PDA

View Full Version : Magpul ASAP sling mount question

Policetacteam
2 May 2009, 02:40
I just recieved my Magpul ASAP sling mount and I'm wondering what the two tiny metal pieces are used for. There were no instructions and could not see how these two pieces would be needed to mount the ASAP. Any info or explanation would be appreciated!

Titleist
2 May 2009, 06:59
One of them goes in the cut out at the bottom of the ASAP, that fits in the channel of the buffer tube. One is meant for a commercial stock, the other a milspec. The advice given from magpul is to use the longest/tightest one you can.

So you'll start installing the ASAP plate, then before you tighten the castle nut you'll insert that tab into that gap, then complete installation. Make sense?

Stickman
2 May 2009, 10:44
One of them goes in the cut out at the bottom of the ASAP, that fits in the channel of the buffer tube. One is meant for a commercial stock, the other a milspec. The advice given from magpul is to use the longest/tightest one you can.

So you'll start installing the ASAP plate, then before you tighten the castle nut you'll insert that tab into that gap, then complete installation. Make sense?

Good way to explain it.

Policetacteam
2 May 2009, 17:52
That makes complete sense! Thanks for the help!

5thprofession47
5 May 2009, 11:07
I installed my endplate and had to file the larger pin just a bit to get it to install correctly. It can be a PITA to get it right and it took several tries! Each time I carefully filed a small ammount away until it fit perfectly.

Titleist
5 May 2009, 13:56
The taller tab required a few passes with the file, then mallet-ed in place. I found staking the plate was far harder (yay staking tools!). Either way, pretty easy.

Glad you got it installed right.

travclem
5 May 2009, 20:40
I used the bigger one (commercial tube) and it was a biatch to get in there but no filing was required.

Policetacteam
6 May 2009, 00:20
I'm waiting for my Vltor E-Mod stock and buffer tube to arrive. I'm curious how much filing will be required to get it properly installed!?! Did anyone else get any instructions in regards to the metal tabs or was it just that obvious and I didn't immediately pick up on it?

Stickman
6 May 2009, 00:22
No file work needed on any of mine.

5thprofession47
6 May 2009, 06:55
I'm waiting for my Vltor E-Mod stock and buffer tube to arrive. I'm curious how much filing will be required to get it properly installed!?! Did anyone else get any instructions in regards to the metal tabs or was it just that obvious and I didn't immediately pick up on it?

The instructions included from Magpul were not very easy to understand at first, so I went online and found some folks on another forum who answered my questions. The Magpul instructions made more sense after I read the advice from others online. It took many attempts but I finally got the pin to seat. The Magpul instructions list a web address to a pdf file on their site that supposedly has more detailed installation information. The link was not active when I got my endplate.