PDA

View Full Version : Considering an RDS for my Glock 19. Questions inside

Former11B
6 August 2019, 13:11
I’m about to summon Alamo’s long post skills here so bear with me [BD]

I’ve been debating getting a reflex sight for my Glock 19 (Gen 3). Primarily for range and suppressed shooting but would also be my daily carry.

I would need to have the slide milled or buy a new slide.

For the milling, online I’ve seen places like Battlewerks offering this service ($75 for the cut, $60 for either nitriding or cerakote, another $35 for a cover, etc). If there’s a better option thats reasonably priced for the service, I’m all for

OR

Brownells has a RMR slide for a Gen 3 G19 for $169.99 and $79.99 for the parts kit to build it out (~$250 total. But that pigeon holes me into an RMR which leads me to the next two questions:

With the adjustable LED RMR, which would be ideal, the 3.25 MOA or the 6.5 MOA dot?

I see there is a non adjustable RMR but I wonder if the self adjustment feature would leave me wanting. Also, the dual illum. RMR seems better suited on rifle mainly due to reticle choice but I may be wrong...I’d consider it with the 7 MOA dot if so.

Is there an alternative around the same $400 price point that’s worth considering?

Leupold Delta Point Pro 2.5 MOA or 7 MOA
Sig Romeo1 Reflex 3 MOA

The following are somewhat cheaper so I’m curious if they’re in the same league and even worth considering:
Vortex Venom or Viper (3 MOA or 6 MOA), both around $200 on Amazon
Burris FF3 3 MOA or 8 MOA (Currently $230 at Optics Planet, normally about $290 so I worry about durability etc)
Others I’ve left out?

The SRO and the ACRO are both more than I was wanting to pay

Thanks a bunch and I hope to learn from yalls experience since this is one thing I haven’t really done yet gun related

alamo5000
6 August 2019, 13:31
You'll never match the King. LOL

alamo5000
6 August 2019, 13:38
On the actual topic though watch some of the videos from Tactical Toolbox. He goes through and shows the pros and cons of the various types of plates and mounting systems and all that. It's worth watching if for no other reason to see them side by side.

UWone77
6 August 2019, 14:33
RMR 07 6.5 MOA Dot Hands down. Think about pistol engagement distances. 95% 10 yards and in. The bigger dot is also easier to pick up. We zero our department guns at 10 yards, and consistently get hits up to 140 yards with that zero on our pistol RMR's

I wouldn't get something milled out. Just get a Glock 19 MOS. If you insist on a mill out, I'd get a complete slide.

I'd also consider a Holosun 507C. Same screw pattern as the RMR's and take a look at Sage Dynamics' review. 10k rounds with it, broken glass, still holding zero.

Former11B
6 August 2019, 14:53
RMR 07 6.5 MOA Dot Hands down. Think about pistol engagement distances. 95% 10 yards and in. The bigger dot is also easier to pick up. We zero our department guns at 10 yards, and consistently get hits up to 140 yards with that zero on our pistol RMR's

I wouldn't get something milled out. Just get a Glock 19 MOS. If you insist on a mill out, I'd get a complete slide.

I'd also consider a Holosun 507C. Same screw pattern as the RMR's and take a look at Sage Dynamics' review. 10k rounds with it, broken glass, still holding zero.

The 507C uses the same mounting footprint as an RMR, so the G19 RMR cut slides are a direct match, correct? That’s a solid option....

Thanks!

UWone77
6 August 2019, 15:59
Correct, I have 4 myself installed on RMR footprint slides.

Sage Dynamics video:

https://youtu.be/JuOyq90oa-Q

UWone77
6 August 2019, 16:02

VIPER 237
6 August 2019, 17:14
Stay away from the Romeo’s, they’re trash in comparison to the RMr or holosun

BoilerUp
6 August 2019, 18:22
Seems like a good excuse to pick up a Gen5 MOS.

Former11B
6 August 2019, 20:20
Seems like a good excuse to pick up a Gen5 MOS.

Yeah I’m leaning towards this option.

mustangfreek
7 August 2019, 02:31
At first I’d say just build out a p80 and grab a brownells slide..but you said you wanted to carry with it..whole other story

I just don’t like the goofy look the mos have with the mounting plate...but that’s getting picky...but again my p80 project with brownells rmr slide, Glock guts on sale, AA barrel on clearance and overwatch trigger, ameriglo sights is well under a new Glock..

Or.. grab a cheap Glock frame and a nicer slide, barrel, trigger and get Gucci with it...options..lol

gatordev
7 August 2019, 06:40
Something else to be aware of with a miniature RDS is how the emitter and glass can interface with each other and the ambient light. I've found with early to mid-morning sun, it's very easy to find the right angle where the sunlight comes back through the glass and reflects off the emitter. The result is you get multiple, smaller red dots that make it harder to find the actual, true red dot. Some RDS suffer much more than this than others. I've found the RMR to be very good at preventing this. Delta Points and Docters are terrible. I don't have any experience with the Holosun.

Is this a rare issue that won't affect most people? Quite possibly. I can say it's a huge issue at the range I shoot at, just because of how it's laid out and where the sun is. How much it's an issue for you for carrying...I don't know.

PJD642
7 August 2019, 11:18
My two cents: I just returned a Brownell's G17 slide with RMR cut. My reason for doing so is that it consistently cut the web of my hand just behind my thumb when firing. None of my stock Glock slides, Gen 2-4, (variously a 19, 17, 34, 21, 36, 43 & 48) have ever done this. The Brownell's slide appears to have sharper lower rear corners than Glock brand slides. The Brownell's slide also does not have the two front support posts that most of the milled slides incorporate. Just an FYI.

I ended up sending my G34 slide to Jagerwerks (http://jagerwerks.com/) to have the slide milled for an RMR/SRO cut and black nitride refinishing. They're also bobbing the nose. It's been about 4 weeks now, so I should have it back in another 2 weeks or so. I'll post pics once it arrives. An optic-specific milled slide will generally seat the optic lower than an optic-ready slide from Glock or whomever with the various mounting plates, since the optic-specific slides doesn't have the layer of mounting plate between the slide and the optic body. Granted, it's not a LOT of height difference, but if you're trying for concealment and not open carrying on a duty belt it might be a concern. Plus the fewer parts, the better IMHO.

As far as optics, consider the Holosun 407C - same as the 507C, but you just have the single red dot, not a circle dot / dot only / circle only sighting options and costs $80-$100 less, plus RMR/SRO footprint if you decide to upgrade later.

voodoo_man
7 August 2019, 11:25
It has been my experience that nothing in the RMR type world works as well as the ACRO. The issue is always, and has always been, being able to find the dot on the draw, I wrote an article on this issue and it's still hasn't been overcome by anything other than the ACRO (from my personal experience).

I would HIGHLY recommend not carrying with an RMR type optic.

UWone77
7 August 2019, 11:38
The issue is always, and has always been, being able to find the dot on the draw

This right here.

What you make up with accuracy, you lose with speed. Picking up the dot will be an issue. I also found a lot of people initially look for that front sight instead of the dot when they first start shooting with an RMR.

I still carry a stock, unmodified (except sights) G43 or G19 off-duty.

MoxyDave
7 August 2019, 12:18
I built a P80 a while ago with the Brownells slide and an RM07 Type 2 w/6.5MOA and Silencerco threaded 9mm barrel. Turned out great, no issues at all. I haven't shot it a ton but I agree with the points made so far. It takes a LOT of training to find the dot quickly. I might try a different RDS but the RMR is the benchmark.

voodoo_man
7 August 2019, 12:57
This right here.

What you make up with accuracy, you lose with speed. Picking up the dot will be an issue. I also found a lot of people initially look for that front sight instead of the dot when they first start shooting with an RMR.

http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/06/optic-mounted-pistols-and-concepts-in.html

Original article I wrote and I did another update article about the ACRO which I can pick the dot up on the draw every time.

http://www.vdmsr.com/2019/04/the-pistol-optic-battle.html

Waiting on an SRO before I do any real comparisons and viability for carry.

Former11B
7 August 2019, 14:55
This right here.

Since I have multiple Glocks, I don’t plan on carrying it as my daily carry til I’m extremely comfortable with it.

This isn’t something I’ll have up and running next week, but laying the groundwork for whatever I ultimately decide. I want to give it some time and make sure I’m making the right choices, from host to optic

voodoo_man
8 August 2019, 01:42
Since I have multiple Glocks, I don’t plan on carrying it as my daily carry til I’m extremely comfortable with it.

This isn’t something I’ll have up and running next week, but laying the groundwork for whatever I ultimately decide. I want to give it some time and make sure I’m making the right choices, from host to optic

Start with the ACRO and dump the idea of an rmr type optic for reality based application.

Former11B
8 August 2019, 08:56
Start with the ACRO and dump the idea of an rmr type optic for reality based application.

I definitely like a few features of the ACRO better, like the enclosed emitter (not becoming obscured by rain/snow/mud etc), battery location, and the concept of acquiring the dot being similar to that of iron sights so a complete retraining of draw and acquisition isn’t necessary. Not to say that I won’t devote tons of time and ammo to practice with the ACRO if I go that route but you get what I’m saying. I don’t want to retrain my draw and aim for one host when the majority of my handguns remain optic-free.

I appreciate the wisdom/experience you were kind enough to share. I wonder if the RMR still leads the pack due to cost and time on the market? The $150 difference, while not too significant, is enough to give pause to someone who’s trying to even make their budget work with an RMR or similar optic.

The flip side of the thought process for me at this stage is this. With all the other pedigree’d pros out there who continue to use an RMR, part of me wonders how inferior can it be if those “in the know” continue to use it? I’m not downplaying your experience with the ACRO, not at all, just simply trying to make the best decision I can.

And I know the argument of function over fashion is one I try to adhere to as much as possible but the RMR is more visually appealing than the additional 1oz of the ACRO’s design. The size DOES matter as I do plan on carrying this pistol. If carrying it with either optic proves impractical then the other G19s or 43s I’ve got can easily revert to my go-to.

I appreciate the discussion/learning in this thread

UWone77
8 August 2019, 08:58
Personally, I'd start with the Holosun. The 507C has an Eotech like reticle, so it's waaaaaaaaay faster to pick up the dot. Plus it's cheap enough to get your toes wet into the MRDS arena to see if that's even something you want to entertain.

voodoo_man
8 August 2019, 13:44
I definitely like a few features of the ACRO better, like the enclosed emitter (not becoming obscured by rain/snow/mud etc), battery location, and the concept of acquiring the dot being similar to that of iron sights so a complete retraining of draw and acquisition isn’t necessary. Not to say that I won’t devote tons of time and ammo to practice with the ACRO if I go that route but you get what I’m saying. I don’t want to retrain my draw and aim for one host when the majority of my handguns remain optic-free.

I appreciate the wisdom/experience you were kind enough to share. I wonder if the RMR still leads the pack due to cost and time on the market? The $150 difference, while not too significant, is enough to give pause to someone who’s trying to even make their budget work with an RMR or similar optic.

The flip side of the thought process for me at this stage is this. With all the other pedigree’d pros out there who continue to use an RMR, part of me wonders how inferior can it be if those “in the know” continue to use it? I’m not downplaying your experience with the ACRO, not at all, just simply trying to make the best decision I can.

And I know the argument of function over fashion is one I try to adhere to as much as possible but the RMR is more visually appealing than the additional 1oz of the ACRO’s design. The size DOES matter as I do plan on carrying this pistol. If carrying it with either optic proves impractical then the other G19s or 43s I’ve got can easily revert to my go-to.

I appreciate the discussion/learning in this thread

Re; pros who use RMR's

The majority of them don't have real world experience, gaming isn't real world experience, shooting is not shooting, and they have a completely illogical approach to applying an RDS on a pistol, and it's been proven repeatedly by numerous top teams who don't and won't use an RMR, yet they have already adopted the acro in some small applications. The fact that the field is moving away from RMRs and to acro type optics should be a huge lightbulb.

This is one of those rare situations where the field of "pros" is wrong and in 5 years it'll be very clear.

Former11B
8 August 2019, 17:38
Re; pros who use RMR's

The majority of them don't have real world experience, gaming isn't real world experience, shooting is not shooting, and they have a completely illogical approach to applying an RDS on a pistol, and it's been proven repeatedly by numerous top teams who don't and won't use an RMR, yet they have already adopted the acro in some small applications. The fact that the field is moving away from RMRs and to acro type optics should be a huge lightbulb.

This is one of those rare situations where the field of "pros" is wrong and in 5 years it'll be very clear.

I do appreciate your input but you are making some incorrect assumptions. Given my background, I don’t follow competition shooters (unless we are talking about the annual International Sniper Competition for example) and I don’t watch trainers like Taran Tactical. They sure can shred and beat a clock but that’s never been what I’m after. The guys I primarily watch and listen to all have some combat arms background whether in the Infantry, Ranger Regiment, MARSOC, etc.

The ACRO is the first solid entry into the closed emitter game (the Nano doesn’t really count and that Holosun HE509t sits up so high I can’t even begin to get on board with it). And if we are talking about whats available in 5 years from now, sure, the evolution of equipment is assured. In the decade I was an infantryman and constantly deploying to the Middle East, just looking at what was “tip of the spear” when I was a boot to what had evolved by the time I got out...I’m sure it’s an equal comparison to the MRDS market between now and a decade from now. But I do not agree with the fact that simply because the ACRO has arrived on the scene that everything else has immediately become obsolete and nothing else warrants consideration

voodoo_man
9 August 2019, 04:17
I do appreciate your input but you are making some incorrect assumptions. Given my background, I don’t follow competition shooters (unless we are talking about the annual International Sniper Competition for example) and I don’t watch trainers like Taran Tactical. They sure can shred and beat a clock but that’s never been what I’m after. The guys I primarily watch and listen to all have some combat arms background whether in the Infantry, Ranger Regiment, MARSOC, etc.

The ACRO is the first solid entry into the closed emitter game (the Nano doesn’t really count and that Holosun HE509t sits up so high I can’t even begin to get on board with it). And if we are talking about whats available in 5 years from now, sure, the evolution of equipment is assured. In the decade I was an infantryman and constantly deploying to the Middle East, just looking at what was “tip of the spear” when I was a boot to what had evolved by the time I got out...I’m sure it’s an equal comparison to the MRDS market between now and a decade from now. But I do not agree with the fact that simply because the ACRO has arrived on the scene that everything else has immediately become obsolete and nothing else warrants consideration

I wasn't referring to you specifically in my statements I was speaking generally.

As far as everything being obsolete since the acro showed up. Yes that's exactly what is going to happen. You don't have to believe me, it's going to organically happen as it always has in this industry. There is a specific reason why development continues to find new housing and shapes and it's because of very clear limitations. Will people still use RMR's? Of course, for the same reason people drive old cars instead of buying new ones, it's cheap and delivers sorta kinda the same performance.

Given what the acro can do, which the rmr and company can't, this isn't even something that's worth debating honestly it's so obvious.

gatordev
9 August 2019, 10:25
Given what the acro can do, which the rmr and company can't, this isn't even something that's worth debating honestly it's so obvious.

I haven't had time to do some Googling lately, so I'll ask here:

- How's the battery life been for you with the ACRO? There was internet noise about poor battery life.

- Where is the ACRO's dot, height-wise? By that, I mean is it in between a RMR and T-1 as far as where the dot sits above the slide?

voodoo_man
9 August 2019, 12:14
I haven't had time to do some Googling lately, so I'll ask here:

- How's the battery life been for you with the ACRO? There was internet noise about poor battery life.

- Where is the ACRO's dot, height-wise? By that, I mean is it in between a RMR and T-1 as far as where the dot sits above the slide?

I run mine on 7 setting, zero issues working on 2 months now on constant on. Guys were running it at 10 and wanted 6 months run time, that's not how that works. Even on the T1/T2 it doesn't work that way.

The height is exactly the right level to pick up on the draw stroke. I could do it naturally without any changes in my training. Basically the same way we have all done it, draw to catch the front sight post, except the dot is there with the acro. You'd have to change the way you draw with the rmr/etc in order to do this.

gatordev
9 August 2019, 16:12
You'd have to change the way you draw with the rmr/etc in order to do this.

I might not. That's why I was curious how the height compares. It looks like it might be in between a T1 and a RMR, but wasn't sure. I've definitely see the slow down going back and forth between those two and understand what you're saying.

voodoo_man
10 August 2019, 05:15
I might not. That's why I was curious how the height compares. It looks like it might be in between a T1 and a RMR, but wasn't sure. I've definitely see the slow down going back and forth between those two and understand what you're saying.

I don't know a single person who has ever picked up an RMR'd gun and was able to instinctively, without any modification in training, been able to pick up dot on draw as fast as they can with standard iron sights. I outlined the reasons behind it in my articles I posted above.

With the ACRO it's night and day, I pick it up and just looking for the front sight post the dot appears exactly the same place every single time, it's almost like they listened to the customers and did exactly what was needed to be done in order for the RDS to work naturally along with every single persons previous experience with a pistol. This development, in and of itself, makes the RMR type optics which are not able to meet this basic requirement immediately old tech and obsolete. I don't care what any "top instructors" or IG celebs have to say about this, their use is not reflective of real world application and the ACRO shows it immediately upon use.

gatordev
10 August 2019, 10:42
I don't know a single person who has ever picked up an RMR'd gun and was able to instinctively, without any modification in training, been able to pick up dot on draw as fast as they can with standard iron sights. I outlined the reasons behind it in my articles I posted above.

With the ACRO it's night and day, I pick it up and just looking for the front sight post the dot appears exactly the same place every single time, it's almost like they listened to the customers and did exactly what was needed to be done in order for the RDS to work naturally along with every single persons previous experience with a pistol. This development, in and of itself, makes the RMR type optics which are not able to meet this basic requirement immediately old tech and obsolete. I don't care what any "top instructors" or IG celebs have to say about this, their use is not reflective of real world application and the ACRO shows it immediately upon use.

I think we're just talking past one another at this point. All I'm asking is do you know the dot height of the ACRO (from the top of the slide). I'm not arguing presentation or sighting training of the RMR or what other people say about any other optic.

voodoo_man
11 August 2019, 05:30
I think we're just talking past one another at this point. All I'm asking is do you know the dot height of the ACRO (from the top of the slide). I'm not arguing presentation or sighting training of the RMR or what other people say about any other optic.

Right...

The answer entirely depends on what kind of slide you use.

gatordev
11 August 2019, 07:24
Oh FFS.

Let's say one were, hypothetically, to have a Glock with an ACRo and they, hypothetically, had a particular slide. Would it be possible, hypothetically, to measure such setup and then, hypothetically state what configuration they used to measure such a setup and then share what that measurement was?

Or do I need to drive more web traffic to your site to get such an answer (which I haven't been able to find in your linked articles).

Joelski
11 August 2019, 07:32
Here ya go. Not an exact measurement, but it's a clue.

The ACRO’s emitter enclosure is about half the height of competing open-topped RDS sights, so the ACRO P-1’s dot is already closer to the bore than competing sights. Combine this lowered emitter platform with Aimpoint’s new, integrated mounting system and a slide melt installation, and the tops of regular height pistol sights are visible through the P-1 window. That’s low. And that translates into speed when standard sights can be used to find the dot and line up a sight picture.

Source is Recoil Magazine.

UWone77
11 August 2019, 08:32
Or do I need to drive more web traffic to your site to get such an answer (which I haven't been able to find in your linked articles).

Hahahahahahaha

voodoo_man
11 August 2019, 08:33
Oh FFS.

Let's say one were, hypothetically, to have a Glock with an ACRo and they, hypothetically, had a particular slide. Would it be possible, hypothetically, to measure such setup and then, hypothetically state what configuration they used to measure such a setup and then share what that measurement was?

Well that's just uncalled for.

gatordev
11 August 2019, 13:06
Here ya go. Not an exact measurement, but it's a clue.

Source is Recoil Magazine.

Interesting. I've looked through one before and we put it up next to my T1 and it seemed like it was higher than a RMR but obviously lower than the very high T1, but there was no real science to the comparison. I'll have to see if I can remember to bring a ruler the next time I shoot with the guy who has one, just for comparison's sake. For what it's worth, the T1 on an OEM slide w/ a Balor is ~13/16" (~2cm).

mustangfreek
12 August 2019, 23:52
Hehe..

Right...

The answer entirely depends on what kind of slide you use.

I’m not following this, as every slide is cut damn near the same all across the board...

Huh...anyways someone post up this info as I’m now curious myself.

One thing is the acro looks like a big damn box on their compared to a rmr..lol

tact
14 August 2019, 14:45
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190814/dd250f9e9a314a37fe0a57a685dda3e3.jpg

tact
14 August 2019, 14:55
Irons are obviously more forgiving and allow for sloppy presentations. So when people complain the RMR requires one to “change their presentation” I guess I would agree but I would argue that it forces one to clean it up. The “RMR killer” ACRO has a pretty disappointing battery life considering how long it took to produce and the lineage behind it.

Default.mp3
15 August 2019, 19:01
The “RMR killer” ACRO has a pretty disappointing battery life considering how long it took to produce and the lineage behind it.I don't understand why people were so surprised about the ACRO battery life. Look at the battery spec sheets, and it was very obvious that it was going to have a fairly short battery life. A 2032 has almost 5 times the capacity as a 2025.

voodoo_man
16 August 2019, 06:08
I don't understand why people were so surprised about the ACRO battery life. Look at the battery spec sheets, and it was very obvious that it was going to have a fairly short battery life. A 2032 has almost 5 times the capacity as a 2025.

Having had mine on setting 7 for 3 months now, non-stop, I don't see the issue.

PJD642
26 August 2019, 08:43
Just to stir the pot, I was linked to an ACRO review from Gabe Suarez: Suarez ACRO review (https://gabesuarez.com/the-truth-about-the-aimpoint-acro).

And the SRO is just as durable as the RMR & better than the ACRO too - SRO > ACRO (https://gabesuarez.com/my-impressions-of-the-trijicon-sro) ***just to clarify, this is sarcasm***

Funny how knowledgeable folks can come to such differing conclusions. One thing Suarez does say that surprised me is the window on the ACRO is actually smaller than the RMR (ACRO: 16mm x 16mm, RMR: 16mm x 22mm). Height is the same but width is greater on the RMR. Haven't confirmed this yet myself. Personally, I'm probably gonna get an ACRO for my work pistol once tax refund season arrives.

(edited to fix grammar, spelling, and identify sarcasm...)

tact
26 August 2019, 11:56
It’s Suarez.....why on earth would give credence to anything that sociopath says.

UWone77
26 August 2019, 12:26
The SRO isn't even on my radar.

I want a ACRO, but I'm going to wait till they work some more bugs out of them. I've seen too many DOA units posted.

gatordev
26 August 2019, 12:38
I got to play with an ACRO yesterday along side my T1. We both agreed the T1 gave a larger sight picture, but the transition between the two was much easier than going back and forth between the T1 and the RMR. There was a slight adjustment going from the T1 to the ACRO in finding the dot, but it took about 2-3 presentations and the issue went away. Likewise going back to the T1. As I mentioned before, it takes me much longer to jump back and forth between the T1 and the RMR, with the T1 being a more natural position (at least for me).

My take away was that you had a RMR-sized optic with the ACRO coupled with the ease of use of the T1 in a nice package, albeit at the small cost of sight picture and potential battery life.

I want a ACRO, but I'm going to wait till they work some more bugs out of them. I've seen too many DOA units posted.

I haven't been following it, but that's sad to hear. Hopefully whatever issues there may be get worked out.

voodoo_man
26 August 2019, 12:38
Just to stir the pot, I was linked to an ACRO review from Gabe Suarez: Suarez ACRO review (https://gabesuarez.com/the-truth-about-the-aimpoint-acro).

And the SRO is just as durable as the RMR & better than the ACRO too - SRO > ACRO (https://gabesuarez.com/my-impressions-of-the-trijicon-sro)

Funny how knowledgeable folks can come to such differing conclusions. One thing Suarez does say that surprised me is the window on the ACRO is actually smaller than the RMR (ACRO: 16mm x 16mm, RMR: 16mm x 22mm). Height is the same but width is greater on the RMR. Haven't confirmed this yet myself. Personally, I'm probably gonna get an for my work pistol ACRO once tax refund season arrives.

As usual, Saurez makes conclusions that aren't founded in reality.

True Gabe Saurez story...I was at a class in WV many years ago and Saurez was doing a pistol class there at the same time in a pit or two over. One lunch session we hear his class just dumping mags. We decided to look over and his guys were laying on the ground, 1.5y from the targets just mag dumping, easily a 100 round "drill". When it was over and they went for reload, one of the guys came over and we started chatting. I asked how many rounds the class was he said 3500. I said for 5 days? He says no for two. Asked him what kinda distanced and drills, he said 5y and in, all mag dumps.

Yep, I'm totally gana listen to Saurez on topics that concern pistols, shooting, and training.

Default.mp3
26 August 2019, 15:53
One thing Suarez does say that surprised me is the window on the ACRO is actually smaller than the RMR (ACRO: 16mm x 16mm, RMR: 16mm x 22mm). Height is the same but width is greater on the RMR. Haven't confirmed this yet myself. Personally, I'm probably gonna get an for my work pistol ACRO once tax refund season arrives. The window maybe be smaller on paper, but the RMR emitter cuts off a fair bit of the bottom of the window, and the vertical dimension is generally seen as being more important to maximize the size of when mounted on a handgun.

PJD642
26 August 2019, 21:12
As usual, Saurez makes conclusions that aren't founded in reality. (snip) Yep, I'm totally gana listen to Saurez on topics that concern pistols, shooting, and training.

He's definitely *special*. I edited my original post to try and better identify my sarcasm. Almost everything I've read from him seems to be based in some alternate universe, hence his differing opinions to yours & almost everyone else.

The window maybe be smaller on paper, but the RMR emitter cuts off a fair bit of the bottom of the window, and the vertical dimension is generally seen as being more important to maximize the size of when mounted on a handgun.

Thank you, that makes sense.