PDA

View Full Version : So what did Santa bring you?

FortTom
27 December 2019, 20:29
I got tired of my son getting better gear (that I paid for, of course) than me, including a new Steve Vai model Ibanez Jem, and an Orange amplifier. So I said screw it and custom ordered a new PRS (Paul Reed Smith) for my self. For those of you who aren't into it, it's guitar stuff. Told my family not to get me anything because I didn't need anything, and had too much "stuff" laying around doing nothing anyway. So, they all gave me gift cards with cash on them. Probably buy more "stuff".[crazy]

So what did the great bearded one bring you?

FT[:D]

Jerry R
28 December 2019, 06:01
In addition to the usual "stocking stuffers" I received a drone. Totally unexpected. And, a pretty nice one with a 1920x1080p camera, GPS, "Follow Me" technology, etc. Surprised, and pleased.

Joelski
28 December 2019, 07:28
Nice stuff, fellas. Jim, I'd like to be adopted if your son is getting that kind of gear. What model PRS did you get? I got my sights on a Custom 24 some day.

SINNER
28 December 2019, 09:17
21 days in the South Pacific.

UWone77
28 December 2019, 09:54
Nothing. We bought for our son and all of his cousins, but otherwise, we did not spend a ton.

Hope you guys all had a great Christmas!

Spare a moment to think of Luis, for those that remember him.

alamo5000
28 December 2019, 10:15

No shit? Where to?

As for myself I intentionally asked for nothing. I got some pistol magazines though. I intentionally did not ask or want anything. Christmas is too much work. Too stressful. Shopping gets in the way of Christmas so this year I decided to do something about it.

FortTom
28 December 2019, 10:27
Nothing. We bought for our son and all of his cousins, but otherwise, we did not spend a ton.

Hope you guys all had a great Christmas![:D]Spare a moment to think of Luis, for those that remember him. Was that "toolbox"?

FortTom
28 December 2019, 10:42
In addition to the usual "stocking stuffers" I received a drone. Totally unexpected. And, a pretty nice one with a 1920x1080p camera, GPS, "Follow Me" technology, etc. Surprised, and pleased.
Sounds cool. I bought a cheap one a couple of years ago, crashed it into the side of the condo, and after that it was pretty much FUBAR. Decided right then that I didn't want a good one.

FortTom
28 December 2019, 10:53

7099 That would work for me!!!

Uffdaphil
28 December 2019, 12:21
As the big gathering was cancelled due to multiple sickies, Santa sis-in-law gave me her fixings for the gourmet thingies she was going to bring. Delicious mystery goop with onions and olives to broil on french bread wedges. Best present I’ve had in years.

MoxyDave
28 December 2019, 12:47
I got a few gift cards, some goofy kids toys as gag gifts, and some money. Good times! As I get older Xmas becomes more and more about just being with family instead of gift-giving. Not that I mind getting gifts tho!

I'll pour one out for Luis on New Year's Eve. I remember him.

mustangfreek
28 December 2019, 13:47
Eh...got a few little goodies, inforce APLc, cabelas gift card, flannel.. more so , just tried to make everything all around a good day..

Hope you guys all had a great Christmas!

Spare a moment to think of Luis, for those that remember him.

I can’t not think about Luis, I have what was gonna be his battle kitty lower.
He was a funny and unique character. Hope your resting easy Luis.

Eric
28 December 2019, 15:39
[emoji16]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191228/75ed286d12d1d99578224f3b07357a82.jpg

Joelski
28 December 2019, 19:14
[emoji16]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191228/75ed286d12d1d99578224f3b07357a82.jpgOur friends shop at the same store!

FortTom
28 December 2019, 22:03
In addition to the usual "stocking stuffers" I received a drone. Totally unexpected. And, a pretty nice one with a 1920x1080p camera, GPS, "Follow Me" technology, etc. Surprised, and pleased. You'll need to post some cool real time filming when you get that thing up and running.

Jerry R
29 December 2019, 07:19
You'll need to post some cool real time filming when you get that thing up and running.

Will do. Just went through the FAA process of "registration" for the drone. Now have a certificate, and a number to put on it, legal to fly. Memory cards arriving tomorrow, test flights soon there-after.

gatordev
29 December 2019, 12:20
Will do. Just went through the FAA process of "registration" for the drone. Now have a certificate, and a number to put on it, legal to fly. Memory cards arriving tomorrow, test flights soon there-after.

Thank you. And please keep it low. Consumer UASesses can be an absolute menace when not operated safely and correctly. Then again, so can lasers, and there's always idiots out there with both.

Jerry R
29 December 2019, 13:33
Thank you. And please keep it low. Consumer UASesses can be an absolute menace when not operated safely and correctly. Then again, so can lasers, and there's always idiots out there with both.

Absolutely. It is in "Beginner Mode" now, and will stay that way for quite awhile. 100 feet max in altitude and distance from the controller.

SINNER
30 December 2019, 11:59
No shit? Where to?

As for myself I intentionally asked for nothing. I got some pistol magazines though. I intentionally did not ask or want anything. Christmas is too much work. Too stressful. Shopping gets in the way of Christmas so this year I decided to do something about it.
Hawaiian Islands. 5 so far. Might hit a few more before we head back.

FortTom
30 December 2019, 23:35
Absolutely. It is in "Beginner Mode" now, and will stay that way for quite awhile. 100 feet max in altitude and distance from the controller. Dang, Jerry, don't sweat it. Only girlie-boys read instructions, just fire that baby up and let her rip...of course mine went itno the iron railing on my condo balcony, so maybe i shouldn't say anything.;) Knew right then that I didn't want a "Pro" model.

FortTom
30 December 2019, 23:41
Hawaiian Islands. 5 so far. Might hit a few more before we head back.Damn, Sinner, I think you got the mega-mojo present of anyone here or else where as far as presents go. Going to do any sport fishing down there?

Joelski
31 December 2019, 04:43
Waiting on a new amp I.. errr Santa pre-ordered a couple weeks ago. North pole is apparently backed up with exchanges and refunds first..

apmcdaniel
1 January 2020, 22:08
2 S&Ws - a Model 745 PC and a Model 24-3. Wasn’t expecting it, but my FFL keeps getting a supply of guns from the same estate liquidation. The wife keeps finding her husband’s firearm collection in various hiding places around the house! And the prices are extremely good. Even so, there were at least 5 other pistols/revolvers I would have liked to purchase.

There will be pics at a later date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoilerUp
14 March 2020, 08:15
A bit late here, but the big Christmas present for myself and the family was 30 rural acres out on the Olympic Peninsula. Finally able to shoot on my own property.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Home/MSFF/Maple-Springs-Family-Farm/i-VxfJQcp/0/dee2257b/X3/_DSF3522-X3.jpg

tact
14 March 2020, 09:13
NICE!

Uffdaphil
14 March 2020, 09:53
Well worth the wait.

Joelski
14 March 2020, 12:25
Indeed!

Stone
14 March 2020, 16:38
Its a blessing for sure! Been a land owner for about 10 years now (80 acres) and going to be picken up another 20 from the neighbor thats selling his 80. I have planted timber and every 7 years I sell some, its paid for the property taxes so far. If you can find a natural resource that offsets your taxes it makes it even sweeter... Whether its standing timber, ginseng, morels etc, planting something for the future and getting income from it is like extra iceing on the cake...