View Full Version : Glock 44 .22LR

UWone77
10 December 2019, 07:39
Looks like the new Glock Model 44 is going to be chambered in .22LR

UWone77
10 December 2019, 07:59
https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g44

AVAILABLE 1/20
GLOCK 44 - REAL GLOCK. NEW CALIBER. EXPERIENCE 22 l.r.
Once you start with perfection – you stay with perfection. The G44 is the ideal pistol to start or enhance your shooting experience. The innovative design of the hybrid steel-polymer slide chambered in our first .22 caliber round provides a lightweight and low recoil functionality for optimal control.

The G44 was thoroughly tested with a wide variety of ammunition to ensure maximum performance and redefine what small can do.

The G44 is a compact size pistol with the ability to adapt to nearly every hand size by using the different backstraps supplied with the pistol. The G44 comes standard with the GLOCK Marksman Barrel (GMB) for increased accuracy and precision.

The right equipment is essential. The G44 comes with adjustable rear sights and two load-assist magazines. Everything that a well prepared shooter needs.

DIMENSIONS

1 Length (Overall)** 185 mm | 7.28 inch
2 Slide Length 174 mm | 6.85 inch
3 Width (Overall) 32 mm | 1.26 inch
4 Slide Width 25,5 mm | 1.00 inch
5 Height incl.Mag. 128 mm | 5.04 inch
6 Line of Sight (Polymer) 153 mm | 6.02 inch
158 mm | 6.22 inch (adjustable)
Line of Sight (Steel) 152 mm | 5.98 inch
Line of Sight (GNS) 151 mm | 5.94 inch
7 Trigger Distance** 70 mm | 2.76 inch

PJD642
10 December 2019, 09:58
I'm guessing the poly slide won't easily be cut for red dot sights? I'd consider one for bullseye if I could do that.

(who am I kidding? I'll probably get one anyway...)

MoxyDave
10 December 2019, 10:11
Dangit, why are they always so late? I just bought a couple Taurus TX22s a few months ago ...

alamo5000
10 December 2019, 10:20
Dangit, why are they always so late? I just bought a couple Taurus TX22s a few months ago ...

Because they know you have another paycheck coming [BD]

UWone77
10 December 2019, 10:31
I'm guessing the poly slide won't easily be cut for red dot sights? I'd consider one for bullseye if I could do that.

(who am I kidding? I'll probably get one anyway...)

Just have BattleCock stipple out a cutout for you. [:D]

mustangfreek
10 December 2019, 14:35
Lol

Interesting...wonder where the price will be

mustangfreek
10 December 2019, 15:04
Just seen some pics on Instagram..

Why only 10rds? Says same size as Glock 19

No threaded barrel

Not optic mount ready

Humm...Glock...why still stuck in the past..

mustangfreek
10 December 2019, 15:07
Just have BattleCock stipple out a cutout for you. [:D]

Don’t think that’s gonna work....lol..had to add a pic in the other thread..

Also Read

Featuring adjustable rear sights and ghost hole loaded chamber indicator, the G44 will ship with a pair of load-assist 10-round magazines. With an MSRP of $430, the Glock G44 is set to launch on Jan. 20, 2020 and will be available in a threaded barrel option as well.

Do a threaded barrel is coming it says..

SINNER
11 December 2019, 02:11
LMAO The big announcement is another who cares.

Joelski
11 December 2019, 15:03
The Glock internal code for this gun is PGU-400, as in "Please give us another $400."

[:D]

docsherm
13 December 2019, 11:22
Just seen some pics on Instagram..

Why only 10rds? Says same size as Glock 19

No threaded barrel

Not optic mount ready

Humm...Glock...why still stuck in the past..

This needs a threaded barrel and cuts for an RMR. That would then put this way on top of my to get list.

alamo5000
13 December 2019, 12:12
This needs a threaded barrel and cuts for an RMR. That would then put this way on top of my to get list.

They will release this one. Then one in a different color scheme. Then one with a threaded barrel. Then one with an optics cut. Then one with both an optics cut and a threaded barrel.

Gotta milk that cow.

docsherm
13 December 2019, 12:32
They will release this one. Then one in a different color scheme. Then one with a threaded barrel. Then one with an optics cut. Then one with both an optics cut and a threaded barrel.

Gotta milk that cow.

The pain of waiting ............ [bash]

mustangfreek
13 December 2019, 17:08

Gotta milk that cow.

Don’t know about all that. But Glock says threaded barrels will be available separately and not sure how an optic cut will work, looking at the top of the slide..I posted a pic somewhere..or googlefu

UWone77
13 December 2019, 18:37
I think .22 pistols are fun, so I'll get one.

Joelski
14 December 2019, 12:10
As picky as a lot of .22's are with ammo, it's got some work to be as fun as my (don't laugh), Walther. It has run reasonably well on whatever I've fed it, so far. That said, this is probably one of the more compelling Glocks I've seen in the last 300 releases.

mustangfreek
14 December 2019, 16:50
Available for pre order here $359

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/245413/ua4450101/glock-44-22lr-semi-automatic-pistol

Joelski
15 December 2019, 06:55
Got the same deal right up the road from me.

https://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/245413

voodoo_man
15 December 2019, 13:24
Most have jumped the shark on pissing on the 44. If it's form factor is exactly like a 19, it'll make an excellent training gun.

10k .22 is like $400 or something for decent stuff, that's 5:1 22 to 9mm shooting. I'll take that.

Joelski
15 December 2019, 13:47
Not pissing on the 44, but how is training equitable? WIth the poly/steel slide, the weight is certain to be different. Looks like the floor plates are molded into the mag itself, so mags are gonna have trouble dropping free. It won't run all the go-fast goodies like, oh sights, and the jury is out on triggers. You can put a flashlight on it. Okay, so maybe some pee came out, but those are the observables so far. Not sure I'd leave the 19 at home yet. It looks like a decent little gun and I'll probably get one, but I think its place hits closer to a 48 than a 19 for weight and size.

Glock has so many models now, they should consider redoing the nomenclature. It's no more "normal to call a 22 a 44, than it was a .40 a 22, or a 9 a 17/18/19. Nevermind the high 20's and 30 to 40's!

Joelski
15 December 2019, 13:49
I think .22 pistols are fun, so I'll get one.

Got it yet? That pre-order is calling...

BoilerUp
15 December 2019, 20:56
Glock has so many models now, they should consider redoing the nomenclature. It's no more "normal to call a 22 a 44, than it was a .40 a 22, or a 9 a 17/18/19. Nevermind the high 20's and 30 to 40's!

Yeah, the 9mm Glock 45 tends to confuse non-Glock people

voodoo_man
16 December 2019, 07:45
Not pissing on the 44, but how is training equitable? WIth the poly/steel slide, the weight is certain to be different. Looks like the floor plates are molded into the mag itself, so mags are gonna have trouble dropping free. It won't run all the go-fast goodies like, oh sights, and the jury is out on triggers. You can put a flashlight on it. Okay, so maybe some pee came out, but those are the observables so far. Not sure I'd leave the 19 at home yet. It looks like a decent little gun and I'll probably get one, but I think its place hits closer to a 48 than a 19 for weight and size.

Other than weight, everything you posted is complete speculation.

We don't know what kind of trigger it'll have, or what kind of sights it'll take, or mag function.

What is true is that it's a 19 form factor which means it'll be compatible with all 19 related holsters/etc. And even if its not the same weight, the fact you have a 19 sized gun that you can shoot 5 rounds of .22 for everyone 1 round of 9mm (cost) that's...incredible.

If Glock did their homework and the 44 works exactly the way every other Glock works so far, a training 44 will be a cornerstone of training tools for anyone serious.

Joelski
16 December 2019, 12:59
Other than weight, everything you posted is complete speculation.

We don't know what kind of trigger it'll have, or what kind of sights it'll take, or mag function.

What is true is that it's a 19 form factor which means it'll be compatible with all 19 related holsters/etc. And even if its not the same weight, the fact you have a 19 sized gun that you can shoot 5 rounds of .22 for everyone 1 round of 9mm (cost) that's...incredible.

If Glock did their homework and the 44 works exactly the way every other Glock works so far, a training 44 will be a cornerstone of training tools for anyone serious.

Okay.

SINNER
16 December 2019, 16:53
You can almost hear the furniture being smashed at Umarex.

Stone
16 December 2019, 17:00
Yeah, the 9mm Glock 45 tends to confuse non-Glock people

For those out there who don't know, glocks model number is actually the patent number. It has absolutely nothing to do with the caliber...

UWone77
16 December 2019, 17:49
You can almost hear the furniture being smashed at Umarex.

Umarex even in business? Seems like anytime I was remotely interested in any of their .22LR, you can never find one.

MoxyDave
18 December 2019, 10:23
In-depth info on the new Glock 44:

https://youtu.be/i_4tdgMbh78

alamo5000
18 December 2019, 17:13
In-depth info on the new Glock 44:

https://youtu.be/i_4tdgMbh78

That video made this seem a lot more interesting to me. I don't own any kind of Glock but if they can get the reliability they claim... I would buy one once they get a suppressor ready version available.

SINNER
19 December 2019, 01:24
Umarex even in business? Seems like anytime I was remotely interested in any of their .22LR, you can never find one.

I think just air guns and Airsoft. I’ve never had any luck finding any of their stuff in stock. Wanted a MP5 clone for my kid but no go.

MoxyDave
19 December 2019, 14:11
That video made this seem a lot more interesting to me. I don't own any kind of Glock but if they can get the reliability they claim... I would buy one once they get a suppressor ready version available.

Totally agree. Best to wait a year or two anyhow to let things settle and give them time to fix the inevitable first-run issues. My bet is eventually they'll sell it with a threaded barrel included.

UWone77
19 December 2019, 17:01
Totally agree. Best to wait a year or two anyhow to let things settle and give them time to fix the inevitable first-run issues. My bet is eventually they'll sell it with a threaded barrel included.

That's my plan. I'm going to wait a bit, see how much the blue label price will be, I'm guessing sub $300. Also like you said, wait to see if they offer it with the threaded barrel. I'm sure in the mean time, the usual players will offer 3rd party threaded barrels and other Glock accessories for it.

BoilerUp
19 December 2019, 18:02
Totally agree. Best to wait a year or two anyhow to let things settle and give them time to fix the inevitable first-run issues.

This is a Glock thread, not a Sig thread.

MoxyDave
19 December 2019, 18:05
This is a Glock thread, not a Sig thread.

Hah yeah, it's true. However there is just no way Glock or any manu can put in the testing hours from the massive number of guns that will be sold in just a year. People will break it, one way or another ...

voodoo_man
20 December 2019, 11:07
Hah yeah, it's true. However there is just no way Glock or any manu can put in the testing hours from the massive number of guns that will be sold in just a year. People will break it, one way or another ...

Judging from Glocks previous releases, the problems which were an issue (like gen4's accuracy and brass to face ejecting) were things they knew about and didn't care. Glock wouldn't release a 19 sized .22 without it being able to function properly. As said above, they aren't Sig, these will sell quickly.

mustangfreek
27 January 2020, 22:03
Just seen on Facebook dudes Glock 44 .22 blows up polymer and destroys slide..lol....I can’t figure out how to link it. Sorry.

Anyone shooting one ?

SINNER
28 January 2020, 09:49
Can we call it a Highpoint thread now? Since Sig .22’s actually stay in one piece. HAHAHAHAHA

SINNER
29 January 2020, 00:25
https://www.google.com/amp/s/firearmrack.com/glock-44-problems-perfect-imperfections/amp/

mustangfreek
29 January 2020, 13:16
I seen both those. Just seen another one with parts loose and fubar on another forum..

Lol..the polymer slide is....Gheyyyyyyy

SINNER
29 January 2020, 14:30
Saw one with a out of battery discharge today.

Joelski
29 January 2020, 14:42
It's got shit all over it.

Of course there's more data that needs to be gathered to see what the underlying problems may be. Is it bad metallurgy with the slides? Poor selection of ammo possibly leading to over-pressure or squib loads?

What metallurgy?

Joelski
29 January 2020, 14:55
That's my plan. I'm going to wait a bit, see how much the blue label price will be, I'm guessing sub $300. Also like you said, wait to see if they offer it with the threaded barrel. I'm sure in the mean time, the usual players will offer 3rd party threaded barrels and other Glock accessories for it.I darn near bought one on presales, but remembered there would be bugs to work out. Like anything under a certain level, new releases are beta runs, not rtm quality. That's not a knock on Glock (exclusively), but is fairly consistent in all manufactured goods. I also considered blue label, but at it's projected stabilized cost, I'd rather save that discount toward a more costly model.

mustangfreek
29 January 2020, 23:44
Saw one with a out of battery discharge today.

Lol

Also seen military arms dude is having problems also

They need to work out the bugs, that and the polymer slide doesn’t intrigue me one bit