PDA

View Full Version : I am officially quarantined

rxer311
6 April 2020, 09:24
I am a pharmacist at UPenn LGH. They have been screening us every day on the way in to work for fevers. I haven't had any type of fever but I started with a cough and generalized fatigue on Friday. Probably just a common virus, however, my manager noticed my illness today and I let him know I wasn't feeling well. So he called our hospital infection control officer who then mandated that I get tested.

Unfortunately we are saving all of our rapid tests for patients, so I get to wait 5-7 days for results for which time I am officially quarantined. If I test positive the quarantine goes to 14 days.

Like I said, I probably don't have it. I feel pretty decent besides being sick. But....I am going to be really bored for the next week!

Pic before I got sick!

https://i.imgur.com/qnJ6KKI.jpg

Aragorn
6 April 2020, 09:43
Oh man! Even if you don’t have it, that’s rough!

UWone77
6 April 2020, 10:08
Did you have to wear PPE at work all the time? Any direct contact with patients in your position?

That's rough man. I hope you feel better. Keep yourself safe!

rxer311
6 April 2020, 10:39
We have to wear ppe at all times right now. I do have pt contact but we are limiting it now.

inthegame
6 April 2020, 12:44
While understand the need or want to work. Out of an abundance of caution, you should not have gone into work given your symptoms Friday. Hope it comes back negative for you. Dont be the guy in the zombie show hiding the bite.

gatordev
6 April 2020, 13:14
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they're taking care of you with the paycheck while you're quarantined. My work is pretty shady on explaining how they determine giving disability vs full pay for exposure when the incubation period is so along. If you do get positive, hope things stay relatively benign, but here's to negative thinking.

rxer311
6 April 2020, 13:24
While understand the need or want to work. Out of an abundance of caution, you should not have gone into work given your symptoms Friday. Hope it comes back negative for you. Dont be the guy in the zombie show hiding the bite.

I was expected to come to work unless I was running a fever which I have never had. They decided to quarantine me after my other symptoms. Because I had no fever I was still expected to come in. I was sent right to the ER for testing after I informed them of my symptoms.

inthegame
6 April 2020, 13:53
Being essential comes with its own set of rules. It’s tough. Stay safe.

fledge
6 April 2020, 16:08
I hope it’s nothing and that you are more bored than sick!

Time to start a new build? [emoji56]

UWone77
6 April 2020, 17:43
Time to start a new build? [emoji56]

Hahahaha now THIS ... IS. THE. WAY.

Kinda itching to build something new, but that's only out of boredom.

Eric
6 April 2020, 17:48
Well that sucks man. Hopefully you're not in any high risk categories.

rxer311
6 April 2020, 17:53
I wish I could start a new build. I have a few spare lowers sitting around but money is tight and my wife is laid off (works for a church and does not qualify for unemployment).

rxer311
7 April 2020, 09:11
Great news! Test already came back negative. I am cleared to go back to work on Thursday.

Aragorn
7 April 2020, 09:17
Well THAT was a quick turn around! Awesome!

UWone77
7 April 2020, 10:08
All I got out of this thread was... you're not starting a new build. [:D]

Congrats on the negative results... I'm sure lots of people are going around wondering if that slight fever or cough is the start of a COVID19 diagnosis. Ugh.

alamo5000
7 April 2020, 10:43
Great news! Test already came back negative. I am cleared to go back to work on Thursday.

Good job! Way to not get sick! LOL

I think you should build something to celebrate. [BD]

alamo5000
7 April 2020, 10:46
I'm sure lots of people are going around wondering if that slight fever or cough is the start of a COVID19 diagnosis. Ugh.

It's allergy season here (it's real bad this year too)...I've seen several people say "I think I need to get tested for COVID" only to eat a couple of benadryl and clear up for 3 or 4 hours.

rxer311
7 April 2020, 16:58
All I got out of this thread was... you're not starting a new build. [:D]

Congrats on the negative results... I'm sure lots of people are going around wondering if that slight fever or cough is the start of a COVID19 diagnosis. Ugh.

Can't wait to start that new build!

BoilerUp
7 April 2020, 19:49
It's allergy season here (it's real bad this year too)...I've seen several people say "I think I need to get tested for COVID" only to eat a couple of benadryl and clear up for 3 or 4 hours.

Same here. It's a new game called "Plague or Pollen?"

Jerry R
8 April 2020, 05:38
Congrats on the negative results. Hope your symptoms go away just as quickly.

Former11B
8 April 2020, 07:49
Now I know who to PM for the good stuff [BD]

And congrats on not having the ‘rona

Joelski
9 April 2020, 04:51
We don't have enough PPE to wear in non-contact situations.

Hang in there, rxer! Build a new rifle, or take one apart, clean it and rebuild an old rifle!