PDA

View Full Version : Mag pouches with velcro backing?

Former11B
9 July 2019, 21:29
I might be posting this in the wrong place but I’m setting up a Grey Ghost SBR bag and I’ve got a couple Velcro straps to hold mags in place but I wanted a couple extra or maybe a different style.

They would need the hook backing to attach to the soft “loop” panel (see below). I’m not sure where to look for that type of thing. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/3t5ZD4G.jpg

Stone
10 July 2019, 08:56
Blue force gear has the Dapper pouches which is exactly what your looking for: https://www.blueforcegear.com/gear/dapper-organization

They are nice for storage situations since they lay flat when not in use. I have a few in a safe that have been holding three mags upside down for several years...
Good retention for a non quick application...

BoilerUp
10 July 2019, 21:31
Well, I learned something new. Thanks 11B for asking and Stone for answering as I wasn't aware of the BFG product and those seem pretty useful.

Former11B
11 July 2019, 14:36
Stone, that’s exactly what I want. Ill have to check back for the single M4 dapper pouches. In the mean time, I found a Condor brand triple mag “kangaroo” pouch that fits in a plate carrier’s map/admin space for $9 shipped. I figure if it either a) doesn’t fit or b) I replace it with the BFG dapper pouches, I can toss it in my plate carrier and no real loss.

Thanks!!

Edit: I’m mildly stupid. Have to select the only color they offer for them to show in stock....whoops. Either way, bookmarked and I’ll still buy a couple of these. Possibly even a pistol mag pouch or two. I have some that work now but they’re the loop style....I like how the dapper pouches cover and protect more of the mag and ammo, especially when bouncing around in a back pack

SINNER
11 July 2019, 17:09
I just used a Velcro backed MOLLE panel. Then a few Tactical Tailor double mag pouches in mine. Too thick loaded with 2 mags so one day I’ll grab some GGG or similar singles. Still had room on the panel for a fixed blade knife sheath.

Former11B
17 July 2019, 11:37
The Condor admin pouch works. The velcro is just enough retention for three loaded mags so I’ll probably attach an extra section of hook velcro for peace of mind