannosaur
23 June 2019, 21:50
I just started looking into this. Silver seems the place to start and work up to gold. You're getting charged a little over market value so buying in bulk is the best bet

alamo5000
23 June 2019, 22:02
I've never invested in precious metals, but I have done A LOT of investments of many different flavors. Following.

FortTom
24 June 2019, 09:13
I just started looking into this. Silver seems the place to start and work up to gold. You're getting charged a little over market value so buying in bulk is the best bet

Gold, although more expensive, requires more money to buy. So Gold vs. Silver is a wash. I wouldn't want to have a safe full of gold, because when "trading" for goods, things get more difficult to bargain with, VS. Silver. Although you have to carry less than silver, in a SHTF scenario, You're going to have a hard time buying goods with gold, and making change, you are also going to be a target to everyone who knows you're dealing in gold.

But diversifying between different metal is a good idea. I would rather walk into a dangerous place with some silver, say a pocket full, than gold. Good luck, no matter which precious metals you choose to invest in.

FortTom
24 June 2019, 09:19
T-Rex, Silver.com ships on weight, or free ONLY for orders of $3000. JM Bullion has free shipping on any amount, over $ 99.00 but, at least for me, charges me TAX. Order any amount in "CART" and check your cost per ounce. Often times you get a better deal over the other, depending.

FT;)

UWone77
24 June 2019, 09:31
Silver is still hovering around lows. I the more paper money and stocks I have, the more I like the idea of tangible assets. I don't believe we're going to be in imminent danger of a 07/08 type of recession, but paper gains are so easily erased. I could see Silver picking up steam over $20/ounce.

MoxyDave
24 June 2019, 10:00
Stick with Gold, and wait until it's back to $1200/oz. Gold takes up a whole lot less space and is much easier to transport. I like to keep an eye on it and buy an ounce here and there when the price is low. I only buy Gold Eagles and Britannias from Apmex, JM Boullion and Provident. Provident usually has the best prices, but I haven't looked in a while since the prices have been skyrocketing. I invest in the stock market when metals are high.

Some folks think they're going to barter precious metals when SHTF. Those folks are retarded. Most of my friends wouldn't recognize a Gold Eagle from an arcade token. I buy Gold for a long-term hedge, and I never have more than 10% of my assets in precious metals.

I'm not sure what charts you're looking at but Silver prices are rising too ... not a good time to buy: https://www.jmbullion.com/charts/silver-prices/

UWone77
24 June 2019, 10:13
Some folks think they're going to barter precious metals when SHTF. Those folks are retarded. Most of my friends wouldn't recognize a Gold Eagle from an arcade token. I buy Gold for a long-term hedge, and I never have more than 10% of my assets in precious metals.

I'm not sure what charts you're looking at but Silver prices are rising too ... not a good time to buy: https://www.jmbullion.com/charts/silver-prices/

I mean it's not $10/ounce, but it's not 30 either. [:D] But yes, it is creeping up for sure.

You're right, people who think they're going to trade bullion in a SHTF scenario are ridiculous. In a true SHTF, I don't care about your precious metals. I'll need food, water, bullets...strippers [:D]

Jerry R
24 June 2019, 11:51
I'll need ...strippers [:D]

We're back to needing paper money - dollar bills [BD]

Joelski
24 June 2019, 13:51
Nevermind..

MoxyDave
24 June 2019, 16:12
I'll need food, water, bullets...strippers [:D]

Real estate is probably a better bet than metals right now ... Buy a strip joint! Ha!

Former11B
24 June 2019, 16:58

Depends on what type (of investing) you’re looking into

ROI/playing the market for buy low & sell high with “on paper” precious metals, or are you taking physical possession of the gold/silver as somewhere to sink cash as a hedge against inflation and currency devaluation

Former11B
24 June 2019, 17:08
Stick with Gold, and wait until it's back to $1200/oz. Gold takes up a whole lot less space and is much easier to transport. I like to keep an eye on it and buy an ounce here and there when the price is low. I only buy Gold Eagles and Britannias from Apmex, JM Boullion and Provident. Provident usually has the best prices, but I haven't looked in a while since the prices have been skyrocketing. I invest in the stock market when metals are high.

The folks who don’t recognize gold and silver won’t be the ones accepting it. Simple as that. This is why you don’t put all your eggs in one basket. I don’t know HOW the S will HTF, so I keep a variety of things stored from food/water, medical supplies, guns etc

Stone
24 June 2019, 20:15

I will try to sum up the last 4 years of major research and buying.

Rule 1: ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS take physical possesion of your purchases. If you dont HOLD IT you dont own it.

Rule 2: You DO NOT "invest" in PM's (precious metals). Precious metals ARE money (Gold and silver) Always has been and will always be. It is wealth preservation, and insurance. Look what the constitution says... Forget about platinum and palladium for now, its a whole different animal.

Rule 3: ONLY, buy from a reputable dealer. FT listed a few I will add more below.

The dollar IS debt based and currently worthless, nothing is backing it and they are running the printing preeses 24/7. Look up the US debt clock, bottom right hand corner and you will see the silver and gold to dollar ratio, its out of control. The only reason a dollar still works is because the masses "beleive" it has value.
There is alot going on behind the scenes with PM's. Price manipulation to the downside and massive hoarding by TPTB. China, Russia, big banks, and big money have been accumulating gold and silver for the last few years hand over fist. Long story short, something big is coming down the pipeline and everyone is moving away from the dollar. Way to much to say on this issue but its better to "do as they do" not what they say.

With a GSR of 92:1 as of this writing (gold silver ratio) The play right now is silver. The USG is allowing certain big players to manipulate it to the downside to keep the dollar alive. Thats a pandoras box of information but I am trying to just give you the nuggets. Now is a great time to buy...

Premiums: That is what you will pay over the silver and gold spot price. Thats how the dealers make money. The percentage over spot depends on what you buy. As a new buyer, keep it simple. ASE's American silver eagles, the more you buy the better the deal you get. Get a monster box-500
100 and 10 oz. bars will keep it simple as well. Again, the more you buy the better the deal is.

SD bullion- great guys! Best prices
JM bullion- Excellant dealer- little bit higher prices
Apmex- good dealer but high prices.
Golden state mint- Top notch, great prices
Bullion exchanges- Good prices, great CS.
Provident metals- Good dealer, average prices.

Sign up to those sites for their emails. They all have new weekly deals. Buy with cash/check, much better prices as all of them charge 4% for a CC use, industry standard. If you buy PM's you need to know they can be extremely volatile to the upside and down. Dont compare your holdings to a dollar value as the dollar has no value. Long story short but in my insane amount of research on silver, something big maybe happening in the 3rd or 4th quarter of this year. If your going to buy, do it now. Gold is already showing signs of a breakout. There is so much more I want to say. Understanding liquidity and what your state charges for up front taxes on purchases is another few things to consider. The major online dealers just started charging taxes but it varys from state to state. Think about that, we are being taxed on changing one form of money for another!! Thats like going to the gas station and asking for change for a dollar and the girl gives you back .92!
Shoot me a PM UW and we can chat off the record. I can guide you through your first purchase...

Also silver gets heavy real quick, 70LBS. per 1000 oz. A good safe and other options is advisable. You may get to a point where you will switch to gold...

As long as I can keep trading worthless paper dollars for real money(silver) I will keep doing so. Right now silver is so undervalued its insane..PM's are a long term play, buy it, put it away and forget about it.

Stone
24 June 2019, 20:40
Alot of great info here: https://www.jmbullion.com/investing-guide/

UWone77
24 June 2019, 21:13
Thanks for chiming in Stone. I seemed to have recalled that you were into precious metals back in an older post.

With all the quantitative easing, I just wanted tangible money instead of paper.

mustangfreek
25 June 2019, 01:43
Never had the extra coin to purchase vest on stocks or PM’s

Honestly dont get it, have watched silver and gold for over 10 years... and it’s lower now, and never jumped up crazy like..

Maybe I don’t see it..Sure if I had extra cash burning a hole in my pocket..but..ehhh

UWone77
25 June 2019, 05:52
Never had the extra coin to purchase vest on stocks or PM’s

Honestly dont get it, have watched silver and gold for over 10 years... and it’s lower now, and never jumped up crazy like..

Maybe I don’t see it..Sure if I had extra cash burning a hole in my pocket..but..ehhh

I guess my title is misleading. It's not so much an investment, but to convert paper money into "real" money. Like Stone said, the dollar is essentially only worth a dollar because people believe it's worth it based on the backing of the US Government. And we're 20 Trillion in debt. What happens when people start moving away from the dollar, like China would love to do?

Former11B
25 June 2019, 07:18
And if I could suggest one thing: buy local and buy in cash.

The Federal government HAS seized precious metals before, and one warrant to those online places and they’ll have a list of who’s purchased anything from them

Even JM bullion says “it could happen again”:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jmbullion.com/investing-guide/taxes-reporting-iras/government-confiscating-metals/

UWone77
25 June 2019, 08:02
And if I could suggest one thing: buy local and buy in cash.

The Federal government HAS seized precious metals before, and one warrant to those online places and they’ll have a list of who’s purchased anything from them

Even JM bullion says “it could happen again”:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jmbullion.com/investing-guide/taxes-reporting-iras/government-confiscating-metals/

Yeah I think we all have items that are on some kind of list. Especially NFA items.

Precious Metals, we can easily claim we sold them, melted them down, lost them. I see what you're saying. I have nothing good to say about FDR.

MoxyDave
25 June 2019, 12:34
A couple more things to keep in mind: I believe certain coins are exempt from Capital Gains taxes such as Gold Eagles (not 100% sure on that), and be careful how much you buy at once:

https://www.jmbullion.com/investing-guide/james/reportable-bullion-transactions/

https://www.jmbullion.com/reportable-bullion-transactions-infographic/

Stone
25 June 2019, 16:20
Also if you buy silver, get a good scale and weigh everything. And a good strong rare earth magnet for testing.
This is the one I have: https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DX08B-N52
https://www.hogentogler.com/ohaus/ohaus-compass-cr5200-compact-scale.asp

Make sure your scale reads troy ounces or OZT.

If you ever start buying gold I would highly suggest getting a tester: https://sigmametalytics.com/

Stone
25 June 2019, 16:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUI38kFZ0dw

mustangfreek
25 June 2019, 23:56
I guess my title is misleading. It's not so much an investment, but to convert paper money into "real" money. Like Stone said, the dollar is essentially only worth a dollar because people believe it's worth it based on the backing of the US Government. And we're 20 Trillion in debt. What happens when people start moving away from the dollar, like China would love to do?

I hear ya..

what does China want to move to? Trading rice or cup o noodles?

[:D][BD]

UWone77
26 June 2019, 10:26
I hear ya..

what does China want to move to? Trading rice or cup o noodles?

[:D][BD]

I would venture to say they would rather use local currencies. Russia and China are actively, proactively working against our interests abroad and of course hitting us at home when they can through cyber warfare. Hitting countries with sanctions would be tougher for us if we went away from the dollar.

UWone77
26 June 2019, 13:23
Stone,

Thanks for the tip, ended up with a lb of silver coming my way from SD Bullion.

Stone
26 June 2019, 16:28
No problem. Did you have to pay taxes at checkout? Curious what your states laws are... You are in WA. right?

alamo5000
26 June 2019, 16:55
I've been reading a bit and assuming you're not in it to be like "I got myself a bunker and a few pounds of gold to survive the apocalypse" and that it really is a diversification strategy, how do you offload or exit from the investment when the time is right or when you need to get cash?

I'm sure they will have pawn shops after the collapse, (maybe more than now), but aside from that what's the usual route to sell?

FortTom
26 June 2019, 17:55
I've been reading a bit and assuming you're not in it to be like "I got myself a bunker and a few pounds of gold to survive the apocalypse" and that it really is a diversification strategy, how do you offload or exit from the investment when the time is right or when you need to get cash?

I'm sure they will have pawn shops after the collapse, (maybe more than now), but aside from that what's the usual route to sell?

If there is a catastrophic devaluation of the paper dollar, you wouldn't want to trade it for cash. No one will want worthless USD's. Gold and Silver will be accepted as cash. If you're just going to sell it to convert it to cash just to have some extra folding money, And not due to some failure of our monetary system, you can sell it back to most reputable companies where you buy it, coin shops, etc.

FT

fledge
26 June 2019, 18:01
Stone,

Thanks for the tip, ended up with a lb of silver coming my way from SD Bullion.

Will be keeping an eye on the mail call thread. ;)

Stone
26 June 2019, 18:01
@ Alamo Thats a great question because alot of people buy without having a path to liquidity or at least checking around to see what they can get. Pawn shops: I would stay a million miles away from them. They want to give you pennys on the dollar for PM's, friggen parasites. Finding a reputable local numistatic dealer or PM dealer is usually the best. Most online places will buy what you have but you have to ship it to them and they do prefer quantity. Yeah the whole SHTF/PM stash just isnt the way to go at it. It really is wealth preservation, insurance, and a way to keep what you have earned from loosing value. My local places are $1 under spot for bars and anywhere from $1-$3 over spot for ASE's. It depends on the buy sell spread at the time. But I wont sell unless I can quickly turn it into another investment like raw land or real estate possibly. But more than likely I will use it as a supplement for retirement. Just cash out a few 10 oz. bars once a month to pay for food, gas and monthly expenses if needed. The rest I will pass on my kids...

FortTom
26 June 2019, 18:02
One other small matter, is how you pay for your silver (or gold). Try to deal with a reputable dealer that allows you to set up an ACH account if you're buying online. That is you register your checking account routing number and account number. It will usually save you about a dollar or more per ounce, due to costs credit card/PayPal charges them, and thus passed on to you. You also get a better price if you buy larger amounts than just 10 or so at a time, if you feel comfortable buying in larger quantities. Believe it or not, the savings adds up pretty quickly. Some offer free shipping also, on top of that, if you buy $99 or more. I like buying from one source but check around, Stone posted a lot of reputable dealers, and some have sales on particular coins or bars.

Stone
26 June 2019, 18:10
Alot of good info here, click on the links on the left side... https://www.free-bullion-investment-guide.com/

Stone
26 June 2019, 18:24
Heres a great article, his assesment is spot on but his timing was off. My research says towards the end of this year, when silver takes off its going to be stellar.

https://www.silver-phoenix500.com/article/corner-silver

Tyrannosaur
26 June 2019, 19:48
Just learned from a coin exchange that's local to me that if I spend more than $1000 NY doesn't charge sales tax... I do believe that's the first time I've heard :doesn't charge" and "tax" in the same sentence about NY

Former11B
26 June 2019, 20:30

Generally, people I know through gun circles will buy it up instantly. And again, generally, it comes back around if they need cash in a year or so for whatever reason. Another reason to keep like minded folks in your “circle of trust”

They aren’t going to scalp you like a pawn shop or even a gold/silver coin store would.

FortTom
27 June 2019, 01:59
Folks, if you're not an expert at buying and selling PM's, try to goad Stone into providing you with strategies. I've been stacking silver for quite a while now, but made several rookie mistakes, that cost me money. I figured out how to lower my costs greatly, and through some PM's, he's told me things that make collecting my silver more profitable. Actually, I'm not investing to make a buck, but for backing my Dollars with a real source of monetary worth, over paper "money".
Now, I'm comfrable buying 100 oz. if I have an extra buck or two now and then.

Tyrannosaur
27 June 2019, 07:13
I'm very interested in the buying part of PM. I'm sure I've made the rookie mistakes already. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

FortTom
27 June 2019, 18:47
On a "related" matter, I read today that there's a meteor between mars and jupitor that contains 10,000 QUADRILLION dollars worth of gold and preciious metals. Enough that if it could be 'caught' and brought back to earth it would destroy the earths commodities market, as it would be enought to make every living human a billionaire. The whole econcomy of the earth right now is at about 75 trillion bucks.

FortTom
27 June 2019, 18:50
I'm very interested in the buying part of PM. I'm sure I've made the rookie mistakes already. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Follow this link that Stone provided

https://www.free-bullion-investment-guide.com/

FT

UWone77
28 June 2019, 17:20
Got my silver in today. Just placed another order [:D]

FortTom
28 June 2019, 18:49
Got my silver in today. Just placed another order [:D]

Careful, it can be addictive. Hate to see you selling blood to get another ounce.[:D]

FT

UWone77
28 June 2019, 19:05
Careful, it can be addictive. Hate to see you selling blood to get another ounce.[:D]

FT

Since I'm not buying a lot of firearms lately or accessories, it frees up a lot of extra capital.

Stone - No, didn't get charged sales tax.... like you mention if they did, insane to think you're getting taxed on converting your money.

FortTom
29 June 2019, 01:08
Since I'm not buying a lot of firearms lately or accessories, it frees up a lot of extra capital.

Stone - No, didn't get charged sales tax.... like you mention if they did, insane to think you're getting taxed on converting your money.

KY charges tax. You're not actually "converting" your money, like you when you go to another country. You are purchasing a product from a non-government - for profit entity, for a certain amount of silver, gold, etc.. just the same as if you "converted" 3M into a Bugatti. [:D] Some states do, and some don't. But I do get mine shipped free so it's almost a draw.

Former11B
29 June 2019, 14:23

If you’re buying Eagles or junk silver, it’s US Currency so you shouldn’t be charged tax since you’re basically exchanging money for money

Stone
29 June 2019, 22:05
Your logic is sound but state gov. see it differently...

Former11B
29 June 2019, 22:19
Your logic is sound but state gov. see it differently...

I guess some states do. Mine doesn’t. Never paid tax on currency

FortTom
30 June 2019, 00:16
If you’re buying Eagles or junk silver, it’s US Currency so you shouldn’t be charged tax since you’re basically exchanging money for money
I think I understand what you're saying. For example, you're going to buy a 10 pound bag of 90% silver. Dollars, Half dollars, all in dimes.
O.K. you buy a bag of "junk" silver. Lets assume, for the sake of argument, you purchase one 100 Pound bag. O.K., you now own a bag of coins, that you could melt down for 90% of coins, minus what you paid for that bag of coins. Nobody is tracings dollars and silver at a 1 to 1 ration, or more simplified, no one is selling you money for even money. Someone is going to make a profit.

O.K., now you're going to charge an ounce, whether a Lady Liberty for the face value of 1 dollar, knowing it's worth a bunch more.
11B, do you see where I'm going with this? You aren't spending a dollar for a dollar's worth of silver, gold, etc... You're buying a Liberty Dollar, which has a value of one dollar, like a walking liberty. You're buying (today approx. 15.00) at a premium for the face value of a dollar.[:D]

Get the Tax thing now? Seller is charging a dollar per ounce, is in business as a gold/silver, coin for a profit. Same thing with the bag of US minted coins.,,an old silver dime spends like a new one, at the cash register. But you wouldn't spend that old dime for nothing.

Bro, I get what you're saying, but taxies, as much as I hate them being shove up my butt, is almost impossible, but (wink...wink...wink.) trading PM's is a great way to invest, but you'll have to talk to you're attorney about that. Not a dumbass like me...[:D]

Anyone agree or disagree?

FT;)[:D]

Stone
30 June 2019, 07:59
Do as they do, not what they say: https://gsiexchange.com/jp-morgan-cornered-silver-market/

UWone77
30 June 2019, 12:58
The wife is already like... I like this silver... why don't we buy some gold?

Silver babes... let's just stick to Silver... [:D]

BoilerUp
30 June 2019, 14:26
The wife is already like... I like this silver... why don't we buy some gold?

Silver babes... let's just stick to Silver... [:D]

Then again, if you are going to put $$ into PM assets, anyway, you might as well get it in a wearable form that keeps the wife happy while we all wait for Armageddon.

UWone77
30 June 2019, 15:22
Then again, if you are going to put $$ into PM assets, anyway, you might as well get it in a wearable form that keeps the wife happy while we all wait for Armageddon.

She doesn't wear jewelry, and other than a couple of nice watches on my end, I don't either. A stack of silver coins looks good though.

fledge
30 June 2019, 17:42
She doesn't wear jewelry, and other than a couple of nice watches on my end, I don't either. A stack of silver coins looks good though.

These better start showing up in your gun pics as props. Gotta see what all the fuss is about!

Stone
1 July 2019, 16:29
Here is a rare little beauty I just picked up.
There is a whole subset of a rare bar collectors out there. https://allengelhard.com/
Some of the rarest Engalhards ( 4 and 7oz. bars) have sold for over 6K! Do the math... And yes thats 4oz. of silver...

Stone
1 July 2019, 17:03
Mike Maloney did a great job putting together a video series, The hidden secrets of money. 10 episodes in all, here is number one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU

mustangfreek
2 July 2019, 00:02
These better start showing up in your gun pics as props. Gotta see what all the fuss is about!

Lol

UWone77
2 July 2019, 15:23
Here is a rare little beauty I just picked up.
There is a whole subset of a rare bar collectors out there. https://allengelhard.com/
Some of the rarest Engalhards ( 4 and 7oz. bars) have sold for over 6K! Do the math... And yes thats 4oz. of silver...

You know it never occurred to me that silver bars were possibly collectible. Especially since I'm thinking... you can just melt it down at any time and brand whatever you want on them. I could see how some older ones would be cool though.

Former11B
2 July 2019, 15:38
You know it never occurred to me that silver bars were possibly collectible. Especially since I'm thinking... you can just melt it down at any time and brand whatever you want on them. I could see how some older ones would be cool though.

I like to buy easily recognizable silver/gold. Less likely someone would think it’s a potential fake and not accept it. Unless they have an earth metal magnet...I’d rather not file any off to test with nitric acid

This my only non coin. Got it for my son and he thinks it’s pirate treasure

Stone
2 July 2019, 16:40

Back in the early 80's silver hit an all time high and alot of people cashed in bars. Well alot of the older Engalhard and Johnson Matthey bars got melted so what remains today is a remnant of what once was out there. So the scarcity of some of these bars makes for some crazy high prices.

Unlike silver most of the gold ever mined is still around. Silver gets consumed up in cell phones, computers, electronics, solar panels etc,etc. Most of that is never recovered so it puts an eventual strain on supply.

Heres a 100 year chart, pretty interesting. https://www.macrotrends.net/1470/historical-silver-prices-100-year-chart

MoxyDave
3 July 2019, 23:38
Just noticed a new video from long-time YouTuber Cull Silver on how he recently sold some Gold to buy a boat. Maybe you'll find this interesting:

https://youtu.be/kEgHt2jXE6s

UWone77
5 July 2019, 11:15
What what do you think? 1oz, 5oz, or 10oz bars?

Or a combo?

So far, I've taken a liking to the Silver Eagles...

MoxyDave
5 July 2019, 12:21
Silver and Gold Eagles are probably the most widely recognized and easiest to move. I like Britannias as well. Both are exempt from Capital Gains taxes. If I were still buying Silver I'd probably stick to name-brand 10oz bars. The coins are a pain in the ass to store. Keep in mind silver will tarnish in contact with air. If you're dead-set on Silver, be sure to vacuum-pack any bars you buy. Another reason I like Gold ... it's non-reactive and requires no special care.

Stone
5 July 2019, 17:44
The air is filled with many different compound gases, including several that contain sulfur. The sulfur reacts with the silver to create silver sulfide, which appears as a dark coating on the silver. Moisture and humidity can promote these reactions, which is why silver tarnishes quicker when the air is damp or humid. Keeping your stash in a col dry place is best. I use Pacific silvercloth which acts as a sacraficial to protect the silver. Milk spots are another issue and can develope on coins and especially proof coins. Maple leafs are the worst offenders, I would avoid anything from the Royal canadian mint like the plague except their 10 and 100 ounce bars. One ounce bars are really small and over time, logistically can be a PITA. Five ounce bars are in the same catagory as the one ounce, just not a great way to store them and not as popular at resale as 10 and 100 ounce bars.

https://silverguard.com/pages/pacific-silvercloth-faqs

Cut squares about 2"x2" and crumple it up and place it in the top of the tube of your Eagles. All coins have the possibility to milk spot, the Silvercloth will prevent it...

Stone
23 July 2019, 14:49
Silver spot price is on the rise. $16.50 and creeping up...

UWone77
23 July 2019, 14:59
Silver spot price is on the rise. $16.50 and creeping up...

I noticed! I also noticed how I love how heavy this 10oz bar is. I kind of want just 1kg bar, just to say I have it. [:D]

Stone
23 July 2019, 16:19
https://bullionexchanges.com/1-kilo-pamp-suisse-silver-bar-w-assay

Just ordered a few of these...

Wait until you hold a 100 ounce or a 5 kilo bar...

MoxyDave
23 July 2019, 18:04

When I get rich, I want to have a few of these in the safe [:)]

They're only about half a million bucks each ...

UWone77
23 July 2019, 18:31

When I get rich, I want to have a few of these in the safe [:)]

They're only about half a million bucks each ...

Insane to think two bars and you have a cool 1M in the safe that takes up a lot less space than cash.

MoxyDave
24 July 2019, 09:52
Insane to think two bars and you have a cool 1M in the safe that takes up a lot less space than cash.

Absolutely! I wonder how much 1M in cash weighs?

fledge
24 July 2019, 10:22
Absolutely! I wonder how much 1M in cash weighs?

22lbs in $100 bills.

Over a ton in $1s.

https://www.reference.com/science/much-one-million-dollars-weigh-7ab82498c203efdb

UWone77
24 July 2019, 10:36
I guess it just took Dave to tell me that I could have 1M in the safe taking up the space of 2 gold bars to realize, that's really the only way to stay liquid and somewhat protect yourself from inflation.

I guess it's time to make another order!

FortTom
24 July 2019, 11:51
When it comes to weight, I prefer 10 oz. and 1 oz. despite the extra storage capacity the smaller weights are concerned. And that, I think is due directly to my reasons, vs. someone else's for backing my money with silver and a little gold. Other's are investing hoping silver and gold to hit all time high's again for a solid investment with a sell call. In that case it doesn't matter how large your investment is, whether coins or bars, and by bars, I mean that literally, because a sell off would be much more simple in "large denominations",

Mine is a hedge fund against the failure of the U.S. Dollar, basically, and a SHTF fund, to a lesser extent. Therefore, in a SHTF scenario, I don't want to go into a negotiation without back-up and small denominations. If I go in knowing that I'm trying to buy antibiotics, and I know I can get it for a "hypothetical" amount of 25 oz.. of silver, I certainly wouldn't expect someone to have change, or even consider giving me "change" for a Kilo of silver or gold or whatever and the sellers not shooting me in the head for being stupid enough to brin a gold bar for a relatively small transaction or trade.. I'm of the opinion that depending on your purpose for hoarding silver and gold. dictates the size of the size of your investment in terms of weight.
If you've got enough money to fill a typical gun safe with Gold, bars and it's over flowing, you probably don't have jack squat to worry about it one way or the other. Brings me to dream about owning a beautiful boat and fishing boat, and sipping rum off the coast of Key West with a fishing line hooked to my toe.

UWone77
3 August 2019, 08:11
Just for shits, I decide I needed a 1 Kilo Bar of Silver. Maybe a 100 oz'er is in my future.

DISCOM
3 August 2019, 14:50
Just for shits, I decide I needed a 1 Kilo Bar of Silver. Maybe a 100 oz'er is in my future.

This would be better. . . [BD]

https://online.kitco.com/buy/31171/10-oz-Silver-Bullet-50-Caliber-Replica-999-31171

FortTom
3 August 2019, 18:28
This would be better. . . [BD]

https://online.kitco.com/buy/31171/10-oz-Silver-Bullet-50-Caliber-Replica-999-31171 If it's for a fun gift, or conversation piece, I could see it, but really, I don't want to pay 21.88 USD per oz. Just give me plain old rounds and bars.[:D]

UWone77
3 August 2019, 20:19
I already have a silver .308 round.... didn't go with the .50 though. [:D]

UWone77
7 August 2019, 07:36
I see Silver is hovering around $17 an ounce now...

Tyrannosaur
7 August 2019, 09:52
I'm wishing I bought more now... was going to get some a few days ago but didn't. Filled with regret

alamo5000
7 August 2019, 09:56
I don't mean to change the subject but I am just curious if anyone else invests in other things as well (in addition to) precious metals? Stocks, real estate, etc?

Stone
7 August 2019, 11:51
$17.30 silver and $1510.00 gold. Shes bumping up. I think the days of $15 silver will be long gone. Anything under $20 is still a good buy...

MoxyDave
7 August 2019, 12:00
I don't mean to change the subject but I am just curious if anyone else invests in other things as well (in addition to) precious metals? Stocks, real estate, etc?

Of course. Metals are a terrible investment. They don't make much over time in the long term. Compared to the S&P the gains on metals are hardly worth mentioning. I invest in index funds, employer 401k, a few defense-related stocks, real estate and even a couple promising startups. Metals are there only as a long-term store of value. I don't intend to make any money at all on them.

UWone77
7 August 2019, 19:20

Dave already mentioned it, precious metals are nothing compared to an index fund, which historically brings in 8-10% annual returns.

We are heavily leveraged into various Index funds, Fidelity, Vanguard retirement funds, ect.

My brokerage account, I've taken some higher risks. Some of my best hits in the last 3 years, which have returned more than 100% of my money:

Got into Amazon at $608/share
Lululemon at $70/share
Costco $130/share

One I've been watching is Digital Turbine (APPS) Got in a few thousand shares at just under $4, so even with the market dip the last 2 weeks, I'm still up over 35% ... I can see this one long term going to $40-50 a share.

I don't day trade, all my stocks, even in my brokerage account are long term holds. I'm no expert, so don't take anything I say as financial advice.

alamo5000
7 August 2019, 19:38
I'm no expert, so don't take anything I say as financial advice.

LOL! Don't worry!

I do like to play the market sometimes. A couple of years ago I made 3x what I was earning working (per year) in about a 4 month window. That was pretty nice.

I have stuff that I invest in as well that has lots of potential. I'm thinking before it's all said and done 500% to 600% ish is realistic.

Keep in mind that I geek out big time in these deep dives trying to figure stuff out.
I'm a dinosaur-- trained financial analyst so I nerd out pretty hard sometimes and often it's very risky stuff. I've lost my ass a few times as well.

That last big vacation I took- I went on a year long vacation and an around the world trip and all of it was paid for by playing the market.

I haven't been that stable in work in recent years so my income is all over the map. That said I probably should stop blowing it when I get a little bit ahead.

BoilerUp
7 August 2019, 20:21
We are heavily leveraged into various Index funds, Fidelity, Vanguard retirement funds, ect.

Asking this because I'm genuinely curious...

"heavily leveraged" means you took out debt in order to make the investments. Is that really what you meant?

UWone77
7 August 2019, 20:33
Asking this because I'm genuinely curious...

"heavily leveraged" means you took out debt in order to make the investments. Is that really what you meant?

Definition 2

verb
past tense: leveraged; past participle: leveraged
1. use borrowed capital for (an investment), expecting the profits made to be greater than the interest payable.
"a leveraged takeover bid"
2. use (something) to maximum advantage.
"the organization needs to leverage its key resources"

BoilerUp
7 August 2019, 21:49
OK, that's what I figured, but there are folks that do leverage their personal investments. Most individual investors don't have the stomach for it since it can put you in a very bad spot if you get it wrong.

mustangfreek
8 August 2019, 00:18
Always been curious about laying around with stocks etc..

Just don’t have the extra $$ to really play..plus I don’t like to lose..lol

UWone77
8 August 2019, 09:11
Always been curious about laying around with stocks etc..

Just don’t have the extra $$ to really play..plus I don’t like to lose..lol

If you can invest even $25, and dump it into a mutual fund, you can't historically beat the returns on a good index fund. Will there be down turns in the market? Absolutely. At one point in the 07/08 crash, I had less money in my accounts than my original investment. That's a hard pill if you look at it superficially when you've been dumping money in for 6-7 years. I just looked at is as... you're buying more shares at a lower price. Of course the market came roaring back, and I made my money back and then some. Until I'm 59.5 it's all just paper gains though. On paper I have a decent chunk of change, and on pace to retire very comfortably.

This is why compounding interest like I said is important. If you started with $25 a month for 20 years, at 7% return, you'd have $13,216 at the end.... which is more than double your $6000 of actual investment over that time.

Now multiply that by say, 20 years, at $250/per month, you have $131k.

Unfortunately for me, It wasn't until about 5 years ago until I maxed out my 401k contributions. Save early, save often, and as much as you can. Skipping dinners out, lattes, and you can save 2M for retirement.

alamo5000
8 August 2019, 09:43
I agree 100% with UW. You don't need to be daddy Warbucks in order to be in the market. In fact it's more important if you're not Mr. Warbucks.

There is a certain point after your basic needs are met that people should be putting away $50 per paycheck or whatever, and that's in addition to any 401K or whatever. $100 per month is $1,200 per year and $12,000 per ten years.

Ten years ago the DOW was at 9,170. Today it's been over 27,000, and that's with all the crazy stuff in the market.

If you put $100 a month under your mattress you only have $100 per month. Still better than nothing but there are better options.

gatordev
8 August 2019, 12:31
If you can invest even $25, and dump it into a mutual fund, you can't historically beat the returns on a good index fund. Will there be down turns in the market? Absolutely. At one point in the 07/08 crash, I had less money in my accounts than my original investment. That's a hard pill if you look at it superficially when you've been dumping money in for 6-7 years. I just looked at is as... you're buying more shares at a lower price. Of course the market came roaring back, and I made my money back and then some. Until I'm 59.5 it's all just paper gains though. On paper I have a decent chunk of change, and on pace to retire very comfortably.

In ~2000 when my dad was helping me set up some IRA accounts, one of the index funds was a "Science & Technology" account. Well, that seems like a slam dunk! I'll put $1K in that, we'll always have science and tech!

I think we all know how that turned out. Over the course of the next 15+ years, I'd look at the account every so often, mostly out of curiosity. After 2008, it slowly started to increase and I think a year or two ago it finally hit $1,000 again. Winning! I still make jokes about it to my dad.

UWone77
8 August 2019, 13:01
In ~2000 when my dad was helping me set up some IRA accounts, one of the index funds was a "Science & Technology" account. Well, that seems like a slam dunk! I'll put $1K in that, we'll always have science and tech!

I think we all know how that turned out. Over the course of the next 15+ years, I'd look at the account every so often, mostly out of curiosity. After 2008, it slowly started to increase and I think a year or two ago it finally hit $1,000 again. Winning! I still make jokes about it to my dad.

Hahaha... I've got a particular stock I paid $3 a share for. It's dropped down to $1.70 ish. My wife is like that stock sucks, even though I've literally invested maybe $500 in it. A few weeks ago I dumped another $500 into it, much to her chagrin. She's like why did you do that? I'm trying to lower my cost per share babe... see... we're only down 35% now instead of 60% [:D]

FortTom
8 August 2019, 14:45
Hahaha... I've got a particular stock I paid $3 a share for. It's dropped down to $1.70 ish. My wife is like that stock sucks, even though I've literally invested maybe $500 in it. A few weeks ago I dumped another $500 into it, much to her chagrin. She's like why did you do that? I'm trying to lower my cost per share babe... see... we're only down 35% now instead of 60% [:D]

Yeah, right if you think we're buying that crap, that your wife took that bait. She's probably still not done whipping your ass.[:D] I never made any money on "Penny" stocks, say $5 a share or under, and have taken too many risks to get it through my thick skull to leave it alone. Since I'm not doing much speculation trading these days, and have my money in mostly no risk little ROI funds. I'm not saying you can't knock one out of the ball park with them, but it's pretty few and far between, but I began watching them for a while, and if they hit $10 or $15 or so, I would put in a buy order. Most people I know, and are a lot more qualified than I am, say the same thing.

FortTom
8 August 2019, 20:11
Just made an order again tonight. Damn, since KY started taxing all online purchases, my silver isn't worth spot, even considering free shipping from JM Bullion. Uber lost 5 Billion last year, and their stock is way down. Not a bad buy, in my opinion, but at my age, unless you're freaking loaded rich and could care less about a 100K loss, I see it as a good buy. Again, when you get older, unless you have major holdings in companies like Coca Cola, General Foods, etc..it's not worth the risk. You don't have time to make up your losses, when you hit 61, time to just dabble a bit and see if you can hit on a few. Again, might as well go tp the casino. Your odds are about the same.[:D] U W is going to get a serious ass kicking from his wife, just wait and see. ...Lol...and still laughing. [:D]

UWone77
8 August 2019, 20:15
U W is going to get a serious ass kicking from his wife, just wait and see. ...Lol...and still laughing. [:D]

I love how you build this up in your head ... I do all the finances, wife makes comments once in awhile, but lets me have 100% control [:D]

FortTom
9 August 2019, 21:35
I love how you build this up in your head ... I do all the finances, wife makes comments once in awhile, but lets me have 100% control [:D]

Was just kidding...[:D]

mustangfreek
10 August 2019, 02:10
Lol..

Back to topic..

Thanks for the info, just don’t have a clue or anyone to lean on for Info/tips... as I don’t know squat about what is what really.

I’d love to get into something, but literally don’t know where to go, trust etc..

MoxyDave
10 August 2019, 10:49
Lol..

Back to topic..

Thanks for the info, just don’t have a clue or anyone to lean on for Info/tips... as I don’t know squat about what is what really.

I’d love to get into something, but literally don’t know where to go, trust etc..

Go to Vanguard.com and open a brokerage account. Put whatever you can afford every month into "VTI" - that is the Vanguard total stock market index (https://investor.vanguard.com/etf/profile/VTI). Just keep putting money in there every month, and ignore all the daily news. The worst thing you can do is panic and sell when the markets are low. This is a long-term investment. You won't see any returns for a long time, but if you keep doing it for many years you will very likely end up with a huge wad of cash.

If you want to learn more about investing, check out the Bogleheads forum (https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/index.php). John Bogle started Vanguard and it's unique in that it's owned by the investors. Just spend a half hour reading every day and before you know it, you will know way more than your peers.

alamo5000
10 August 2019, 11:57
Most people make the mistake in thinking that they need to know everything. They want to, or think they need to know accounting, finance, a Phd in economics, and all kinds of other stuff before they jump in.

They do this because (in their heads) 'investing' means picking this stock over that stock... If you want to get into that game you need to know a lot of things including being somewhat of a subject matter expert. The people that do that stuff for a living (in that way) do not live in a bubble. They have enough resources to hire and retain subject matter experts or a series of them, to hire those whiz bang bean counters, get the opinions of those Yale Economists etc.

As a regular joe though, your job is to figure out which organization that does the above the best and how much their funds charge you to do what they do. It's sort of like shopping for a vehicle. Do you need an 18 wheeler to haul your stuff around or will a pickup truck do?

All of them are vehicles, all of them roll down the road, but they don't accomplish the same thing in the same way. It's the same thing with investment products. Start shopping around if you are interested.

I would liken fees to say 'gas mileage'... if you are getting 9 miles to the gallon that's crazy but in some cases that is required. But on the other hand if you can get 40mpg that's something else. If you invest you will be paying fees 95% of the time in one way or another. It might not be transparent but nobody works for free.

That all said the real trick is learning about your options. Those options change over time and change with age or personal economics. Most of the time knowledge and understanding even of your options comes from years of following things and years of learning.

If you want to know stuff it will require reading (a lot of it) but don't think you have to know absolutely everything before starting. I know the basics about engines, but I don't have the time nor tools nor inclination to tear down an engine except maybe if I did it for fun. That's why mechanics are in business. Same thing is true with investments. That said the guy that does brakes might not know much about mufflers or the electronics that run your car stereo...nobody knows everything... so with investments doing some research about who and what is important.

UWone77
19 August 2019, 09:45
$17.30 silver and $1510.00 gold. Shes bumping up. I think the days of $15 silver will be long gone. Anything under $20 is still a good buy...

It's dipped down a bit, but still over $17. I think it's time to buy another round.

Stone
23 August 2019, 21:07
Good time to stock up. Little bit of a consolidation the last week or so. The stock market bubble is deflating and the bond markets are showing some serious cracks. If anyone isn't out of debt yet its a good time to do so...

FortTom
23 August 2019, 23:20
It's (silver) been bouncing up and down a dollar or two for the last couple of years. I'm giving it a big yawn, as far as moving. On the other hand I just got another 60 oz. in the mail a couple of days ago. Only been buying, seriously, about 5 years ago. About two or three years ago Stone turned me onto some serious buying/selling info, and I cleaned up my buying methods, and was also armed with a whole new outlook, and stopped making newbie mistakes.

Oops, I digress. But I watch those nickel and dime spikes and don't think they're indicative of a major swing anytime soon.

UWone77
27 August 2019, 08:35
Spot... $18.17 at the moment. That's about $3 more per oz than when I started this thread.

Stone
27 August 2019, 09:15
Yep! Mine production is down in several of the larger producing countrys as well which will partially fuel a bull market. They have been burning through the higher grade ores over the last five years or so just to make a small profit since prices were so low. There has been a perfect storm brewing behind the scenes for silver, I beleive that when this gains traction and the masses finally catch on $2-$3 a day rises will be the norm for a while... Above ground supply has been seriously diminishing and a net deficit has been shown over the last 16 years according to the silver institute. The online dealers will be OOS overnight and the premiums will skyrocket. If you havent topped off your stack, well, you know what to do...:P

UWone77
27 August 2019, 09:32
Yep! Mine production is down in several of the larger producing countrys as well which will partially fuel a bull market. They have been burning through the higher grade ores over the last five years or so just to make a small profit since prices were so low. There has been a perfect storm brewing behind the scenes for silver, I beleive that when this gains traction and the masses finally catch on $2-$3 a day rises will be the norm for a while... Above ground supply has been seriously diminishing and a net deficit has been shown over the last 16 years according to the silver institute. The online dealers will be OOS overnight and the premiums will skyrocket. If you havent topped off your stack, well, you know what to do...:P

Yeah that article you posted was great.

I actually made 2 orders today... I was like... 10 more ounces.... why not...

FortTom
4 September 2019, 04:11
$19.93 an ounce. Will it hit $20 soon, or $25 or is that a pipe dream?

UWone77
4 September 2019, 10:43
$19.93 an ounce. Will it hit $20 soon, or $25 or is that a pipe dream?

without question.... Wish I would have bought more at $15/16

UWone77
14 September 2019, 06:06
Back down to mid $17... right now I think I plan to buy between 20oz and a kg a month until it hits $20... if it ever does.

Russia and China stocking up on Gold to move away from the dollar: https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/peter-schiff-china-russia-buying-gold-because-they-can-read-the-writing-on-the-wall

Stone
23 September 2019, 07:59
A little bit of a correction the last few weeks, its healthy. $18.67- $1525.00 this morning, little bit of a bump up. Their manipulation is coming to an end with arrests and indictments at JP Morgan.
https://thedailycoin.org/2019/09/18/lbma-board-member-jp-morgan-managing-director-charged-with-rigging-precious-metals/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/12/ex-jp-morgan-silver-traders-guilty-plea-could-boost-manipulation-suit.html

It surprises me that the MSM like CNBC is actually reporting on this. Got a strong feeling their 30 year precious metal manipulation will end soon and the prices will rise to find equilibrium. Its hard to know how high it will go. In 2011 they lost control for a while and it shot up to $50 an Ozt. By all rights it should have kept going except JPM took over control of the spoofing and forced it back down. This coupled with year over year mining shortages and a few other key ingredients may lead to substantially higher prices in silver and gold before the dust settles. Also just learned that the US mint and the RCM is allocatng their coins (ASE's & Maple leafs) supply to distributors. This only happens when they are low on supply... Hmmmmm

Stone
28 February 2020, 09:03
As the stock market crash's it will drag silver and gold down with it initially but then it will diverge and PM's will rise. If you were wanting to top off your stacks its $16.80 today its a good time to do it...

UWone77
28 February 2020, 09:20
As the stock market crash's it will drag silver and gold down with it initially but then it will diverge and PM's will rise. If you were wanting to top off your stacks its $16.80 today its a good time to do it...

I was just going to post this. Big ol drop in PM's if you want to get in again.

Hopefully people stop freaking out over this market crash. Then again.... everyone is freaking out over N95 masks and freeze dried food

Stone
28 February 2020, 11:18
Its 5 years over due, the writing has been on the wall for quite some time. With non stop stock buybacks by companys and artifcial money injections from the fed its been a house of cards waiting to fall. I am also watching the under lying bond market which may implode as well. If anyone has a 401K, retirement or investment tied to the stock market I would highly suggest moving it to a safe haven until this thing bottoms out. The global bond market is somewhere around 250 trillion and is a bubble just waiting to be popped.

UWone77
28 February 2020, 12:03
I plan to keep buying more stocks and funds at lower prices. I’m going to keep diversifying as well, but I’m not worried. I still have 12-13 more years to go.

Stone
28 February 2020, 13:35
A healthy correction will be somewhere around a 50-60% drop. Might be another week of carnage. The longer TPTB artificially inflate it the worse it will be. Take a look at mining stocks to, once PM's diverge they will rise as well. Right now they are being dragged down, I am gonna wait for the bottom. FM, MAG, and AXU are the ones I am watching. I really like First Majestic silver. If silver goes on an epic bull run I will ride out the mining stocks then sell at the top.

https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/AG/overview

https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/MAG/overview

https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/AXU/overview

UWone77
13 March 2020, 14:38
Silver dips under $15/ounce.

If you can't decide which stocks to rebuy, good time to buy some Silver!

Stone
16 March 2020, 10:13
The online dealers are out of silver bars, its carnage... Its going to get worse when they realize their distributors cant source anything for them since above ground supplys are all but depleted. GSR is at 114:1 and thats one for the history books... Bubbles everywhere are popping, the fed dropped 4 trillion into the markets on friday and it barely flinched. Theres alot more going on here than the latest virus. They have created a debt monster that is imploding and will affect every aspect of life. At this point its not a bad idea to prep for worst case scenario and stay frosty. Most folks are still in the denial stage and wont face the reality.

UWone77
16 March 2020, 11:11
Under $14/ounce.... Crazy.

Yup... you're right, there's gonna be a lot of denial for awhile. I'm still shocked people are finally like... should I get a gun? Sure... but there aint no ammo! Time to melt down the silver for bullets. [:D]

Aragorn
16 March 2020, 11:41
Alright. Where do I buy?

UWone77
16 March 2020, 13:21
Alright. Where do I buy?

SD Bullion is my go to. I also like AMPEX

Stone
18 March 2020, 08:12
The online dealers have been picked clean and thats just from folks like myself who have been stacking for a while. Thats maybe less than 1% of the population, take a guess whats going to happen when the world takes notice?? Except this time above ground supplys are all but depleted. I can see the online dealers getting one more large order re filled but after that its going to be dry for a while. The dealers are screaming at their distributors who have limited stock, the dist. are screaming at the refiners who have limited stock and the refiners are screaming at the mines who have cut way back on production since they lose money at $14 an ounce. The mines have no insentive to ramp up production at 12.50 an ounce UNLESS they can work out a deal with the refiners for them to purchase their silver at a higher agreed price, say $16 an ounce. Long story short, so buy the time the dealer gets it on their website its going to be an easy $20 an ounce to buy even though spot price right now is sub $13. ASE's are going for around $22 an ounce right now and the US mint has actually suspended sales because they have no silver. Going to get real interesting...

UWone77
18 March 2020, 11:15
The online dealers have been picked clean and thats just from folks like myself who have been stacking for a while. Thats maybe less than 1% of the population, take a guess whats going to happen when the world takes notice?? Except this time above ground supplys are all but depleted. I can see the online dealers getting one more large order re filled but after that its going to be dry for a while. The dealers are screaming at their distributors who have limited stock, the dist. are screaming at the refiners who have limited stock and the refiners are screaming at the mines who have cut way back on production since they lose money at $14 an ounce. The mines have no insentive to ramp up production at 12.50 an ounce UNLESS they can work out a deal with the refiners for them to purchase their silver at a higher agreed price, say $16 an ounce. Long story short, so buy the time the dealer gets it on their website its going to be an easy $20 an ounce to buy even though spot price right now is sub $13. ASE's are going for around $22 an ounce right now and the US mint has actually suspended sales because they have no silver. Going to get real interesting...

Good post.

I got one more order in for 20 oz's worth when it was hovering in the $15 range. Thought about buying more, but right now I'm going to stay very liquid as far as cash. This downturn has started to trickle down.

I saw that the Canadian and US Mints were out of Eagles and Maples. Gonna be interesting!

Aragorn
18 March 2020, 11:38
Whew! Glad I got in an order this morning!

UWone77
19 March 2020, 15:30
Just got this from APMEX... along with a new $299 minimum order requirement

We are diligently sourcing inventory to fulfill your Precious Metals needs. We’ve purchased over 1 million ounces of Silver grain and bars, over 20,000 Gold American Eagles, thousands of Gold bars, and anything else we can find utilizing our many partners and mint relationships. Product has become increasingly difficult to source as the market becomes more volatile day by day. With demand as high as it is, our costs have risen substantially. We are diligently working to minimize premium increases while maximizing in-stock products.

Stone called it... product is scarce and they're scrambling to find new sources.

UWone77
20 March 2020, 10:04
Sub $13 silver today.... buy it if you can find it and afford it.

UWone77
8 July 2020, 13:24
So WEVO... what are we investing now?

I dropped a modest order for silver in April, but haven't bought any since. Silver was hard to find and overpriced back then.

I just transfered 150k of 457 from mutual funds into AMZN, MSFT, and APPL stock. Will ride those stocks and the rest into index funds out for the immediate future.

alamo5000
8 July 2020, 14:21

I dropped a modest order for silver in April, but haven't bought any since. Silver was hard to find and overpriced back then.

I just transfered 150k of 457 from mutual funds into AMZN, MSFT, and APPL stock. Will ride those stocks and the rest into index funds out for the immediate future.

I am in cash at the moment. I haven't had the time recently to do my due diligence. That said I think the market will be in flux until the election in November. I am pretty sure we will see more volatility in between then and now. For the most part we will be range bound for the next 3 months from the looks of things. That said I am considering a number of smaller stocks that have the trading volume but are showing volatility swings and look to exploit those 5 to 10% swings on quick trades.

On a fundamental level it is wise to be fully invested before the end of October. For that we have a little bit of time to do some homework. Once there is clear direction the market in 2020 will most likely do the same thing that it did in 2016 onward especially if Trump wins again.

I don't have any individual stock picks at the moment that I would feel comfortable going public with but that could change as I go through my vetting processes. The market as it sits now is very opaque for the time being.

UWone77
8 July 2020, 15:01
Some personal holdings that are under $5 a share:

IBIO
KTOV
SMSI
UMC

I'm not saying you'll be a millionaire in 10 years, but they were low enough where I took some fliers. The last 2 are companies that maybe able to cash in on 5G. We'll see.

I took a couple of fliers over a year ago on Digital Turbine APPS, and Plug Power PLUG.

APPS I was able to buy around $5 a share, and then it went up and down for a year, until the COVID Crash, ended up buying more when it was sub $4. Ended up with over 2200 shares. Closed today at $12.80/share, but almost hit $14/share earlier this week
PLUG I also have over 2K shares around $3/per. It closed at $9.50 today but it's been up over $10/share this week and last.

I think Digital Turbine will hit $20/share + and PLUG... waiting for them to be bought out by Amazon.

My strategy right now, I'm gonna ride the AMZN, APPL, and MSFT wave for the next 5 years. 40% of my contributions will be those 3, 40% on Index type funds, 10% on other funds, and 10% on small stock fliers.

Will shit crash again? Probably, but I'm going to stay the course, keep buying, and hope a little luck sprinkles in there.

Stone
8 July 2020, 18:03

I'm investing in mining stocks and exploration company's, Junior and mid cap miners. Bought in at the bottom at the end of march and as of today they are up between 5-229%! And the party hasn't even started yet. Me and the wife learned how to analyze a company's financials and figure out if they were worth investing in. I will put together a list if your interested of the ones we vetted and are doing well. I have actually put together a mining ETF of about 20 different company s. We are in gold, silver, zinc, copper and lithium. There is a handful of billionaires quietly moving into this sector...

https://www.gold-eagle.com/article/how-value-gold-and-silver-mining-stocks

https://www.gold-eagle.com/article/analyzing-junior-mining-company

mustangfreek
9 July 2020, 02:30
Holy crap UW...why you holding out on the advice...

Seems like you are pretty versed in it..Me I don’t have any, never had any and wouldn’t know where to start...:(

Break out the insider trading info..[:D]

MoxyDave
9 July 2020, 10:10
I'm sticking to cash for the moment. I figure inflation is going to destroy the dollar in the next year or two so my money is worth a lot more right now. I spent the last 2 months buying basically anything I want, filling out preps, etc. Now I'm waiting for the market to crash again before I get back in. Everyone says "don't try to time the market" but we are in uncharted waters right now. I'm not smart enough to pick stocks, and I think the market is simply too volatile to make any really good calls right now. The market is so completely divergent from reality at this point, my belief in the stock market is almost completely broken. I already have gold and I can't stomach buying anymore at these prices ... we shall see!

UWone77
9 July 2020, 10:23
I'm sticking to cash for the moment. I figure inflation is going to destroy the dollar in the next year or two so my money is worth a lot more right now. I spent the last 2 months buying basically anything I want, filling out preps, etc. Now I'm waiting for the market to crash again before I get back in. Everyone says "don't try to time the market" but we are in uncharted waters right now. I'm not smart enough to pick stocks, and I think the market is simply too volatile to make any really good calls right now. The market is so completely divergent from reality at this point, my belief in the stock market is almost completely broken. I already have gold and I can't stomach buying anymore at these prices ... we shall see!

Dave,

100% agree with you man. This is definitely uncharted territory. This is why I'm staying with index funds and Trillion dollar companies that are not likely to go out of business in my lifetime. I think people are just dumping money into the market because they see the government printing so much money.

Saved a little liquid cash as well, but we call that the home build overage budget. The wife was more eager to spend on potential upgrades, but now leaning towards not tapping into the fund unless absolutely necessary.

UWone77
9 July 2020, 10:27
Holy crap UW...why you holding out on the advice...

Seems like you are pretty versed in it..Me I don’t have any, never had any and wouldn’t know where to start...:(

Break out the insider trading info..[:D]

I wouldn't say I'm well versed at all. But I spend a lot of time reading.

About 7-8 years ago, I noticed my 457 wasn't doing much, even though our financial advisor was always telling me, and everyone else on the dept our accounts look fine. John Hwang actually helped me realize not to let poor people manage my money. I say that in overly simplistic terms, but why is a guy who can't make money for himself managing millions of dollars? What's his portfolio look like? Oh he doesn't really have one? you're fired.

There is a lot of information out there, so I decided to educate myself a little.

alamo5000
9 July 2020, 11:34
I wouldn't say I'm well versed at all. But I spend a lot of time reading.

About 7-8 years ago, I noticed my 457 wasn't doing much, even though our financial advisor was always telling me, and everyone else on the dept our accounts look fine. John Hwang actually helped me realize not to let poor people manage my money. I say that in overly simplistic terms, but why is a guy who can't make money for himself managing millions of dollars? What's his portfolio look like? Oh he doesn't really have one? you're fired.

There is a lot of information out there, so I decided to educate myself a little.

This is the absolutely smartest thing I think ANYONE can possibly do.

Just figuring out 'what is available to me?' is a big deal. There are tons of people that don't even know the most simplest of options they have (or opportunities).

Having worked in big financial institutions before I've met more than my share of extremely successful people before. I've also met a lot of highly successful people that managed other people's money. And I've also met the former shoe salesman (true story) that was hired to be those people's manager.

Even if your money is with a big name you still need to watch it. Around 90-95% of all people entering into financial advising do not last more than 4 or 5 years max.

Most leave because of politics. Others stay because they have no other choice.

mustangfreek
9 July 2020, 12:08
I just was never around that stuff growing up... left school early and started building houses..that and no friends or family was involved.

Never had the extra capital to throw in... thought about it , but no one to lean on, so never did.

Wish I would of, hearing how good some of your guys stories are.

Stone
21 July 2020, 10:22
Nice bump today... live spot prices: Gold Ask $1,845.73 +$26.36 Silver Ask $21.23 +$1.30

Stone
21 July 2020, 19:00
Up again tonight to $22.65[:D]

UWone77
21 July 2020, 19:06
Up again tonight to $22.65[:D]

I've noticed Silver Eagle prices are off the hook.

Got about 5k in Silver... APMEX tells me my holdings are worth like 7500. I'm not going to complain, but I probably won't be buying more right now.

Former11B
21 July 2020, 19:24

Got about 5k in Silver... APMEX tells me my holdings are worth like 7500. I'm not going to complain, but I probably won't be buying more right now.

Yup. Steady as she goes. I bought the obligatory 2020 eagles/etc otherwise I’m good for a pause

MoxyDave
21 July 2020, 21:47
I'm sitting on some Silver. Going to wait 6 months or so and dump it all. I prefer Gold, it's easier to carry [:)]

Stone
22 July 2020, 05:59

Yeah the premiums on the ASE's have gone ballistic ever since the US mint closed because of the coronavirus. There is still a shortage of silver out there since the mines have only recently re-opened and demand is still high. Even the generic bars and coins have higher than normal premiums. Good time to sit back and enjoy the ride...

Stone
22 July 2020, 05:59
I'm sitting on some Silver. Going to wait 6 months or so and dump it all. I prefer Gold, it's easier to carry [:)]

Are you doing a GSR swap?

MoxyDave
23 July 2020, 11:41
Are you doing a GSR swap?

Not likely. I'll probably dump my Gold too and buy another property, or a new (to me) car. Been rocking my Scion xB for almost 15 years now ... starting to show its age.

Gold and silver aren't much good if you never take advantage. I could see myself sitting on the metals too long and missing the opportunity. Who knows where this market is headed ... so many unknowns ...

Stone
27 July 2020, 16:57
Gold hit a new all time high today. $1970 and silver is busting a move as well at $25.60 [:D]

UWone77
28 July 2020, 00:43
Seems like the swings are a tad more wild as the cost has gone up.

MoxyDave
28 July 2020, 10:04
It's just going to get crazier as we near the election. My guess is $2500 gold by November. Anyone care to wager a gentleman's bet?

Aragorn
6 August 2020, 07:09
Silver is over $28

Time to sell? How does one do that?

UWone77
6 August 2020, 12:31
I thought about selling, but the way the government is printing money... which I'm sure they'll ramp up again for the next stimulus, and my massive paper gains in the market, I'm going to Hold.

I know some of you guys that have been buying for years have massive piles of Silver and Gold.... will cash in nicely, but I've got a modest ... say about 8k in value right now. I'm going to see what the economy/election does in the next 6months to a year.

Aragorn
6 August 2020, 12:41
Think it’ll keep going up?

How does one flip it anyways? I’m tempted to, I’ve already more than doubled my investment. Not that I bought a lot, but still.

Stone
6 August 2020, 19:50
Sold a few ounces today and got spot for the bars, needed some pocket cash. Stay away from pawn shops, they will offer you pennies on the dollar for your silver. I use a local place that only buys silver and gold. Local coin shops (LCS) are worth a call, call around and find out who is buying silver and gold. in your area. Call and ask what they are paying per ounce on what you are actually going to sell whether its ASE's, bars, generic rounds etc,etc. Buy sell spread: its what they use to calculate what they will pay on a given day. In a nutshell, if the price is rising they should be buying at or just below spot for bullion(bars). $1.50-$3.00 over spot for ASE's. If the price is falling they should be about a dollar below spot for bars and about .50 over for ASE's. That's a general guideline in my area. ALWAYS CALL FIRST! And always know what spot is when you call and when you are in the store ready to sell. JM bullion has a great app for this. Silver is going a lot higher and if you don't need the cash then wait. At $35-$40 I would sell some if your not in it for the long haul.

Stone
6 August 2020, 19:56
I thought about selling, but the way the government is printing money... which I'm sure they'll ramp up again for the next stimulus, and my massive paper gains in the market, I'm going to Hold.

I know some of you guys that have been buying for years have massive piles of Silver and Gold.... will cash in nicely, but I've got a modest ... say about 8k in value right now. I'm going to see what the economy/election does in the next 6months to a year.

Good idea, hang tight. PM's are wealth preservation and ARE money. If and when it gets to around 40ish and you need some pocket cash don't be afraid to peel off a 10 ounce bar or two. Take a little icing off the top so to speak... The online dealers are scrambling for product and good delivery bars (1000ozt.) are being pushed out to next year! totally unheard of. Above ground supply has dried up and buyers are lined up out the door...

ARAGORN: I answered your question, bottom of previous page...

:P

Aragorn
6 August 2020, 20:11
Thanks for the heads up. I’m not in a hurry, so that’ll give me time to look around the north DFW area.

Stone
6 August 2020, 20:30
Your welcome, let me know what you find out. I am curious as to the market in your area. Gives me a general idea of the market sentiment around the country...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=203&v=KxHwkFbmVWU&feature=emb_logo

UWone77
10 August 2020, 06:50
Some personal holdings that are under $5 a share:

IBIO
KTOV
SMSI
UMC

I'm not saying you'll be a millionaire in 10 years, but they were low enough where I took some fliers. The last 2 are companies that maybe able to cash in on 5G. We'll see.

I took a couple of fliers over a year ago on Digital Turbine APPS, and Plug Power PLUG.

APPS I was able to buy around $5 a share, and then it went up and down for a year, until the COVID Crash, ended up buying more when it was sub $4. Ended up with over 2200 shares. Closed today at $12.80/share, but almost hit $14/share earlier this week
PLUG I also have over 2K shares around $3/per. It closed at $9.50 today but it's been up over $10/share this week and last.

I think Digital Turbine will hit $20/share + and PLUG... waiting for them to be bought out by Amazon.

My strategy right now, I'm gonna ride the AMZN, APPL, and MSFT wave for the next 5 years. 40% of my contributions will be those 3, 40% on Index type funds, 10% on other funds, and 10% on small stock fliers.

Will shit crash again? Probably, but I'm going to stay the course, keep buying, and hope a little luck sprinkles in there.

Paper gains of note since this post:

APPS stock closed at $12.80 when I posted this on 7/8 ... you would have doubled your money.
IBIO $2.31/share on 7/8, peaked at $7.45 around 7/20, still hovering around $4.20 today
UMC $2.77 on 7/8, right now $4.34
KTOV hasn't done much
SMSI hasn't done much

Man... I wish I had the balls and the stomach for taxes to day trade. [:D]

UWone77
19 August 2020, 09:27
Cashed in 1800 shares of PLUG @14.16, for a 20K+ Profit. Started to sell off some stock and hold some cash in my accounts for the inevitable dip before the end of the year.

Stone
19 August 2020, 09:52
Nice trades!! The two biggest traps traders fall into is FOMO (fear of missing out) and greed. Never chase a stock up or down, listen to your gut feeling. Even the full time traders say its next to impossible to call a top or bottom... If you want to gamble and let a stock run a little further at least pull out your cost basis so if it does drop hard your initial investment is safe and all you really lose is unrealized gains.

mustangfreek
20 August 2020, 02:25
Well that’s a nice bonus for the day, well done!

Aragorn
20 August 2020, 07:47
20k? Jeez! Hell of a payday.

UWone77
25 August 2020, 18:54
Cashed in 1400 shares of APPS today for a 30K Profit. Part of me thinks there's going to be a major drop here soon, but maybe in December, like the last 2 years.

Holding all the cash from the last 4 stock sales in cash, unless someone has a hot tip LOL.

Aragorn
25 August 2020, 19:26
A hot tip? I was just about to ask you for one!

Stone
25 August 2020, 20:27
Sienna Resources Inc. https://www.siennaresources.com/ SNNAF on the OTC market

American Lithium Corp: https://www.americanlithiumcorp.com/ LIACF on the OTC

Pure Gold Mining Inc. https://www.puregoldmining.ca/ LRTNF on the OTC

Big money is moving quietly into PM's and the mining sector: https://goldsilver.com/blog/here-come-the-institutional-investorshow-this-shift-could-overwhelm-the-gold-industry/

If you don't have a way to buy and sell stocks yet I highly recommend Ameritrade. Easy to navigate website and well thought out platform, No commission fee's except on OTC trades and its $6.95 per trade. https://www.tdameritrade.com/home.page

mustangfreek
26 August 2020, 00:42
Thanks for the links Stone. I have been snooping...Good info and have thought about creating an account...lol..I am good with numbers..not sure about my luck or intuition..:o

A hot tip? I was just about to ask you for one!

Right...lol

Nice haul UW!

UWone77
14 September 2020, 10:38
Sienna Resources Inc. https://www.siennaresources.com/ SNNAF on the OTC market

American Lithium Corp: https://www.americanlithiumcorp.com/ LIACF on the OTC

Pure Gold Mining Inc. https://www.puregoldmining.ca/ LRTNF on the OTC

Big money is moving quietly into PM's and the mining sector: https://goldsilver.com/blog/here-come-the-institutional-investorshow-this-shift-could-overwhelm-the-gold-industry/

If you don't have a way to buy and sell stocks yet I highly recommend Ameritrade. Easy to navigate website and well thought out platform, No commission fee's except on OTC trades and its $6.95 per trade. https://www.tdameritrade.com/home.page

I had been waiting until LIACF dropped under $1. Threw down 1k shares this morning. You're like the 5th person to recommend it, so why not.

Former11B
15 September 2020, 06:48
I need to pull half of my slush fund and do some trading

UWone77
15 September 2020, 08:16
I need to pull half of my slush fund and do some trading

You should. I realized my slush fund was literally doing nothing for me. Slush fund being my remodel on my future gun room. I figure by the time I finish that project in 6-8 months, I can potential lose some money or on the flip slide, cash in 5-8k.

Bought Telsa on the dip, already up $9700 on the unrealized gains.

UWone77
7 October 2020, 07:56
I had been waiting until LIACF dropped under $1. Threw down 1k shares this morning. You're like the 5th person to recommend it, so why not.

Threw down 1k more shares of LIACF at .68 cents, so now I'm up around 33% on 2k total shares. For a $1 stock, it definitely has a lot of huge % swings.

Stone
7 October 2020, 14:57
LIACF is doing great. I picked it up back in march on the bottom at .33 and am up 240%. Picked up a few thousand shares of CRECF (Critical Elements Lithium) last week and I'm up 44% its a hot one!

Aragorn
8 October 2020, 12:39
Hope those two are still good. Just bought in.

Stone
19 October 2020, 16:48
After a week of doing research and putting alot of thought into it I decided to sell off my holdings and move into cash for now. Everything I am seeing is saying there is another large correction coming and after being up 120% overall on a 5 digit investment the last six months have paid off big time.

The underlying fundamentals dont look good and are hard to judge right now.These are the reasons I pulled out for now:

MASSIVE BOND AND DERRIVITIVE BUBBLE
ELECTION COMING UP
SECOND WAVE OF COVID
OVER INFLATED MARKET/OVERSOLD
SECTORS OF THE ECONOMY ARE CRASHING

There is more to it but these are the big ones. It was a great run getting in at the bottom in march, going to count my blessings and be wise this time. I will jump back in at the next bottom... Good time to move into cash, temporarily anyways. Maybe pickup a few gold eagles[:D]

Rule#1 Dont get married to stocks
Rule#2 Avoid FOMO- Fear of missing out... That goes both ways, on the up and down swings.
Rule#3 Never chase a stock- If you are chasing a stock, its already to late...

UWone77
29 December 2020, 22:04
After a week of doing research and putting alot of thought into it I decided to sell off my holdings and move into cash for now. Everything I am seeing is saying there is another large correction coming and after being up 120% overall on a 5 digit investment the last six months have paid off big time.

The underlying fundamentals dont look good and are hard to judge right now.These are the reasons I pulled out for now:

MASSIVE BOND AND DERRIVITIVE BUBBLE
ELECTION COMING UP
SECOND WAVE OF COVID
OVER INFLATED MARKET/OVERSOLD
SECTORS OF THE ECONOMY ARE CRASHING

There is more to it but these are the big ones. It was a great run getting in at the bottom in march, going to count my blessings and be wise this time. I will jump back in at the next bottom... Good time to move into cash, temporarily anyways. Maybe pickup a few gold eagles[:D]

Rule#1 Dont get married to stocks
Rule#2 Avoid FOMO- Fear of missing out... That goes both ways, on the up and down swings.
Rule#3 Never chase a stock- If you are chasing a stock, its already to late...

Boy Stone, did you nail this or what LOL.

I'm still going to keep buying my monthly mutual funds, but this next quarter is probably a great time to have some cash on the sidelines.

PM's and Bitcoin were a good bet this time last year.

alamo5000
29 December 2020, 22:57
I'm still going to keep buying my monthly mutual funds, but this next quarter is probably a great time to have some cash on the sidelines.

I would agree that cash is king for the next while. I am currently spooked by the market. I think come mid January sometime I would not be shocked to see a big market correction which would probably be good for you precious metals guys.

I don't follow everything. There aren't enough hours in the day to keep up with it all. But bread and butter stock market stuff has me somewhat spooked. When I see something on sale though I won't hesitate to buy... but it probably won't happen until at least another month or two from now where maybe we get some more clarity going forward.

Everyone has their own way of doing things but if you have done your homework don't fear making big bets when the market tanks. If it drops 7K points in a week or two my theory is to grow a pair of balls and buy the stuff you have previously done homework on.

alamo5000
29 December 2020, 23:05
This is a video of me trying to keep up with every aspect of the stock market or various investment choices...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXc5ltzKq3Y

UWone77
30 December 2020, 10:13
I would agree that cash is king for the next while. I am currently spooked by the market. I think come mid January sometime I would not be shocked to see a big market correction which would probably be good for you precious metals guys.

I don't follow everything. There aren't enough hours in the day to keep up with it all. But bread and butter stock market stuff has me somewhat spooked. When I see something on sale though I won't hesitate to buy... but it probably won't happen until at least another month or two from now where maybe we get some more clarity going forward.

Everyone has their own way of doing things but if you have done your homework don't fear making big bets when the market tanks. If it drops 7K points in a week or two my theory is to grow a pair of balls and buy the stuff you have previously done homework on.

I never said cash was king though. Good to have cash on the side lines to buy is a completely different thing.

35% of all the money the US has ever printed has been in the last 10 months. Cash sucks. I'm actually keeping "cash" in bitcoin until there is a correction/crash, then I'll cash in my bitcoin to buy securities I want to invest in. Is Bitcoin going to continue to go up? NO guarantee obviously, but that's the risk.

Stone
30 December 2020, 13:32
Keep your eyes on other metals as well like copper, iron, uranium, etc...LBRMF (Labrador Iron Mines ) is doing well, im up 1271% in two months, got in at .02 Decided to find out why and looks like china has upped its iron buying by 24%. They were buying from south america but they have all but shut down due to covid. Recent forecasts on LBRMF are charting it somwhere between a future price of $10-$30 a share. Its trading at .35 a share today DYODD. Could be a monster...

Energy Fuels Inc. (UUUU) Is another one Im in... https://www.energyfuels.com/

Gold and silver exploration company's are starting to shine. There is a coming shortage of precious metals and those mining company's will be looking to acquire those exploration company's. A few months ago I started to establish a new position when the market dropped 2K points in a week. Definitely keeping a pile of cash on the sidelines as well for the next SM correction. I can post some of my top exploration picks if you guys want some leeds...

MoxyDave
30 December 2020, 15:11
Interesting discussion guys. I've been hoarding cash myself for the past few months, after I took some profits from the stock market. I'm concerned about inflation with all this money printing so I'm going to put a lot more into physical gold next week. That shit makes me nervous too ... but whatcha gonna do?

UWone77
30 December 2020, 21:02
Keep your eyes on other metals as well like copper, iron, uranium, etc...LBRMF (Labrador Iron Mines ) is doing well, im up 1271% in two months, got in at .02 Decided to find out why and looks like china has upped its iron buying by 24%. They were buying from south america but they have all but shut down due to covid. Recent forecasts on LBRMF are charting it somwhere between a future price of $10-$30 a share. Its trading at .35 a share today DYODD. Could be a monster...

Energy Fuels Inc. (UUUU) Is another one Im in... https://www.energyfuels.com/

Gold and silver exploration company's are starting to shine. There is a coming shortage of precious metals and those mining company's will be looking to acquire those exploration company's. A few months ago I started to establish a new position when the market dropped 2K points in a week. Definitely keeping a pile of cash on the sidelines as well for the next SM correction. I can post some of my top exploration picks if you guys want some leeds...

Always interested to see your tips dude.

I also like taking fliers.

Stone
31 December 2020, 08:30
WTHVF
AZASF
TMQ
MDRPF
GENMF
AMHPF
HGGOF

As always I vetted the company's financials and forward looking statements and they look good. These are my top producers right now in the gold and silver exploration stocks. I feel they have plenty of room to grow since above ground supply is limited and mining company's will be looking for new discovery's as their current mine supply's start to diminish. These tips are originally from some of the top mining and exploration stock guys in the industry. If you believe gold and silver have a lot of room to grow then mining and exploration stocks will do well. I believe the gold and silver bull run is just getting underway and could last 5-10 years. This one is mimicking the 2001-2011 run up. As always DYODD.

https://www.gold-eagle.com/article/how-ride-precious-metals-bull-market-top

https://www.gold-eagle.com/authors/don-durrett

Stone
31 December 2020, 08:39
Investing is tricky right now with the DOW at an all time high. I have positions, but I am selling off the dogs and am keeping a smaller position than I would normally like too. In a serious correction its easier to ride it out for a while (to the downside) with a smaller position and then add to my positions (the winners) as the price drops, to lower my cost per share average. I also have a list of vetted company's that are on a "crash buy list" meaning I don't have positions in them yet but on a downturn I can pick them up on the cheap.

UWone77
6 January 2021, 15:24
After today, I think it's safe to say Lead is going to be the best PM investment!

MoxyDave
6 January 2021, 17:21
What a fucking shitshow! I'm not sure how to feel about current events, and I sure as hell don't know where to invest now. What an insane time to be alive.

alamo5000
6 January 2021, 17:58
What a fucking shitshow! I'm not sure how to feel about current events, and I sure as hell don't know where to invest now. What an insane time to be alive.

Cash.

For now.

Once we reach peak chaos then decide where to invest.

UWone77
12 January 2021, 12:39
LIACF up 20% today. Good to seem some movement in the PM/Mining stocks.

Tyrannosaur
16 January 2021, 11:07
Where are you guys getting your metals from? Apmex, SD Bullion? Even though prices are up id rather have that than these worthless notes they keep printing

Aragorn
16 January 2021, 11:41
I use Gold State Mint.

MoxyDave
16 January 2021, 11:55
Where are you guys getting your metals from? Apmex, SD Bullion? Even though prices are up id rather have that than these worthless notes they keep printing

I use JD Bullion most of the time. Apmex will sometimes have a good deal on their Ebay store but typically they are the most expensive vendor. No experience with Gold State Mint.

You can also buy directly from the big mints but I haven't done that myself.

Stone
16 January 2021, 14:09
I think MD meant JM bullion.
SD bullion
Golden state mint
Bold precious metals
Scottsdale mint
Bullion Exchanges

I have bought from all of them and they are all GTG. If your just starting out avoid Ebay for now (to many fakes) and it takes a well trained eye to spot the scammers. Go with 10 oz. generic bars, 1oz. generic silver rounds or American silver eagles, ASE's. Also buy a rare earth magnet and a scale to check your purchases. If you buy from reputable dealers you should be safe but always verify authenticity. If you can swing 15K just get a monster box of ASE's. Make sure you know if you will be charged tax when you check out, it will affect your CPOA, cost per ounce average. I refuse to pay taxes so I only buy whats not taxed in my state. Research liquidity, if the day comes when you may want to sell a little its good to have a plan and knowledge before hand. Avoid pawn shops they will offer you penny's on the dollar. LCS's, local coin shops or shops that exclusively buy PM's are the way to go. Download the JM bullion spot price app to your phone and buy on the dips. PM's are NOT an investment, it IS real money in every sense of the word. The spot price IS manipulated by TPTB and that is what is keeping the dollar alive at this point. PM's ARE a foundation to a financial portfolio, buy it, put it away and forget about it. DO not treat it like a stock or investment. The spot price IS not the true value, far from it.

https://www.jmbullion.com/tax/

UWone77
17 January 2021, 12:37
On Stone's recommendation, I buy mostly from SD.... occassionally AMPEX, because I just like how their bars look. LOL

alamo5000
17 January 2021, 14:37
I bet if you had gone long on lead about a year ago you would be sitting on a fortune right now. :)

Tyrannosaur
17 January 2021, 17:03
Thank you for the replies. Wish I had bought more before the "plague"

MoxyDave
17 January 2021, 19:57
I just bought a few more gold coins from JM Bullion. They take ACH now which is nice; no need to write a physical check and send it to them for the best price. Seems like a good time to buy with the recent price drop. My guess is after the election things are going to go nuts, but you never really know. Time will tell, but in any case I personally believe the dollar will depreciate much more than Gold in the next few years.

Stone
27 January 2021, 13:16
I got back into the stock market in November but knew it would be a short run. Over the last week I decided to take my profits and have reduced my overall positions by 95%. Took some decent profits once again... The under lying fundamentals are NOT looking good and with uncle Joe steering the boat towards an iceberg a crash is imminent. Margin calls are at a staggering 800 billion and climbing (Thats not going to end well) and the SM to GDP is at 190%.

At 100% we are in a bubble so 200% is a train wreck waiting to happen. All the independent big name investors are saying the same thing and are sounding the alarm bells. Moved my positions into cash and have an amazing crash buy list. If you choose to stay in the ride down is going to be ugly, stay frosty guys...

ETA: Looks like the Dow has been down for five days and today was the worst. Cracks are appearing...

PM's will get dragged down as well so a good buying opportunity like a big dip might be at hand.

alamo5000
27 January 2021, 14:16
Has anyone been following Game Stop shares? (GME)

Look at a 5 day chart. Less than a week ago it was $38 and now it's gone over $370 a few times already all within the past week.

Almost 1,000% return.

The back story is that Game Stop isn't doing so great so a few big hedge funds started shorting it big time. Then a bunch of gamers teamed up on Reddit and drove the price way up as a way to get back at them. So far the gamers are winning big.

MoxyDave
27 January 2021, 14:53
Has anyone been following Game Stop shares? (GME)

Look at a 5 day chart. Less than a week ago it was $38 and now it's gone over $370 a few times already all within the past week.

Almost 1,000% return.

The back story is that Game Stop isn't doing so great so a few big hedge funds started shorting it big time. Then a bunch of gamers teamed up on Reddit and drove the price way up as a way to get back at them. So far the gamers are winning big.

I've been watching this. I find it quite amusing. Many old codgers don't know what to make of it and are utterly confused. Sites like Reddit and all the Millennials are changing the game ... grab your popcorn [:)]

I'm going to move most of my 401k away from stocks later this week. Already moved everything else into cash-like funds ...

Waiting for another couple Gold coins to be delivered today as well [:)]

Louis Rossmann on YouTube has made a few videos explaining what is happening. THIS IS NOT HACKING YOU OLD FUCKING CODGERS! (yelling at our ancient govt idiots in charge):

https://youtu.be/D-U2rOHIv94

Stone
27 January 2021, 15:23
Bidens first week in office, managed to kill one million good paying jobs.

UWone77
27 January 2021, 18:46
Bidens first week in office, managed to kill one million good paying jobs.

Well no worries, they can just get unemployment or 15/hr in their next jobs.

Unfortunately, sometimes people have to get the stupid slapped upside their head before they realize elections do have consequences.

Stone
29 January 2021, 09:12
Heres a great explanation of whats going on in the market. Time for the little guys to stick back to TPTB!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH_F7mQIM0M&feature=emb_logo

Stone
29 January 2021, 09:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ToOGrUQ7ME&feature=emb_logo

Stone
29 January 2021, 09:14
Go silver!!!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/silver-latest-market-hit-reddit-151147282.html

MoxyDave
29 January 2021, 12:24
Grabbing my popcorn and getting APMEX on the horn in case it's time to sell ... [:)]

Stone
30 January 2021, 07:57
This is a great video, about an hour long but well worth the watch.

STOCK WARS! The People Rise Up Against Wall Street

https://goldsilver.com/blog/stock-wars-the-people-rise-up-against-wall-street/?utm_campaign=20210130_NH_Peak_Jim_Bianco_Reddit_v _Wall_Street&utm_content=touchpoint_1_peak&utm_medium=email&utm_source=zaius

UWone77
30 January 2021, 21:21
Man, this market is wild. I'm going to keep investing obviously, but wow... didn't see the uprising against the hedge fund managers.

alamo5000
30 January 2021, 22:48
Man, this market is wild. I'm going to keep investing obviously, but wow... didn't see the uprising against the hedge fund managers.

Back in 2019 we (me and a few friends of mine) outed Blue Mountain over some very questionable things which helped them decide to fold up shop. A $22 billion dollar fund went poof.

In this case with Reddit/Game Stop in my view is beautiful. Those assholes got beaten at their own game. It's no less than the school yard bully who goes around taking people's lunch money until one day he gets his ass kicked and goes crying to the principle that someone hit him.

The risk now with the Game Stop thing (which I haven't followed daily) is that less than shrewd people will go in expecting more rise only to possibly get much more drop. At this point I think they are trying to protect the out of work dude who is willing to risk it all. The varsity players have rules, such as 'if you are in a fair fight then don't do it'. Fundamental investing is far less sexy but I love it. It's sort of like forensic accounting only on a much larger level. That said it's not en vogue at all for the most part.

That's one thing that drives me nuts is just HOW fake things are on Wall Street. I have quite a bit of training in finance and accounting and all that financial witchcraft and it's for sure a very rigged game with very little to no actual justification for valuations as they are in many cases.

That said a very shrewd guy told me not long ago after hearing me rant about all the details of why X company was severely under valued that 'you aren't playing that game, you are playing the other players'. People literally buy and sell billions of dollars in stocks every single day based on a chart without knowing a single thing about the company maybe aside from the name or ticker symbol. It makes it much harder for people like me that are still trying to operate via a strong ground game. You can have all kinds of fundamentals in your favor but then the market goes completely insane.

One of my favorite quotes I've heard recently was 'the market can stay irrational for a whole lot longer than you can stay solvent'. It's extremely true.

alamo5000
30 January 2021, 22:53
The world is dog eat dog, and if you are not careful it's the other way around.

Stone
31 January 2021, 08:38

Do you have stop orders in place? Got a feeling its gonna get super volatile...

UWone77
31 January 2021, 09:16
Do you have stop orders in place? Got a feeling its gonna get super volatile...

On some stuff. Majority of my holdings are for the long game. Some of the alterative fuel/car companies I have stop orders, since it's definitely a bubble.

UWone77
31 January 2021, 09:18
Back in 2019 we (me and a few friends of mine) outed Blue Mountain over some very questionable things which helped them decide to fold up shop. A $22 billion dollar fund went poof.

In this case with Reddit/Game Stop in my view is beautiful. Those assholes got beaten at their own game. It's no less than the school yard bully who goes around taking people's lunch money until one day he gets his ass kicked and goes crying to the principle that someone hit him.

The risk now with the Game Stop thing (which I haven't followed daily) is that less than shrewd people will go in expecting more rise only to possibly get much more drop. At this point I think they are trying to protect the out of work dude who is willing to risk it all. The varsity players have rules, such as 'if you are in a fair fight then don't do it'. Fundamental investing is far less sexy but I love it. It's sort of like forensic accounting only on a much larger level. That said it's not en vogue at all for the most part.

That's one thing that drives me nuts is just HOW fake things are on Wall Street. I have quite a bit of training in finance and accounting and all that financial witchcraft and it's for sure a very rigged game with very little to no actual justification for valuations as they are in many cases.

That said a very shrewd guy told me not long ago after hearing me rant about all the details of why X company was severely under valued that 'you aren't playing that game, you are playing the other players'. People literally buy and sell billions of dollars in stocks every single day based on a chart without knowing a single thing about the company maybe aside from the name or ticker symbol. It makes it much harder for people like me that are still trying to operate via a strong ground game. You can have all kinds of fundamentals in your favor but then the market goes completely insane.

One of my favorite quotes I've heard recently was 'the market can stay irrational for a whole lot longer than you can stay solvent'. It's extremely true.

This is a lot of typing for something I got very little out of ;)

You gotta use more Memes and Twitter screen shots.

alamo5000
31 January 2021, 10:02
You gotta use more Memes and Twitter screen shots.

I banned facebook which means I deleted all association with them forever and I don't do twitter so my stash of memes is exceedingly low.

Stone
31 January 2021, 16:28
Silver is up $1.50 at opening tonight. If this keeps up the online dealers will be bone dry by tuesday...

UWone77
31 January 2021, 18:59
Silver is up $1.50 at opening tonight. If this keeps up the online dealers will be bone dry by tuesday...

APMEX halted Silver sales... I can't wait to see what it opens at on Monday.

Stone
1 February 2021, 07:20
Fireworks!!

UWone77
1 February 2021, 20:06
$30 silver, how high can it go on this run?

UWone77
2 February 2021, 07:46
On one hand, I'm kind of glad to see GME and AMC return to normal, on the other hand, wanted to see it continue to burn for awhile to see where it goes.

Stone
2 February 2021, 14:40
I sold off the last of my positions this morning, I follow my gut and so its served me well. I feel this titanic of a stock market is headed towards an iceberg..
I'm out of debt except the mortgage and im gonna try and bang that out this year. Moved my positions into cash and will wait for a downturn. Better to be out a few months to early than an hour to late...

UWone77
9 February 2021, 18:05
So LIACF suspended trading today... merger talks?

Stone, tell them we want $3.50 a share [:D]

If you guys took our advice to get into LIACF, it was around 80 to 90 cents a share. It's now over $2.50 and looking to be taken over. Should have been a nice profit for some.

Stone
9 February 2021, 18:50
Not sure whats going on??? There was a huge write up in one of the business papers on them, maybe they are allocating more shares out to the public.[pop]

alamo5000
9 February 2021, 21:06
So LIACF suspended trading today... merger talks?

It says from what I have been able to find that this was a code U1 halt. Which is a foreign market regulatory halt. Further reading says that this company participates in the Canadian debt markets so they basically self reported to the equivalent of FINRA in Canada and asked for a trading halt. That request was then forwarded to FINRA (in the US) who halted trading in our OTC markets as it's not listed on any exchanges at present.

They (LIACF) apparently agreed to acquire another company (Plateau Energy Metals). I am not sure if they are issuing more shares or how they intend to pay for or otherwise acquire the other company's shares but it looks like about a 1:3 ratio for the share exchange (you get 1 share of LIACF for every 3 shares of Plateau). It's not quite 1:3 but more like every 3.4 shares of Plateau get you 1 share of LIACF.

None the less the trading halt was self requested but it filtered through a foreign regulatory body so it showed up in the US as a code U1 (Foreign Market Regulatory Halt)

Jerry R
10 February 2021, 06:42
Fidelity (brokerage account) is accepting "Limit Orders" for LIACF at this time. I may be late to the party, but just put in an order.

Stone
10 February 2021, 07:43
Yeah a merger would explain it, they halt the trading until the new stock price is figured out. Nice find Alamo...

alamo5000
10 February 2021, 10:10
Yeah a merger would explain it, they halt the trading until the new stock price is figured out. Nice find Alamo...

They don't always halt trading but with a small company like this they definitely would be justified in doing so. I read about it for a whole ten minutes...but knowing where to read is the valuable part [BD]

mustangfreek
10 February 2021, 11:50
Any play around with penny stocks?

I’m not a big baller, but want to play around a little

Any hints?

Jerry R
10 February 2021, 12:10
I believe anything under $5 is considered a penny stock. I would suggest a brokerage account with a firm that does not charge a fee for each transaction (buy/sell). I opened one with Fidelity, only because they have my 401K. They charge a percentage of the total value of all accounts on a quarterly basis; and it is very reasonable. I decided not to go with a trading app like Robinhood because they may be subject to future scrutiny. Several large companies offer brokerage accounts with minimal initial investment.

The penny stocks I have now are AMC LIACF and ONPH. ONPH might not be a good purchase right now, as it has doubled since I bought. I believe it will come back down. I should have started this roller coaster when I first retired, just didn't think about it.

Let us know what you decide.

mustangfreek
10 February 2021, 13:37
I’ve been playing around with Stash app for a month, and just signed up for a Charles Schwab acct.

Pretty green..only threw 50 bux in the stash app to start.. up like 10 bux.lol

It’s limited as in what companies you can buy in.. buy can buy any % of one stock.

Idk much really..lol.. I don’t have much to put in at the moment.

alamo5000
10 February 2021, 13:49
Any play around with penny stocks?

I’m not a big baller, but want to play around a little

Any hints?

You should probably call the brokerage you want to use and ask them before you open an account.

Mine doesn't charge fees but I think if the share prices are below a certain threshold in price there is a fee, albeit small. You could get like half of a happy meal or something like that. They recently (past couple of years) re did the fee schedule so I don't know what it is now.

As far as I know Jerry is right. Anything less than $5 is considered "penny".

If you are talking about sub $1 stocks those typically are not going to be listed companies. By listed I mean they don't trade on any stock exchange like the NYSE or something like that.

Don't get me wrong. Companies start out at $10 and go down to .85 cents all the time on the exchanges but if they don't get the price up in a short period of time they can delist them.

Being traded OTC (over the counter) isn't horrible but you should read about it and how it works so you know what to expect before you get into that game.

UWone77
10 February 2021, 15:24
The only problem you might run into playing with penny stocks is they trade OTC. You'll usually get hit with a trading fee, such as $6.95 for eTrade... which the one I throw my play money in. While $7 isn't a lot of cash, it will be a giant chunk if you buy $50 worth of a penny stock, and you have $7 tacked on.

Some Penny stocks you can take a flier on:

PVDG
HQGE
PLPL

You will likely not make any money on penny stocks, are they can be manipulated, and some are frauds, but it's funny you can own 1M shares of something for a few thousand bucks. Well, except on Schwab, because they have a 999,999 share limit ;)

UWone77
10 February 2021, 19:16
I’ve been playing around with Stash app for a month, and just signed up for a Charles Schwab acct.

Pretty green..only threw 50 bux in the stash app to start.. up like 10 bux.lol

It’s limited as in what companies you can buy in.. buy can buy any % of one stock.

Idk much really..lol.. I don’t have much to put in at the moment.

I sent you an invite on FB to a group where we talk about this stuff.

mustangfreek
11 February 2021, 19:18
Good info fellas

Been following and reading up since this thread started..just shrugged it off as I don’t have big stacks to put in/ play with

I’m good with numbers and learning more then I know what to do with. You guys are about the closest I know into sticks and such..

Thanks for the link..[:D]

Stone
24 February 2021, 08:15
TCFF-TRILLION ENERGY-DYODD

https://www.miningstockeducation.com/2021/02/trillion-energy-is-deeply-undervalued-and-poised-for-rerating-with-ceo-art-halleran/

UWone77
24 February 2021, 10:02
TCFF-TRILLION ENERGY-DYODD

https://www.miningstockeducation.com/2021/02/trillion-energy-is-deeply-undervalued-and-poised-for-rerating-with-ceo-art-halleran/

Article makes sense... but what are your thoughts Stone?

UWone77
24 February 2021, 11:31
I guess it doesn't matter... I just threw in for 25k shares. Let's ride and die on this Stone!

Stone
24 February 2021, 11:53
"Article makes sense... but what are your thoughts Stone?"

The CEO has previously built successful energy company's.
Undervalued-(compared to other similarly valued company's) though their numbers aren't posted on their site yet.
Low market cap on shares- currently 15m.
TCF has cash-flowing oil asset on shore
Expecting cash flow approx. Aug 2021
Expected FCF (free cash flow) in 2022 is $1.2-$1.8M per month
Intrinsic value about $1.25 per share
Cash flow positive(cant remember where I saw it)
They also have licenses and interests on other projects, which should translate into future earnings or collateral if financing is needed.

Had to jump on it quick this morning, once the word gets out there is usually a 15%-20% pop then a slight pull back.

Stone
24 February 2021, 11:59
I guess it doesn't matter... I just threw in for 25k shares. Let's ride and die on this Stone!

I grabbed 8K shares only (played it a little safe) If their financials were on their website and I could have analyzed them this morning I would have grabbed more (at least 20K) I believe the website is recently up and running. I think they will do real good... He said they have more than half of the 20m needed and have the rest available when the time comes.
I will keep an eye on it and possibly add on a dip.

Aragorn
24 February 2021, 12:31
Hope it pans out. Just bought a touch north of 26.5k shares. Prob gonna grab another 2/3 of that again.

UWone77
24 February 2021, 12:45
Hope it pans out. Just bought a touch north of 26.5k shares. Prob gonna grab another 2/3 of that again.

LOL.... Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Stone
24 February 2021, 15:18
Whaaaaa!!!! Maybe reddit will get a hold of this and it will skyrocket!!

Aragorn
24 February 2021, 15:22
Waaaaiiiit I need to get funded first so I can buy that last 2/3! Don’t tell those guys yet! It’s their own fault they’re not on WEVO! [:D]

UWone77
1 March 2021, 08:48
TCFF up 49% today.

Thanks for the hot tip Stone. What do you think is the target price on this? Not much coverage as you can imagine. Ended up with just under 40k shares.

Aragorn
1 March 2021, 09:14
Just under 40k shares here also. Bought the last of them today at .14

Up from my originals I bought at .11

Made the mistake of bidding today’s at .11 also and it ended up with me having about 4K shares less than I was trying for. Still, already up nicely.

Stone
1 March 2021, 13:53
Just got home and saw TCFF had a nice little pop today!

"Thanks for the hot tip Stone. What do you think is the target price on this?"

I really have no idea, got layed off today so I am going to be trading more. I will look around tomorrow and see if I can get some kind of target range on TCFF.

Stone
1 March 2021, 14:00
Just looked at the 20 year chart and they had a high of $40 back in 2008 just before the SM crash. I imagine they spent the last 10 years cutting back and re-structuring the company( New Name Now also). I kind of doubt they will hit the $40 mark again but you never know... The guy running it has a track record of building 500 million dollar energy company's and that is a big key to success, good management. Since they are expecting cash flow by approx. Aug 2021 money will be coming in behind us to push the stock higher I believe. If it keeps going up I'm gonna grab more, You guys are making me look bad with my pitiful 8K shares. :P

Stone
1 March 2021, 15:30
Comparing their stock to 2 other comparable stocks: NGX- $2.67 Touchstone energy- $1.08 TCFF has a current intrinsic value of $1.25 per share and is currently trading at .16 per share. Yeah, they are way under valued. I'm picking up a chunk in the morning...

UWone77
1 March 2021, 15:34
Comparing their stock to 2 other comparable stocks: NGX- $2.67 Touchstone energy- $1.08 TCFF has a current intrinsic value of $1.25 per share and is currently trading at .16 per share. Yeah, they are way under valued. I'm picking up a chunk in the morning...

If it goes back to $40, I won't complain about my extra 1.6M though [:D]

UWone77
2 March 2021, 07:46
Up another 11% today.

Stone
2 March 2021, 12:26
A slow steady rise is good along with some gentle corrections along the way... Started a thread on the Kitco forum about Trillium Energy to spread the word. Also picked up another 22K shares this morning at the open.

https://gold-forum.kitco.com/showthread.php?153956-Trillion-Energy-is-Deeply-Undervalued

Would love to see the reddit guys get a hold of this...

Jerry R
2 March 2021, 13:30
Just recently opened a brokerage account. Not a lot of cash to open it. Shuffled a few things around and worked six different "limit" buys on this. Holding 10K. Thanks for the tip.

UWone77
2 March 2021, 13:56
Tried to get another 20k at the end of the day at .19, but it would not budge off of .20.... maybe tomorrow!

Aragorn
2 March 2021, 14:21
I’m *just* under 50k as of this morning. Think I’m gonna stop there.

Stone
2 March 2021, 15:43
Tried to get another 20k at the end of the day at .19, but it would not budge off of .20.... maybe tomorrow!

Thats the way you do it, let it come to you. Its starting to build support and resistance points.

Here's one to watch: GROY Its a gold royalty company which is going to IPO tomorrow morning or soon thereafter.

https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/groy/company/

Its a spin off from Gold Mining Inc. Top right hand corner: https://www.goldmining.com/investors/stock_info/

For those who don't know, gold royalty company's own a royalty in multiple mining company's. These are usually a long term play as they are slower risers but a safer way to get into the mining sector.

Heres a few other GRC's that I like. I am keeping only a handful of positions in the market right now as I feel a serious correction will be coming sometime this year.
I have all of these on a "crash buy list". Invest with caution and as always DYODD

EMX
ELYGF
SROYF
NSRXF

Stone
2 March 2021, 16:09
Just recently opened a brokerage account. Not a lot of cash to open it. Shuffled a few things around and worked six different "limit" buys on this. Holding 10K at a 0.157881 basis. Thanks for the tip.

Nice! Thats right where I ended up at: .152632

UWone77
3 March 2021, 09:46
Got in 9k more at 18.8 cents. I think I'm done. Just reducing some cost per share on other stocks on this 3 week dip as cash allows.

mustangfreek
3 March 2021, 14:09
Damn.. I took some info from this thread and scraped up a little money (a lot to me sorta) down 76% from last week.. humm

I’m getting more and more familiar with this crap..but damn what a roller coaster..lol

I picked up a Little of that tcff, with what I can..

I like this..but Gotta have decent $$ to play with..wish I would of been around other years ago to get into this.. As I see now how some of you ball out with goodies. Me sad face as I juggle to get one build done every couple years.. :(

This thread makes me happy for you guys with deep pockets..