PDA

View Full Version : Corona Virus and Prepping

UWone77
4 March 2020, 11:40
I was at Costco today, noticed they were entirely cleaned out of Water / Toilet Paper. We have 10 Corona Virus deaths here so... I get that maybe different from the rest of the country.

Anyone else notice the run on supplies?

alamo5000
4 March 2020, 11:52
We are used to it, but not because of Corona virus. Every other year during hurricane season it's part of the local tradition. There is a whole system of things that we do to avoid as much problem as possible. I could only imagine what it would be like to those who aren't in situations with runs on fuel, food, water, electricity or other things on a fairly routine basis.

As far as the virus itself nothing at all has slowed down here at all.

tact
4 March 2020, 14:02
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200304/5abb8161733ca98c85c3e7423e25030a.jpg

UWone77
4 March 2020, 14:28
This has just proven to me that in the event of a real emergency, shit is going to go down fast and hard. Absolute anarchy.

MoxyDave
4 March 2020, 18:38
I've been going to my local grocery store every night, just to see if this is happening. Last night my store was completely stocked; no panic buying whatsoever. There was an article today in the local paper about stores lacking supplies and I bet tonight it gets crazy. I've also heard the local Costco and Wal-Mart are experiencing the panic; could just be my location is less affected since my grocery store is rather small in comparison.

I agree with you 100% tho UWone77, and it bums me out that most of my friends are all too "educated" to prepare for anything. They crap on me all the time for being into preparedness. It's sad to me how few people study history and believe that this current US utopia is endless, and nothing can ever go wrong. They are just so oblivious and nothing I say or do will cause them to change their mind.

I'm not even nuts about it; I can live for 30 or 40 days at home without leaving. It's no big deal, I just buy a few extra cans of soup and water every time I hit the store. I can't fathom why anyone would not want that kind of security. Oh well!

Uffdaphil
4 March 2020, 21:26
I’m with you Moxy. I’m prepped for a couple of months of food at least. If it’s bad longer than that I figure my ammo stock will be currency for re-supply. Sad that my closest family thinks a couple weeks food and a “This is a gun free home” sign will suffice.

BoilerUp
4 March 2020, 22:56
My wife has the flu and asked me to pic up some of the disinfectant wipes today. Both my grocer and drug store were cleaned out. Other than that, everything else seemed fine. I guess face masks are hard to find right now, too. Stocking up on water in western Washington is kind of funny, but I guess it just goes to show that people these days don't know that you can actually drink that stuff you see all around you if you take a few precautions. I stock up on barley water. as that's what I'm really afraid of running out of.

Former11B
5 March 2020, 06:53
If you go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and they are out of the N95 masks over by painting/sanding, check the lumber section near the drywall sheets there are usually boxes of them. I’ve done that twice.

Tyrannosaur
5 March 2020, 07:10
I haven't even checked. But lots of family and friends have asked what storable foods and "holistic" things for the "apocalypse " they should get. We were out of bleach at my grocery store, not sure if it's from the fear pandemic or just their out.
Masks are about worthless, but I do wish I had stock in 3M right now

UWone77
5 March 2020, 10:40
I've been going to my local grocery store every night, just to see if this is happening. Last night my store was completely stocked; no panic buying whatsoever. There was an article today in the local paper about stores lacking supplies and I bet tonight it gets crazy. I've also heard the local Costco and Wal-Mart are experiencing the panic; could just be my location is less affected since my grocery store is rather small in comparison.

I agree with you 100% tho UWone77, and it bums me out that most of my friends are all too "educated" to prepare for anything. They crap on me all the time for being into preparedness. It's sad to me how few people study history and believe that this current US utopia is endless, and nothing can ever go wrong. They are just so oblivious and nothing I say or do will cause them to change their mind.

I'm not even nuts about it; I can live for 30 or 40 days at home without leaving. It's no big deal, I just buy a few extra cans of soup and water every time I hit the store. I can't fathom why anyone would not want that kind of security. Oh well!

I'm not a serious prepper by any stretch of the means. I love my modern creature comforts and would likely suck at living during a prolonged 6-12 month disruption to modern day life. A few years back, we stocked about a year's + worth of dehydrated food. I've also supplemented with some other goods and we usually keep a 6 month supply of other goods, (TP, soap, batteries, feminine hygiene products) I'm limited by storage space, so I don't think I've added to the stocks in over a year. My inlaws used to look at my semi-preparedness with a skeptical eye, but I think they've really opened their eyes the last few years. I had a conversation with some of them when we had our son... if Jr. runs out of formula during an even 2 week disruption what are you going to do? What happens when your kids are going hungry and you have no way to feed them?

Having said that, I'm kind of glad he's done with the infant phase. I stockpiled 6-9 months of formula and diapers at all times. I do wonder about some liberal friends who are "preppers" but don't own any guns....

Stone
12 March 2020, 14:29
Just a heads up for you guys, I ordered my usual cases of training ammo this morning and didnt get a confirmation email. So I just called to make sure they got the order and in passing I jokeingly
said " are you guys swamped?" and she said swamped was an under statement and that they are just about out of ammo!! [wow] I checked a few other places and they have delayed shipping notices. So if you need to top off your stash, I would do it now! Its so quiet right now I didnt realize all the panic buying is in full swing. Probably buy the preppers and smart people but once the word gets out by monday it will all be gone. Canned food, toothbrushes, hand soap etc. Dont wait...

UWone77
12 March 2020, 15:25
I've noticed places like WISE foods is almost out of everything.

If it took you this long to prep for the basics, I don't feel bad for you.

MoxyDave
12 March 2020, 16:27
I'm all set to hang out at home for quite some time, but I still go out. I got a cup o joe at Starfuck's today, despite myself. I kind of hope I do get it, so I get the antibodies and don't have to think about it anymore.

Still, I'm far more concerned about my 90-year-old parents at their retirement home. Those places are a breeding ground for infectious stuff, and there is little you can do to prepare at 90 years old. You can only store so many adult diapers ... god help me if I make it to 90! Ha!

Joelski
12 March 2020, 19:16
People here have bought up all the damn tp. Being stuck in the EOC most of the day screws you on necessities!

MoxyDave
12 March 2020, 21:25
The panic has begun here in Colorado. I hit the store at 8:30PM, my normal time, and there were 100x the number of folks buying stupid shit that's not going to help them. Milk, bread, peanut butter ... Christ people, what the fuck?

The next 3 months are going to be insufferable.

Uffdaphil
12 March 2020, 22:55
Grocery store panic in the rich part of town.

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/uffdaphil/9D574E28-3F6D-4190-A4A8-FB3FD6FF66DC.jpeg (https://s150.photobucket.com/user/uffdaphil/media/9D574E28-3F6D-4190-A4A8-FB3FD6FF66DC.jpeg.html)

mustangfreek
13 March 2020, 00:35
Damn.

We were just talking about this tonite. As now schools are closed for a month and half at the moment and could be longer.

Stores are emptying out..It’s certainly makes ya think..what else if more to this is there...

Tyrannosaur
13 March 2020, 04:57
Our stores are empty. People dont really know why their panicking. I think their buying everything because they see everyone else doing it. Our schools are about to close too. Not a matter of if but when. I have a job where if I dont work I dont get paid, do I still have to pay out my taxes? I'm sure uncle Sam still expects his pound of flesh.

gatordev
13 March 2020, 06:21
This whole thing is getting ridiculous.

It’s certainly makes ya think..what else if more to this is there...

https://youtu.be/WPMMNvYTEyI

Jerry R
13 March 2020, 06:37
Went to the local Publix (right across the street from The Wrinkle Ranch) early this morning for some milk and a couple of steaks for grilling. Shelves full, only a few shoppers. And we've had two confirmed cases in our small town.

fledge
13 March 2020, 07:44
Just imagine how much panic we’d have every year if they broadcasted the flu spread like this. It would be hurricane-tsunami-zombie panic level every winter. I’ve lost faith in public maturity.

The only run I’ve seen around here is on masks and hand sanitizer.

Tact, that meme! Hahaha

Uffdaphil
13 March 2020, 08:50
I was in Florida for spring training this week. Did not see any panic buying and only one mask wearer on the planes or at the stadium.

Ignited the annual fuse for the Mn Twins season at Wednesday’s game then woke up to find I was at the last one. Major bummer to be self-quarantined with no baseball. Oh well, at least the licky store delivers.

fledge
13 March 2020, 09:55
This has my overarching takeaway from Corona-panic.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200313/5630a967e54d865cce7050df9baa882b.jpg

Silver linings are that more people will understand what happened after it’s over. More will see it wasn’t the end of the world for their kids to be at home to learn. More will understand the media’s power to create chaos. More will see their own care in the daily level is doable with a little preparation. More will see that real crisis is not the perceived monster but the psychology of everyone responding to it. In short, more people will grow up a little.

And of course everyone here already knew that.

UWone77
13 March 2020, 09:57
This morning we had a call to respond to Costco as 700-800 people are lined up threatening the employees for not opening faster.

Eric
13 March 2020, 11:15
Unfortunately WA is the US epicenter of this, so we're getting an extra dose of stupid.

mustangfreek
13 March 2020, 14:16
This morning we had a call to respond to Costco as 700-800 people are lined up threatening the employees for not opening faster.

Wow..

Lol

Unfortunately WA is the US epicenter of this, so we're getting an extra dose of stupid.

I’d say that is correct..everything is closing down. All schools , events over 250 people... crazy..

Eric
13 March 2020, 15:47
Wow..

Lol

I’d say that is correct..everything is closing down. All schools , events over 250 people... crazy..We stopped by the local grocery store for the usual shopping and several sections looked like this. TP is in high demand apparently.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200313/535db2f542433f6642c9c952a2c61dbd.jpg

BoilerUp
13 March 2020, 19:02
I find it odd that while folks are selling bottles of Purell for $100 no one seems to be buying extra soap.

tact
14 March 2020, 09:17
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200314/bac6f8d7df5e011ead71c32d3ebe1215.jpg

UWone77
15 March 2020, 09:11
Will likely avoid Costco this week, but going to venture out to the grocery store tomorrow. Anyone have any reports where they are as far as shelves being cleaned out?

mustangfreek
15 March 2020, 10:59
Stores around here are half empty

Looked around on a few sites last nite as a friend told me ammo is drying up
Well I did look around.. tons of anno from big stores are damn near empty

Uffdaphil
15 March 2020, 11:16
Yeah, all the decent cheap stuff I wanted was out of stock. I settled for a case of Wolf Gold from Targetsports for $300 so I don’t have to use up the better stuff at the range.

No sign yet of a run on AR’s that I’ve noticed.

Eric
15 March 2020, 11:25
Will likely avoid Costco this week, but going to venture out to the grocery store tomorrow. Anyone have any reports where they are as far as shelves being cleaned out?At the local Safeway...
Disinfectant cleaners, TP, meats, rice, bottled water, all gone. Some canned and frozen foods available, but well picked over.

Jerry R
15 March 2020, 13:00
Will likely avoid Costco this week, but going to venture out to the grocery store tomorrow. Anyone have any reports where they are as far as shelves being cleaned out?

I went to Publix this afternoon. Was able to get everything on my list. Having said that, TP and fresh meat were not on the list [BD] Re-stocking was being worked on every aisle, was not crowded, seven check-out lanes open. Lots of soups and canned vegetables were missing, but a lot of good ones still in plenty supply on those items. Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables available. Water was down to a trickle [:D] but still had cases on the shelf. Again, the only bare shelves were paper goods, hand sanitizer/soap, packaged bread (their bakery loaves were plentiful), and fresh meat. Packaged meats (sandwich stuff / bacon / hot dogs) in plenty supply. Frozen foods looked like no body wanted any, those shelves were full. They have done a good job with inventory management, and stocking. Not bad, considering there are four large neighborhoods within two miles of the store.

They had a person sitting at the door handing out sanitizer wipes a single sheet per person to wipe off the cart handles. I took two Lysol wipes in a zip lock baggie for that, just in case. Not a bad experience today, but I heard they had to close a few hours early yesterday, just so they could begin the restocking.

Aragorn
15 March 2020, 13:20
I haven’t been home in a week, but airline seemed to have more empty seats than normal when I airlined out a week ago. Wife said stores are more or less normal, just can’t find TP (and she’s not even trying to stockpile). Travel on the private jet side has been ticking up, not radical but still up. We’re having a bunch of pilots call in sick... I’m guessing those are not all totally legit but rather just not wanting to go tour the country for a week at a shot. The jet looks pillaged after most flights with people taking all of our little mini-bottles of Purel and even hand sanitizing wipes.

alamo5000
15 March 2020, 14:39
I haven’t been home in a week, but airline seemed to have more empty seats than normal when I airlined out a week ago. Wife said stores are more or less normal, just can’t find TP (and she’s not even trying to stockpile). Travel on the private jet side has been ticking up, not radical but still up. We’re having a bunch of pilots call in sick... I’m guessing those are not all totally legit but rather just not wanting to go tour the country for a week at a shot. The jet looks pillaged after most flights with people taking all of our little mini-bottles of Purel and even hand sanitizing wipes.

Try Big Lots or Dollar General or whatever for TP.

I went to a Big Lots here and the entire top shelf was full of TP.

People here are starting to do the crazy thing buying food or whatever.

mustangfreek
15 March 2020, 18:30
Have you guys noticed the run on ammo..not much at any of the big shops after a quick look.. like no plinking ammo...wtf people

Stone
15 March 2020, 19:00
I brought that up on last thursday, its on page one of this thread. This thread is hopping so I think folks missed it. I was able to get 4 cases of plinking ammo for this summer just before the prices statrted to rise...

MoxyDave
15 March 2020, 21:06
This is getting pretty nuts ... went to visit Mom & Dad tonight and they wouldn't let me in (the attendant). I'm glad, and I appreciate the abundance of caution at the old folks' home right now. It's just another reality check of how serious this is, especially for older people.

On a good note, I'm finally motivated to set up the additional water storage I've been meaning to do for a decade ...

WOLVERINES!

mustangfreek
15 March 2020, 23:40
Well..this is escalating...governor just announced all restaurants and bars are closed thru the end of the month.

Joelski
16 March 2020, 04:39
Same here, with the exception of being able to do carry-out business... for now. I bet that changes soon. Smart thing to do is stock up enough of everything to get to April. Pretty much all billing cycles are on-hold pretty much everywhere. Our biggest challenge has been assuring seniors and kids are fed during these closures.

gatordev
16 March 2020, 06:33
I brought that up on last thursday, its on page one of this thread. This thread is hopping so I think folks missed it. I was able to get 4 cases of plinking ammo for this summer just before the prices statrted to rise...

Last week I was about due to grab another case of practice ammo. I had been holding off due to other more important expenditures all about to hit (car insurance, taxes, etc). Your post from the other day made me go look and I saw what you were talking about. I ended up grabbing some Wolf Gold (what I would have bought anyway) from AIM for a few more cents/round than I would have paid, along with some Geco 9mm. Both of those should get me through another couple of months. But if the 5.56 hadn't been available, I'd probably revert back to shooting 5.45 again, like I did after Newtown. Maybe I'll do that anyway, since I'm still swimming in it.

Same here, with the exception of being able to do carry-out business... for now. I bet that changes soon. Smart thing to do is stock up enough of everything to get to April. Pretty much all billing cycles are on-hold pretty much everywhere. Our biggest challenge has been assuring seniors and kids are fed during these closures.

The carry-out model seemed to work for the Chinese. They kept that going, despite locking down everything else (in some cases very poorly, from what I was hearing from my brother-in-law who lives there). But I can see shutting down dining and bars, at least for now.

I'm wondering if/how much impact/infection will occur to first-responders/ED staff which obviously leads to isolation and no working. That seems like a big thing that will shut down response in a negative way.

MoxyDave
16 March 2020, 09:43
I'm wondering if/how much impact/infection will occur to first-responders/ED staff which obviously leads to isolation and no working. That seems like a big thing that will shut down response in a negative way.

You guys might find this video by PrepMedic interesting:

https://youtu.be/6UHh-qnplyE

Stone
16 March 2020, 10:10
[QUOTE=gatordev;175980]Last week I was about due to grab another case of practice ammo. I had been holding off due to other more important expenditures all about to hit (car insurance, taxes, etc). Your post from the other day made me go look and I saw what you were talking about. I ended up grabbing some Wolf Gold (what I would have bought anyway) from AIM for a few more cents/round than I would have paid, along with some Geco 9mm. Both of those should get me through another couple of months. But if the 5.56 hadn't been available, I'd probably revert back to shooting 5.45 again, like I did after Newtown. Maybe I'll do that anyway, since I'm still swimming in it.

Yeah that ammo I got for 275 a case last week is now 390...

UWone77
16 March 2020, 10:15
I'm tired of the world ending this year again. [:D]

I've adopted the if I shoot it, I replace it mantra since 2012. Sounds like you guys are well prepared.

Ventured out to to the local grocery store. A little busier than the usual 9am crowd on a Monday, but other than out of TP, it was fine.

Stone
16 March 2020, 10:23
The grocery store shelves by me are getting picked clean. The world probably isnt going to end but the recession thats coming is going to sting...

gatordev
16 March 2020, 17:52
You guys might find this video by PrepMedic interesting:

We're supposed to carry our N95 mask with us, but no one has told me how I'm supposed to a) put that on with a helmet on and b) talk on the radio with it, so kind of makes it less than desirable. I do have a NVG curtain behind me that blocks pretty much the whole back area. That said, I'm not going to be surprised if I end up getting it eventually, even if it's just from exposure at a hospital stop.

UWone77
16 March 2020, 18:39
Cheaper than Dirt, partying like it's 2012 Post Sandy Hook again!

FortTom
16 March 2020, 19:00
Hey UW, they are scum, however I don't see not having at least 1K stashed already. I don't remember who said it, but it goes like this. Those who don't remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Hell, our old buddies from China could send us another virus outbreak right behind this one. The seem to get a kick out of infecting the rest of the world.

FT

BoilerUp
16 March 2020, 20:56
SG Ammo shut down due to volume. Powder Valley pretty much OOS on popular components.

I'm pretty good on ammo, but now that I see reloading supplies are also disappearing quickly I went ahead and ordered some powder and primers. Mostly I was running low on 4064 anyway and haven't really built a good stockpile of reloading supplies largely because I haven't exactly settle on my pet loads across the board yet for various reasons.

Jerry R
17 March 2020, 06:02
I guess I got ahead of the curve on components a couple of weeks ago, lucky for a change. Was just reloading for the spring event at Griff's this year. Ordered 5K LP primers, 5K SR primers, and 3K 62g 224 bullets. Already had 8lb caddies of 231 and 748. Finished loading all the 45 cases, and now the 5.56 cases are resized and ready for trimming.

gatordev
17 March 2020, 07:20
Maybe this means I can finally unload all of my 7.62 brass to the internets.

Joelski
17 March 2020, 18:00
I imagine I will become salaried once this is over. Now that everything is closed, about the only thing we’ve had to worry about today was keeping meals going for the young and old.

Might go new truck shopping once dealers start giving them away!

UWone77
17 March 2020, 18:37
Maybe this means I can finally unload all of my 7.62 brass to the internets.

Awhile back I offered to giveaway some 6.5 and 300 brass. No takers. LOL

Stopped by Rainier.... their sales numbers spiked to roughly 8x-9x normal. Guessing since CTD is gouging ammo, everyone else's LGS is off the hook as well.

alamo5000
17 March 2020, 18:45
Awhile back I offered to giveaway some 6.5 and 300 brass. No takers. LOL

Stopped by Rainier.... their sales numbers spiked to roughly 8x-9x normal. Guessing since CTD is gouging ammo, everyone else's LGS is off the hook as well.

300 what?

mustangfreek
18 March 2020, 00:05
How can CTD feel good about that...wow

Ya a there’s no ammo anywhere around here, cabelas is empty and Walmart, who use to be the cheapest locally.stopped stocking handgun ammo and most ar ammo..so there’s nothing there no more..one local shop have 2 box limit per day...if they have any.

Joelski
18 March 2020, 04:26
Cheaper than dirt has been dead to me since they pulled that shit after Sandy Hook. Screw those guys.

Stone
18 March 2020, 08:00
Same here...

MoxyDave
18 March 2020, 12:04
Might go new truck shopping once dealers start giving them away!

I've been thinking the same; had my eye on either a Challenger Hellcat or a New C8 'Vette ... might be in the cards sooner than I expected. Assuming the world isn't burning by then [:)]

mustangfreek
18 March 2020, 15:07
All restaurants,bowling alleys, bars, gun ranges are closed.. retail stores are following, local gunshops are closing..

Ammo shelves are empty, woman has gone to Safeway everyday just to find a few canned items and everyday there empty along with other aisles..

UWone77
18 March 2020, 15:54
Dropped into Costco today for our weekly fruits and veggies.

For the most part Costco wasn't too busy, I'd say just a tick above the normal crowd on a midday at 2pm. They were out of Frozen Chicken Breast, Wipes, all Paper Products, sanitizer, and some various cleaning agents. Otherwise, everything was business as usual.

Also stopped in at the Grocery Store... decent selection, some perishables were on the low side, but no panic right now.

BoilerUp
18 March 2020, 18:19
Yeah, I made a beer run + picked up some groceries last night. I noticed that Tylenol and Flonaise are sold out as is most kids medicine. All the pasta was pretty well cleaned out and the canned soups were very low, but most everything else was fairly normal. No real major disruptions to supply chain that I'm aware of so far.

Tyrannosaur
19 March 2020, 12:38
Our stores are pretty good, no chicken, paper, bread or eggs. There's a farm up the street who has eggs so I get those. I'm screwed cause heir Cuomo force closed our business (that's a whole other rant about dictators) I have my silver just waiting. I've been ready, everyone is telling me they're sorry they thought I was crazy.

gatordev
19 March 2020, 14:01
It's interesting to see the varied responses on what's missing from stores in different regions (even within the same state). I went back today to grab one or two things and it turned into a "half-week's" amount of shopping because there was stuff I wasn't expecting to be available, along with planning for next week when I go back to work and will need some things I'm not sure will be there or not.

Tons of eggs today, zero paper products, and the meats had been topped off, but still not complete. I was happy to find some ground turkey for tacos. Produce was thin in some areas, but fine in others (mostly the fruit had been picked over). Progresso soups had been picked over, unlike the other day, but it was the afternoon today, so not sure how fast they're getting those in. There was two Lipton dry soups (non-instant) available, but apparently I had to choose between Progresso or Lipton, per the store, so I chose Progresso for now (for work).

I'm just trying to come up with a solution for the TP issue, not because I need it yet, but because I will eventually. Apparently the guy at work who orders TP for work finally got an order through, so maybe there's hope on the non-work side.

UWone77
20 March 2020, 06:32
The area had a massive amount of TP drop the last few days. Other than just a few items, right now at least.... it's starting to look normal at the store.

alamo5000
20 March 2020, 14:41
I went to a couple of stores today. On the way in I stopped at a local gun shop and they were already price gouging on ammo. Not as bad as some places but still. On some of the items I am familiar with (because I bought those very items in the recent past) they had anywhere from 50% to 100% price increases over night. A lot of inventory is gone and the parking lot was full.

Went to Home Depot... not too bad there.

At the grocery store though... insanity. Barren shelves and the whole lot...I managed to get most of what I was after but definitely not everything and some stuff had alternatives but overall I don't want to go to another grocery store in the near future if I can avoid it.

MoxyDave
20 March 2020, 16:10
Better get all your shopping done before the weekend is over. The infection is going to explode in the US in the next 2-3 weeks. Personally I don't want to be out amongst the walking dead at that point ... I'm good for another 30 days at home.

One weird thing I've noticed myself is that I'm eating like crazy! At a time when I should be rationing and taking it easy wrt food, I've been gorging myself like a fat kid on cake. I guess I'm "stress eating" LOL gotta cut that shit out!

UWone77
23 March 2020, 11:57
Apocalypse week 3:

A few more local take out places have shuttered.

Grocery store here is pretty stocked with everything. Milk and eggs are limited to 2 each. Some TP avail, cereal aisle about a quarter empty. Most people seem to be all business... no eye contact, no smiles, just in and out. Digging it. LOL

FortTom
23 March 2020, 12:59
I went to Kroger early this morning, just to get a little fresh stuff, not canned, or frozen. i don't get the whole toilet paper thing. One man and woman had a whole cart filled with it. I still haven't read in the symptoms where people are likely to shit themselves to death.[crazy] Also stopped at liquor store to get some reserve beer because all non essential stores will be closing until further notice. Not the liquor store. Only in KY can a liquor store be "essential".;)

mustangfreek
23 March 2020, 13:26
It’s stupid around here.. most meats, can aisles, rice,eggs are all out or 1 item allowed..

UWone77
23 March 2020, 13:45
It’s stupid around here.. most meats, can aisles, rice,eggs are all out or 1 item allowed..

I expect the Governor to order everyone to stay inside today. Hopefully you can stock up a bit more before the mad rush.

Joelski
23 March 2020, 15:39
Better get all your shopping done before the weekend is over. The infection is going to explode in the US in the next 2-3 weeks. Personally I don't want to be out amongst the walking dead at that point ... I'm good for another 30 days at home.

One weird thing I've noticed myself is that I'm eating like crazy! At a time when I should be rationing and taking it easy wrt food, I've been gorging myself like a fat kid on cake. I guess I'm "stress eating" LOL gotta cut that shit out!

That's a normal preservation mode for all animals. Fatten up before the famine, or hibernation.

Eric
23 March 2020, 17:32
I expect the Governor to order everyone to stay inside today. Hopefully you can stock up a bit more before the mad rush.And he just did.

gatordev
24 March 2020, 09:55
I social distanced myself in my own bay. I rezeroed the optic after making room for the magnifier and now I'll stick with shooting the cheap Russian stuff for training for a while and sit on the 5.56 for matches or whatever the future brings. It seems "investing" in 5.45 years ago continues to pay off.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49694069596_e4b9c33856_b.jpg

UWone77
24 March 2020, 12:25
Speaking of guns, I've noticed as many as you have, ammo prices are through the roof, but gun prices are holding steady, and some retailers are still having sales. I guess people have figured out their gun is worthless if you can't feed it.

I can see myself finally getting into reloading in the future as we face an uncertain future with small arms. The last 5 years or so, I've definitely subscribed to the, if I shoot it, I replace it mantra.

gatordev
24 March 2020, 12:56
Speaking of guns, I've noticed as many as you have, ammo prices are through the roof, but gun prices are holding steady, and some retailers are still having sales. I guess people have figured out their gun is worthless if you can't feed it.

I haven't had time over the last week to really pay attention, but I've been wondering how the second-hand market will be affected, especially as people start to go several weeks without a paycheck.

alamo5000
24 March 2020, 12:58

I can see myself finally getting into reloading in the future as we face an uncertain future with small arms. The last 5 years or so, I've definitely subscribed to the, if I shoot it, I replace it mantra.

I've been thinking about it as well but more in the context of basically getting into a routine of buying components like primers or whatever. Put aside say $100 a month and then about every 4 to 6 months make a purchase.

I also have been thinking about getting a progressive press as well. I could churn out a lot of ammo in relatively short term with a setup like that.

Jerry R
24 March 2020, 13:04
I also have been thinking about getting a progressive press as well. I could churn out a lot of ammo in relatively short term with a setup like that.

I have a Dillon 550B that has probably done well over a hundred K. Love it. Even taking my time, it does about 300 per hour. Rated higher than that, but ... I'm old and slow ... [BD]

UWone77
24 March 2020, 14:44
I haven't had time over the last week to really pay attention, but I've been wondering how the second-hand market will be affected, especially as people start to go several weeks without a paycheck.

You raise a good point, only so many paychecks you can miss before you have to liquidate some belongings. I imagine guns would be near the bottom of the list to let go, but then again if it's the only valuable you have. I just read somewhere where 60% of Americans do not have 1k in the bank, and obviously even less have 3-6 months of expenses put aside. This looks like a bumpy road ahead.

Hope you guys are all safe.

alamo5000
24 March 2020, 15:51
I have a Dillon 550B that has probably done well over a hundred K. Love it. Even taking my time, it does about 300 per hour. Rated higher than that, but ... I'm old and slow ... [BD]

I need to research more about the various Dillon presses. GavinToob has a video on it I think but I am not sure. I would kind of like to see or work with them in person before I buy because they are honestly pretty expensive.

A progressive press is definitely on my eventually list. When I come into some more cash I might have a progressive press with all the doodads as part of the first wave of spending. LOL

As for now I load on a redding press so it's not like I am out of ammo or components.

Uffdaphil
24 March 2020, 17:06
I figure when Cabela’s and others sell out the cheap AR’s will be the time to start listing my more expensive, quality used builds.

UWone77
25 March 2020, 09:24
Checked in at Costco yesterday around 3pm.

No Crowd, the parking lot was half empty. They're controlling the number of people going in, one person out, they allow one person in type thing. Wall of carts strategically placed to control the flow.

Other than some bulk dry goods like rice, beans, various other things, they had plenty of everything else. Stocked as they normally would. Some paper towels, but no TP.

I thought they'd be a little more run on supplies since our governor is shutting everything down at 1730 hours today. I'm guessing hoarders, profiteers, and the like are out of money now and have made their run the last few weeks. Hopefully we're turning the corner here.

MoxyDave
25 March 2020, 11:02
You raise a good point, only so many paychecks you can miss before you have to liquidate some belongings. I imagine guns would be near the bottom of the list to let go, but then again if it's the only valuable you have. I just read somewhere where 60% of Americans do not have 1k in the bank, and obviously even less have 3-6 months of expenses put aside. This looks like a bumpy road ahead.

Hope you guys are all safe.

Thanks man, you too.

This worries me as well. I'm really hoping when we come out of this people will start saving some money and being more prepared. Americans have destroyed themselves with credit for gadgets and goo-gaas during the last 50 years. Even my highly-paid engineering friends are absolutely retarded with money. They have no savings and are constantly living hand to mouth. I hope they learn something ... and sell me their panic guns at a huge discount too [:)] Unless of course they bought Hi-Points ...

Joelski
26 March 2020, 04:29
Thanks man, you too.

This worries me as well. I'm really hoping when we come out of this people will start saving some money and being more prepared. Americans have destroyed themselves with credit for gadgets and goo-gaas during the last 50 years. Even my highly-paid engineering friends are absolutely retarded with money. They have no savings and are constantly living hand to mouth. I hope they learn something ... and sell me their panic guns at a huge discount too [:)] Unless of course they bought Hi-Points ...

This is why I don’t use credit for hobbies. Cash, or do without/wait. [grinch]

mustangfreek
28 March 2020, 23:44
I’ve been home non stop for over a week, only other place was a side job before that for a week. No ranges or shops are open, not allowed to go up in the woods to shoot, hike, ride dirt bikes etc...

I’m GOING CRAZY...lol

UWone77
15 April 2020, 15:01
So stimulus checks dropped for many today... any of you guys get any? Buying anything or paying bills?

Uffdaphil
15 April 2020, 15:23
Got my stim. Visa ate it up.

UWone77
15 April 2020, 15:40
Got my stim. Visa ate it up.

Haha... well at least it went to good use.

SINNER
15 April 2020, 15:47
No Trump bucks for me. Apparently I’m good enough to pay triple the taxes as the average American but I’m far too wealthy to get some fucking crumbs back. LOL Mail that shit back COD freight in pennies if I did.

Aragorn
15 April 2020, 15:49
I got mine. Already got some assets in stocks that went cheap, and silver around 12$ spot, so I’m keeping the stim and pretty much everything else fluid until I find out for sure if my job is safe or not.

Sucks bc that Kahles 1-8x is top of my To Buy list.

alamo5000
15 April 2020, 16:35
So stimulus checks dropped for many today... any of you guys get any? Buying anything or paying bills?

Been planning on two new suppressors+ around 20,000 primers. Everything is out of stock though so I am waiting.

UWone77
15 April 2020, 18:06
No Trump bucks for me. Apparently I’m good enough to pay triple the taxes as the average American but I’m far too wealthy to get some fucking crumbs back. LOL Mail that shit back COD freight in pennies if I did.

LOL... dude the Government took a 20K loan on everyone's behalf, and allowed a few people the privilege of kissing the ring and getting $1200 of it back from the crown.

I feel your pain!

UWone77
15 April 2020, 18:08
I got mine. Already got some assets in stocks that went cheap, and silver around 12$ spot, so I’m keeping the stim and pretty much everything else fluid until I find out for sure if my job is safe or not.

Sucks bc that Kahles 1-8x is top of my To Buy list.

Were you able to buy $12 silver at spot?

Everywhere I've seen it's been 5-7 bucks over spot. Silver is scarce right now.

Aragorn
15 April 2020, 18:55
I was. Not a lot. But a few weeks ago managed to snag some at something insane like 12.12$ or 12.14$

UWone77
15 April 2020, 19:10
I was. Not a lot. But a few weeks ago managed to snag some at something insane like 12.12$ or 12.14$

Dude... you are the man. $12 silver is insane.

Former11B
16 April 2020, 08:48

I got into reloading about a year and a half before Sandy Hook and had a meager stash at the time. I was still working out loads and testing various powders etc

While one could always have more, I’m in a better spot now. But my mindset is shoot enough to keep current but not so much I’m quickly draining my supplies that are hard to replace.

I also didn’t think my wife and I qualified for the stimulus but I guess my Army retirement (medical/combat service connected) didn’t count towards the total and we eeked in under the limit.

gatordev
16 April 2020, 12:09
I also didn’t think my wife and I qualified for the stimulus but I guess my Army retirement (medical/combat service connected) didn’t count towards the total and we eeked in under the limit.

Wait, what? Go on...

I used the IRS "where's my stimulus" tool to check yesterday, already having done the math that it would be 0 along with my wife's income. It said it couldn't tell me anything at this time. I just assumed that was a "no." Now you have me wondering.

In other news...Charmin Blue seems to be back in semi-regular stock here. That's basically like winning the war.

Stone
16 April 2020, 18:44
I believe the cutoff points are $75,000 for single and $150,000 for married and thats adjusted gross income. Under those numbers and you should get a check.

UWone77
16 April 2020, 19:10
Reduced benefits up till 99k and 199k respectively. Anything over and you get nothing.

BoilerUp
16 April 2020, 19:29
It's amazing how it feels like a "gift" when the government lets you keep more of what was yours in the first place.

mustangfreek
17 April 2020, 00:24
Been planning on two new suppressors+ around 20,000 primers. Everything is out of stock though so I am waiting.

That’s not what your suppose to do with it...[:)]

No free monies here

gatordev
17 April 2020, 05:31
I believe the cutoff points are $75,000 for single and $150,000 for married and thats adjusted gross income. Under those numbers and you should get a check.

Reduced benefits up till 99k and 199k respectively. Anything over and you get nothing.

Right, but what Former11B is saying is that, apparently, one's AGI isn't necessarily what they're looking at. Military retirement is computed in the AGI, disability is not (it's not even reported to the IRS by the filer). If retirement isn't actually computed for the stimulus, then that's interesting news.

I guess the other question for Former11b is if he's getting a separate disability check (>= 50% service connected) or if he's under that, so his non-taxed amount comes off his retirement check, which I could see being why he may have received a check.

Either way, it's interesting info.

Tyrannosaur
17 April 2020, 08:11
Got my stimulus check but heir Cuomo is just decimating NY and It looks like i may never go back to work. If it doesnt open up by July I'll have to change from my career I've had for 20 years. I need every sent and 1200 isnt shit. My governor is a piece of shit power hungry dictator hellbent on destroying us. I'm in upstate, 90% of the cases are that damn city but we suffer

mustangfreek
17 April 2020, 10:33
Sounds like a move is needed. Sorry man, sounds like a bad spot. This all is hitting us in different ways..

It’s weird to have the entire household home , not working..it’s fine now but in 3-6 months or so it will be interesting

UWone77
17 April 2020, 11:47
I think things will start to open up in May. Why? Because people are getting... Spicy out here. When I contact the public, there is a lot of Fuck this ... attitude. I think people are going to get a lot more bold here soon. I can’t blame them since this virus is messing with not only peoples health, but their lively good and quite possibly, their long term financial future.

alamo5000
17 April 2020, 12:05
I think things will start to open up in May. Why? Because people are getting... Spicy out here. When I contact the public, there is a lot of Fuck this ... attitude. I think people are going to get a lot more bold here soon. I can’t blame them since this virus is messing with not only peoples health, but their lively good and quite possibly, their long term financial future.

I agree. I also think so many places and people are going over board. That includes many leaders. They went over the line. If the doctor says take two of these and call me in the morning.... they think 'if two is good four must be better'...crap like preventing people from planting flowers in their own yard 'because of quarantine' is a bunch of crap. Stuff like that certainly doesn't help with the public sentiment.

MoxyDave
17 April 2020, 14:19
This pandemic motivated me to finally take care of a few things that have been on my list for a long time.

To wit, my new 150 gallon potable water storage tank, cleaned, plumbed, disinfected, installed and filled:

UWone77
17 April 2020, 15:27
Dave, that's nice dude! Details? How is it plumbed? water goes out and you can switch to the 150 gal tank?

I hope we all take a minute and take the lull in the action to prep for the 2nd wave that will likely come. I think shutting down the economy through the summer is obviously not realistic. Take this time to stock up on the stuff you didn't have before.

Uffdaphil
17 April 2020, 15:50
Gotta agree with UWone. That’s the best thing I never heard of. I assume it is a flow through system keeping the ware fresh and always topped off. Sure beats my Water Bob.

Here are other good items to have. Mylar Long term storage bags with oxygen absorbers. Great for dry beans, rice and other non-moist foodstuffs. Zip lock and heat seal.

https://packfreshusa.com/gallon-seal-top-mylar-food-storage-bags/

MoxyDave
17 April 2020, 16:38
Dave, that's nice dude! Details? How is it plumbed? water goes out and you can switch to the 150 gal tank?

Thanks! The tank is made by Bushmart (formerly Poly-Mart) (https://www.plastic-mart.com/product/11256/poly-mart-150-gallon-emergency-water-storage-tank-pm150e). I bought it from Baytec Containers (https://www.bayteccontainers.com) in Texas, only because it's close to Colorado and I figured they might actually get it to me in a reasonable time (they did). It's made from PTFE, which is BHA-free and safe for potable storage. It's made for this purpose exactly. It cost me about $500 delivered.

I also chose this container because it's the largest diameter (30") I could physically get into the basement (still had to remove the back door from its hinges) and only weighs 50 lbs empty so I could easily install it myself.

A lot of folks use 55 gallon drums but they have a lot of drawbacks, primarily because they're upright and you have to pump the water out vertically. That makes them a huge pain in the ass to maintain, and every time you open one and stick a siphon down into it you risk contamination. Drums also take up far more space which I really don't have room for.

I made it easy to fill by adding a "T" to the water heater fill line and placing a full-port ball valve directly above the 8" manway (the opening in the top of the container). To fill it I simply unscrew the manway, open the valve and an hour later it's full. There is a full-port ball valve at the bottom near a floor drain, making it very simple to drain. The gate valve about 1/5 of the way from the bottom makes filling a 5-gallon or bucket very easy. It's just like a normal garden hose attachment. In this case, a gate valve is better than a full-port ball valve because of the limited flow rate.

I can also use a portable RV-style water filter (https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Sediment-Bacteria-Chlorine-40631/dp/B00523AMBC/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Camco+EVO+Premium+RV+%26+Marine+Water+Fil ter%2C+Greatly+Reduces+Bad+Taste%2C+Odor%2C+Sedime nt%2C+Bacteria%2C+Chlorine+and+Much+More+%2840631% 29&qid=1587166206&s=automotive&sr=1-1) when filling it but that's probably overkill.

This container is specifically separated from the main water line because A) it's not pressure-rated and B) it won't be contaminated if that becomes an issue. We've all seen what happened in Flint, MI with the lead contamination and in my town Peterson Air Force Base was found guilty of contaminating water with their activities on the base. You're not going to learn that your water supply is contaminated until it's actually in your house. So it makes sense to keep it separate and just flush & fill it every couple of years.

First step is to clean the container, removing any debris. Then you disinfect it with a bleach solution (1 cup of bleach in 5 gallons of water), then when you fill it with tap water it's good for basically all time. There is a lot of FUDD out there but if your container is clean, tap water will never go bad. You can always treat it again when you use it if you are really concerned. I also read a lot of FUDD about containers directly on concrete leaching chemicals into the water, but that is only true if the concrete is at a very high temperature.

I also bought 6 Wavian 5-gallon water cans (https://wavianusa.com/products/wavian-water-can-html) and store them nearby. 150 gallons weighs about 1200 lbs, so you're not going to take that with you if you have to leave. I can however easily grab a few 5-gallon containers to toss in the car, give to a neighbor, or whatever. Side note: I had previously used cheap 5-gallon containers from Wal-Mart and they all failed in less than a year. Wavian has the best water and fuel cans available anywhere.

The Wavian cans are nice since they have a spigot built-in at the bottom. I would just toss it on top of my refrigerator upstairs, use the spigot to fill up my Berkey Light water filter (https://www.berkeywaterfilter.com/product/berkey-light/) in the kitchen directly below, and it would be business as usual.

If you combine everything I have including the 50-gallon water heater next to it, I now have about 250 gallons of water on-hand in case of emergencies and most of it is treated and separate from the municipal water supply. For many this sounds excessive but it gives me peace of mind. We take tap water for granted and with all this shit happening lately, this helps me sleep at night.

Stone
17 April 2020, 18:26
Millionaires to receive a 1.6 million dollar stimulus check. You can't make this shit up...
http://https://nypost.com/2020/04/16/43k-us-millionaires-will-get-stimulus-averaging-1-6m-each/

tact
18 April 2020, 08:38
......and I don’t get one.

mustangfreek
18 April 2020, 16:13
Millionaires to receive a 1.6 million dollar stimulus check. You can't make this shit up...
http://https://nypost.com/2020/04/16/43k-us-millionaires-will-get-stimulus-averaging-1-6m-each/

Da Fuq.....[crazy][wow]

alamo5000
30 April 2020, 12:59
I happened to go to town today to see how things are going. Tomorrow at midnight many of the quarantine restrictions will be formally lifted here. That said Texas is definitely still doing a phased in approach. Different parts of the state are on different schedules but all of them start on Friday at midnight with the transition.

At the big gun store near me they had quite a bit of ammo on the shelves except some key popular items. They had a fair amount of 55 grain 5.56 but the price was nosebleed high on every thing which is par for the course for that particular retailer. They have a bad reputation for price gouging. That particular store is the HQ for a bigger online store so I won't mention names in public. The owners are kind of rude as well from what I hear.

I also went into academy sports but their ammo selection is sparse still. Academy is typically one of the last to actually get things at least in my area. I don't think ammo is high on their priority list to be honest.

All that said I see lots of signals in my area that says we are slowly getting better. I will give it a month or two and I think we should be able to find more ammo. As far as prices go it's no telling when those will get back to normal.

UWone77
1 May 2020, 09:53
Our stay home order here is likely extended to 5/18... probably more like 6/1 realistically.

The natives are getting restless. I'm sure more business owners will open on their own soon. I've seen several social media posts about doing it on 5/4.

Grocery stores are stocked, and I've noticed an uptick in commuter traffic in the mornings.

Hope everyone is staying safe and doing well.

juanlien
1 May 2020, 10:58
Hopefully this calamity is immediately destroyed from the Earthhttps://babang.xyz/assets/6/o.png

UWone77
6 May 2020, 09:24
Well... 2+ months later, life at the grocery store at least... back to 99% normal. Stopped in at the regular grocery store, everything in stock, full paper aisle.

Costco as you know require masks, but on a Monday morning I didn't have to wait in any kind of line. Meat was limited to 3 per. Frozen Chicken breasts 1 per. Plenty of TP and paper products.

During the last 2 months, I've tried to be productive, got my 2 year old full potty trained. Big win, since no more diapers to buy or stock.

Got a jump start studying for my next promotional exam at work.

alamo5000
6 May 2020, 11:48
I don't know about anyone else but I personally have been more busy during the last two months than I have been in a long time. I have still been pretty much working full time and on the side we removed a few hundred yards of over grown old fence and we are currently having people clear about 15 acres with a hydro mulcher. We still have to do a bit of chainsaw work too. We are saving the nice oak logs and are filling up our firewood storage as well. We also sprayed for weeds in areas we can't mow near the pond and we will ultimately install a new fence after a bit of bulldozer work is done.

It's turned into a bigger than expected project. It was good for the people with the hydromulcher though. We hired them to come out and without ever having to advertise they got four other jobs from neighbors with bordering property.

My 'days off' don't really feel like days off. LOL! [BD]

gatordev
6 May 2020, 12:05
Well... 2+ months later, life at the grocery store at least... back to 99% normal. Stopped in at the regular grocery store, everything in stock, full paper aisle.

Meats still seem to be not at 100% here. It got better, but then started to not be fully stocked again. The shelves aren't bare, but there aren't as many of any one kind of cut of meat, mostly on the chicken side.

Paper aisle is pretty much full except the Charmin portion. Obviously that's a favorite in my area...and I totally agree.

fledge
6 May 2020, 13:10
Charmin is sparse at the grocery. But across the street, Walmart is in abundant supply.

The grocery butcher counter reopened last weekend too.

UWone77
7 May 2020, 20:42
All Paper products and pallets of Charmin back at Costco.

EO3
17 May 2020, 09:41
Feels like it’s been about 14 years since I’ve hopped on here. Was just reading through this whole thread on here and seems like a lot of you are at least getting by okay. Any updates?

I’m in Indiana and just last week they started re-opening things like restaurants, but only at 50% capacity. Kind of interesting to see the crowds at some restaurants with basically no one wearing a mask. My local grocery stores have been decently stocked for about a month now, but TP, meats and cleaning items have still been pretty sparse for the most part.

UWone77
18 May 2020, 14:26
Restaurants and the like not opening till probably June 1st around here.

Costco, Walmart, Grocery stores, all stocked, including toilet paper. The county north of me is requiring everyone out and about to wear a mask, but there is no enforcement mechanism.

I'm guessing there are a lot more people going to work lately, because traffic is noticeably busier.

mustangfreek
19 May 2020, 02:06
Ya stuff is slowly opening.. No shortages of anything lately...

Sux as we had a family camping Trip reserved for the last year, and just got word their opening back up on the day we would get back...[BD]..so there’s that...lol..[crazy]

UWone77
24 July 2020, 18:35
I've noticed like many of you that ammo, guns, lowers, even accessories are going bone dry at dealers.

Hope you guys stocked up. I predict much like post-Sandy Hook, this will be another 9-12 months before it goes back to "normal" whatever that ends up being.

Pandemic buying, pre-election, then post election depending on the winner... the state of the House/Senate... then tax return season again.

I haven't bought any ammo and just a couple of gucci guns like the Staccato P-Duo I picked up recently.

alamo5000
24 July 2020, 19:17
I've noticed like many of you that ammo, guns, lowers, even accessories are going bone dry at dealers.

Hope you guys stocked up. I predict much like post-Sandy Hook, this will be another 9-12 months before it goes back to "normal" whatever that ends up being.

Pandemic buying, pre-election, then post election depending on the winner... the state of the House/Senate... then tax return season again.

I haven't bought any ammo and just a couple of gucci guns like the Staccato P-Duo I picked up recently.

Even reloading components are scarce. Primers are not to be found which is obviously a key component. I still have a back up stash but going forward I will try to at least double what I can if not triple or more.

I haven't taken inventory in a while but I should have at least 5 to 10k rounds in each caliber (or enough to load as much) except 7.62x39. I only have around a case and a half of ammo for that. That said I remember not too long ago that CCI and others were begging for customers. They were giving like $100 cash back and other good promotions. I learned that I need to shop when stuff is plentiful.

I've been looking for bolt carrier groups and after waiting for a long time I finally got one that I was after. I plan to get a couple more back ups just in case. Its still insane though that within a day or two stuff evaporates.

Silencer Shop said between Jan 1 and June 30 they sold more suppressors than they did in all of 2019.

One company even said they sold more stuff in June alone than all of last year. That's crazy.

Depending on the outcome in November it definitely could last a long time before we get back to normal.

mustangfreek
29 July 2020, 10:16
Seeing ammo still creeping..if you can find it in stock..

Seen yesterday, 556 lc 55 gr stuff for $.55-.58 cpr, and people eating it up, 9mm averaging just under .40 cpr...

Then CTd has deals at around .80-.90 cpr...lololol....

mustangfreek
31 July 2020, 01:34
Didn’t know where to put this...but given what this has caused...

Lol..at 50 cpr of steel case 223...[BD][wow]...there trying to beat CTD out...:P

UWone77
31 July 2020, 09:38
I'm always amazed how many people wait to stock up during an election year.

gatordev
7 August 2020, 12:44
Wasn't sure where to put this, so figured I'd just use this thread...

It's interesting to see the variation in companies shipping parts as well as parts availability. Obviously ammo is another story, but it seems like even normally fast-shipping companies are slowing down on shipping, no doubt due to the demand. Normally Primary Arms is super-quick, but when I ordered from them yesterday, I noticed they have a 1-2 day shipping notice. I needed to grab some lower spare parts from LMT, and they shipped very quick, but I'm guessing there's not a ton of demand through them, as people don't think to go there.

Ammo, though... Looks like SGAmmo got some PPU 5.56 and some Wolf 9mm yesterday. I guess Sam isn't on ar15.com anymore as a vendor, so don't know his details, but hopefully he can hang on with the lack of product.

alamo5000
7 August 2020, 14:03
I ordered a new muzzle device on the 25th of last month and it showed up at my house today. No email notification or tracking number sent at all. It took them 12 days to get it to me. When I ordered a new BCG the same thing happened time wise however I did get a tracking number on that one.

The good news is they said up front what the time line would be so I'm not at all complaining just relaying the new normal as related to shipping times.

mustangfreek
7 August 2020, 14:32
If you need some ammo....CTD has the dealzzzz

Lololol

Joelski
8 August 2020, 08:25
I wonder what a drummie of Federal 855 would cost about now. ROFL!!

mustangfreek
13 August 2020, 00:45
And still climbing...70 cents a round ish after tax
Lol... good sign I guess is, it’s been up for 1/2 a day and still in stock..[crazy]

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/252084/xm855csf/federal-ammunition-5.56mm-nato-62-gr-fmj-green-tip-xm855-1000box-

alamo5000
13 August 2020, 00:56
You know what's nice? When you start digging through your stuff thinking you are looking for brass to reload and you find a 3 gallon bucket full of 223 that is ready to go already... I am guessing it's between 1,500 and 2,000 rounds...I reloaded it but I completely forgot about it...

MoxyDave
13 August 2020, 13:04
You know what's nice? When you start digging through your stuff thinking you are looking for brass to reload and you find a 3 gallon bucket full of 223 that is ready to go already... I am guessing it's between 1,500 and 2,000 rounds...I reloaded it but I completely forgot about it...

Hah and I feel lucky when I find a $20 in an old jacket pocket! Score dude!

alamo5000
28 October 2020, 19:15
I went to two local stores here today and both had fairly decent stacks of 5.56/.223 ammo on the shelves. 300BLK supers and subs as well.

Of course the prices would give you a nosebleed but they definitely had them. They did restrict purchases to 250 rounds.

At one store I found a bottle of H110 powder so I bought it as an impulse buy. It was $2 more than the pre-pandemic price (at a store that is normally more expensive anyway). Given it should have been $6 more but whoever stocked the shelves marked it with one price but it rang up in the computer as another so they gave it to me at the lower price.

I don't know if this is a sign of easing up on availability or not but I have heard of other people being able to purchase things like primers. One guy got like 30K of them.

BoilerUp
28 October 2020, 22:28
I went to two local stores here today and both had fairly decent stacks of 5.56/.223 ammo on the shelves. 300BLK supers and subs as well.

Of course the prices would give you a nosebleed but they definitely had them. They did restrict purchases to 250 rounds.

At one store I found a bottle of H110 powder so I bought it as an impulse buy. It was $2 more than the pre-pandemic price (at a store that is normally more expensive anyway). Given it should have been $6 more but whoever stocked the shelves marked it with one price but it rang up in the computer as another so they gave it to me at the lower price.

I don't know if this is a sign of easing up on availability or not but I have heard of other people being able to purchase things like primers. One guy got like 30K of them.

H110 is my go-to for 300 BLK.

I think the prices have a hit the plateau where people just stop buying, just like the $5.99 for 1oz bottles of hand sanitizer. Now everyone is just holding their breath for Nov 3rd.

mustangfreek
29 October 2020, 05:05
It’s a fucking joke around here..

All the hoarders and resellers have managed to make cabelas,Wally world and few other shops out of Everything.

Cabelas aisles are bare, been bare for months..reminds me of about 4 years ago..for about a year plus.

No powder, primers etc

rxer311
29 October 2020, 12:47
I have some local shops around here that have 5.56, 9mm, etc but they are limiting the quantity you can buy and some of the shops are gouging. $25 for a box of xm193...no thanks...that 1 box of 20 rounds won't help me anyway.

One of my other locals had PMC X-Tac 62gr for $10 a box the other day but had a limit of 2 boxes...so I got my 2 boxes.

UWone77
29 October 2020, 14:59
Local Cities and Counties here have extended Government workers to work from home until July 2021. Guessing this thread will be revisited more than a few times more than I anticipated!

MoxyDave
30 October 2020, 10:11
Not much new here, but a nearby city Pueblo, CO has begun a 2-week curfew due to COVID.

Doesn't sit right with me. Only my mother can tell me what to do [:)]

UWone77
14 November 2020, 21:19
Well, looks like they're going to ban indoor dining again, limit Grocery Store capacity to 25%, and limit any kind of indoor social gatherings again.

I could see the writing on the wall last week as Costco was again basically cleaned out of toilet paper, bottled water, dry goods, and other paper goods.

Aragorn
14 November 2020, 21:21
Well, looks like they're going to ban indoor dining again, limit Grocery Store capacity to 25%, and limit any kind of indoor social gatherings again.

I could see the writing on the wall last week as Costco was again basically cleaned out of toilet paper, bottled water, dry goods, and other paper goods.

Hey, just enjoy the reprieve from all the looting and rioting.

Until Trump’s second inauguration, that is.