PDA

View Full Version : MPL SPR (Noveseke/ Magpul)

Stickman
23 April 2009, 21:41
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=r-mplspr-556&cat=82&page=1&search=&since=&status=

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Noveske/0O2P2338-A-MPL-SPR-BLK-BCKGRND-1028-Stick.jpg

LIMITED EDITION MPL SPR

Featuring the MAGPUL MPLA lower!

18" Stainless SPR Barrel, with:
----1 in 7" twist
----improved polygonal rifling
----5.56 Noveske Match Mod 0 chamber
----Beadblasted matte barrel finish
----Extended Feed Ramps
--Switchblock pinned to barrel
--Intermediate gas system
--Shot peened and MP tested bolt
--Properly staked carrier key
--Auto carrier
--H Buffer
--MAGPUL UBR buttstock
--MAGPUL MIAD grip
--PRi Gas Buster charging handle
--Geissele SSA trigger
--Ambi magazine catch
--Ambi bolt release
--Forged Vltor MUR upper receiver featuring an anti-rotation interface with the handguard
--11" free floated handguard w/ 1913 rails
--Flip-up front and rear sights
--AAC SPR/M4 flash suppressor
--Four MAGPUL P-MAG 30rd mags included, black non-window
--V-TAC padded black sling
--QD Sling Swivels
--MAGPUL XTM rail panels, 5 packages
--Eagle LE Discreet Soft Case

Army Chief
23 April 2009, 21:57
... and so it begins. :)

AC

Stickman
23 April 2009, 22:13
Begin? There are only 2 left..... and so it ends. [BD]

Army Chief
23 April 2009, 22:14
... and ends.

AC

Army Chief
23 April 2009, 22:17
When I spotted your post, there were 15 available. In the space of some 15 minutes, they were gone.

Great rifle, but a man can only bankroll so many MPL Noveskes in a year, and I've already been down this path.

AC

Stickman
23 April 2009, 22:26
They certainly moved fast. The Noveske/ Magpul Limited Edition weapons seem to be selling quicker and quicker.

SKULL
23 April 2009, 22:31
missed it... someday baby...

SKULL
23 April 2009, 22:33
They certainly moved fast. The Noveske/ Magpul Limited Edition weapons seem to be selling quicker and quicker.

stick.. is there anyway to know when these things are available?like a time frame so that i will pull an all nighter to get these rare AR's.. [BD] [:D]

Army Chief
23 April 2009, 22:34
I think it is that people know to be on the watch for them now, and have probably been making room on their credit cards "just in case. " Some will surely be speculative buyers, but hopefully they are in the minority. Was this a full run of 50 units?

I was admittedly tempted myself, but I'm already in the process of having a very similar rifle built in Grant's Pass, and my next project is an SBR.

AC

Stickman
23 April 2009, 22:36
Was this a full run of 50 units?

AC

Smaller run of 25 on this one.

Stickman
23 April 2009, 22:57
stick.. is there anyway to know when these things are available?like a time frame so that i will pull an all nighter to get these rare AR's.. [BD] [:D]

The deal with these is that there are no lists, and no prerelease info given. When they are ready, they are ready, and then they are gone (in under an hour evidently).

The idea is that this keeps it fair for everyone.

adrenaline151
24 April 2009, 05:37
Just under 85 grand worth of rifles gone in under an hour... That oughta stimulate the economy.

Bighead
24 April 2009, 06:26
Nice rifle.

I wonder how long it will be until we see one for sale on Gun Broker.

EDIT: Not long... Gun Broker: Noveske MPL Brand new limited edition (http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=127713267)

Stickman
24 April 2009, 09:49
Nice rifle.

I wonder how long it will be until we see one for sale on Gun Broker.

EDIT: Not long... Gun Broker: Noveske MPL Brand new limited edition (http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=127713267)

The only one outside of Noveske Rifleworks is sitting right next to me, so someone wanted to get an early jump on the crowd, and its obviously not me.

Paulinski
24 April 2009, 16:29
Does anybody have a time frame when Noveske will begin to accept orders for stainless barrels?

Nice SPR. I mean MPL

SKULL
24 April 2009, 18:43
The deal with these is that there are no lists, and no prerelease info given. When they are ready, they are ready, and then they are gone (in under an hour evidently).

The idea is that this keeps it fair for everyone.

i hear ya... [adore]

i wish that someday someone will give me a headups a day before they will be release to the public...[wow][:D]

someday...[BD]

Stickman
24 April 2009, 21:10
i wish that someday someone will give me a headups a day before they will be release to the public...[wow][:D]

Three options, Magpul, Noveske Rifleworks, and the other guy. I don't think any of them are talking.

SKULL
24 April 2009, 21:25
Three options, Magpul, Noveske Rifleworks, and the other guy. I don't think any of them are talking.

darn it.. you just shattered my dreams stick..[BD]

makes me wonder who is the other guy? [adore]

adrenaline151
25 April 2009, 03:54
Since Stick had one in hand when they were released...

Paulo_Santos
25 April 2009, 08:19
I think that thing would be even better with the Vltor VIS upper. Is that an option?

Stickman
25 April 2009, 09:41
There were no options, it came as a complete package with no substitutions. Obviously replacement parts would increase the cost, but I agree that a VIS would make for a great looking variant.

adrenaline151
25 April 2009, 16:13
Now there are two of them on gunrobber. Anyway, how about one with a PRI Free Float Tube(and gasbuster), a Magpul PRS, an Ops. Inc brake, basically a Mk 12 mod 0 style. When I think of it, I get that same feeling Chris Mathews said he did when he hears Obama speak.

Ryo
25 April 2009, 20:33
Very sad guy right now.. that had the switchblock and MPLA that I love. Probably sells out fast mainly due to others planning to sell at inflated prices. :(

Thing that gets me is that I had the warning setup.. but I was on a 20 hour flight (2 legs) during the whole thing.

Ryo
25 April 2009, 20:37
Oh.. BTW how much was this one sold for by Noveske?

25 April 2009, 22:21
Oh.. BTW how much was this one sold for by Noveske?
$3395.

Ryo
25 April 2009, 23:05
This has been a bad week.. Missed out buying Noveske lower profile Reeces and now the Noveske MPL SPR. Hope someone seperates them and sells the upper alone.. I have the lower, just want the switchblock.

Thanks for the price.

Bighead
26 April 2009, 05:34
I need to start watching the Noveske site better. I really liked the possibilities this latest rifle offered.

Stickman
26 April 2009, 09:10
I need to start watching the Noveske site better. I really liked the possibilities this latest rifle offered.

It was posted here at the same time it was posted on the Noveske site, WEVO was the first firearm board to give the information. It was that way for all of the MPL Limited Edition weapons, and will be for the rest. If you get tired of hitting refresh on Johns board (noveskerifleworks.com), spend some quality time here, and we'll try to make sure you are taken care of.

Stickman
26 April 2009, 09:11
This has been a bad week.. Missed out buying Noveske lower profile Reeces and now the Noveske MPL SPR. Hope someone seperates them and sells the upper alone.. I have the lower, just want the switchblock.

Thanks for the price.

You can recreate whatever you want, Noveske will build the same upper for you. The hardest part is the lower, and you already possess that. [:)]

TehLlama
26 April 2009, 15:45
Wow... this makes me extremely happy about my one-off version of this setup I've had since last year, although it doesn't look quite as gucci-awesome (didn't cost as much either)

That's a great lower, I've got three set up like it, and anybody looking for that upper setup is probably still trying to mop up the puddles of drool.

Stick, is there a possiblity of setting up a thread for 'Noveske New/Limited edition releases' in the Read-Only section, that users can subscribe to (via email, etc.) and then staff can post of any new developments there as items are released?

Bighead
27 April 2009, 05:27
You can recreate whatever you want, Noveske will build the same upper for you. The hardest part is the lower, and you already possess that. [:)]

Hmm...good point.

Stickman
27 April 2009, 10:12
Wow... this makes me extremely happy about my one-off version of this setup I've had since last year, although it doesn't look quite as gucci-awesome (didn't cost as much either)

That's a great lower, I've got three set up like it, and anybody looking for that upper setup is probably still trying to mop up the puddles of drool.

Stick, is there a possiblity of setting up a thread for 'Noveske New/Limited edition releases' in the Read-Only section, that users can subscribe to (via email, etc.) and then staff can post of any new developments there as items are released?

We need to setup a RSS feed or something similar.

Ryo
27 April 2009, 10:40
True that Noveske will make what you want.. but that's when they are taking orders. I don't forsee that changing any time soon due to the demand going on right now.

I'm so happy to have at least one MPLA, which I am in debt to Stickman telling me read his post in the forum (I had asked him about the next Noveske Magpul sale of the MOE on the exact day when it was released.. it was meant to be).

Any case I have only seen one switchblock for sale over the last few months was on GB. I was waiting for the Noveske Magpul sale for the last couple of months.. Would have caught it if I was not on a plane over the Atlantic Ocean since I monitor a lot of sights for Noveske stuff. I probably wouldn't have cared so much if it didn't have the switchblock.

Sidney

Stickman
30 April 2009, 13:14
Here is another picture that I don't think I posted.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20III/IMG_8706%201028%20WEVO%20Stick.jpg

Ryo
30 April 2009, 13:22
Definitely a very nice package..

adrenaline151
30 April 2009, 16:20
Stick, what was the total barrel length on that including the flash suppressor/mount?

Stickman
30 April 2009, 18:47
18" barrel, and the FS recesses over the barrel, so it only adds another 1.5" or so.