PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Arms Advanced Sniper Trigger (AST) 2-Stage Trigger

UWone77
21 June 2020, 20:48
https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/ast.htm?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=Triggers

Description

Nickel boron finish

Total pull weight 4.0-4.5 lbs

Stage 1, 2.0-2.5

Stage 2, 2.0-2.5

Drop-In Two-Stage Target Trigger Upgrade

Centurion Arms LLC Match Grade Competition Trigger Group gives you a smooth, consistent, two-stage pull, with a clean break and little-to-no pre- and over-travel. It’s built with a fit, finish, and attention to detail found in very few AR triggers, let alone one at this price-point.

Each Centurion Arms LLC Match Grade Competition Trigger Group is machined from hardened A2 tool steel (NOT MIM parts!) to precise dimensions, then micro polished to eliminate "creep" during the pull. Finally, the hammer and trigger in each Match Grade Competition Trigger Group gets an ultra-hard, self-lubricating Nickel Boron coating, to ensure an extremely smooth pull.

Hardened A2 tool steel hammer, trigger, disconnector

Ultra-hard Nickel Boron coating on hammer / trigger

Ultra-grade stainless steel music wire springs included

Drop-in fit in standard AR-15 lower receiver

Pins included (.153" dia.)

Centurion Arms LLC Match Grade Competition Trigger Group has the two-stage pull preferred by precision rifle shooters. It gives you excellent control that lets you "stack" the trigger then pause before you completing the pull through the second stage.

mustangfreek
25 June 2020, 03:34
Looks like a good option for the $$$...

Anyone got one yet? How is it

UWone77
25 June 2020, 23:52
Looks like a good option for the $$$...

Anyone got one yet? How is it

Stick told me that they're 90% of what an SSA is.

I'm going to place an order for one today to try it out. The price is right...

Tyrannosaur
26 June 2020, 05:40
And they're out of stock

Former11B
8 July 2020, 06:52
I’d be down to try one of these. I run a couple SSA-E’s and they’re almost too light for certain situations.

BoilerUp
8 July 2020, 17:46
I’d be down to try one of these. I run a couple SSA-E’s and they’re almost too light for certain situations.

Those situations are what the SSA is designed for. The Super Tricon is my go-to trigger for carbines, but I like the SD-E for bench / precision builds. I might pick up one of these to see if I like it, but I have a feeling I'd rather have one more Super Tricon versus 3 of these. I have a hard time accepting other triggers after shooting Geisseles for several years now.

mustangfreek
9 July 2020, 02:36
Anyone got to try one of these yet?

OneGearhead
17 July 2020, 19:15
Now. Not badmouthing Geissele or Centurion Arms, obviously, and I know they’ve done some things that aren’t that great in the gun industry, but I’m running RRA’s 2-stage setup, with the same weight breakdown as this one, and I’m more than happy with it. For <$100, I don’t think it can be beat. Granted, it doesn’t have any fancy coating on it, and I’ve never shot anything other than a factory Spikes trigger, my RRA, and OTB CMMG lpk triggers, so I’ve never shot anything expensive, so I may be missing out on something. I don’t know. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatordev
18 July 2020, 05:51
Just be careful with the RRA triggers. At least historically, they have been known to double when they get worn. I had previously read about it at some point and then at some local friendly match, someone's RRA 2-stage actually did it in front of me. When I asked him what he had and he told me, I mentioned that I had read that it was known to happen and he said he'd heard the same.

This was a couple of years ago, so maybe they've fixed them, but just something to be aware of.

UWone77
18 July 2020, 15:49
I may still have an RRA 2 stage somewhere.

I've broken 3 or 4 of those triggers back in the day. Would not use an RRA Trigger.

mustangfreek
20 July 2020, 06:15
Now. Not badmouthing Geissele or Centurion Arms, obviously, and I know they’ve done some things that aren’t that great in the gun industry, but I’m running RRA’s 2-stage setup, with the same weight breakdown as this one, and I’m more than happy with it. For <$100, I don’t think it can be beat. Granted, it doesn’t have any fancy coating on it, and I’ve never shot anything other than a factory Spikes trigger, my RRA, and OTB CMMG lpk triggers, so I’ve never shot anything expensive, so I may be missing out on something. I don’t know. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol..I’d say your missing out..

Not to turn this thread into something else...but I use to be the same way, I don’t need xxx triggerS..lol..Well now all my guns have triggers of some sort..[BD]

I’d say for the price and even who it is , the Larue mbt triggers are the budget option anymore..shit I picked up 2 , both 75 bux. About the same pull as my G2S. Just a different trigger profile..

I picked up a flat and curved and like em both

mustangfreek
15 September 2020, 15:19
In stock at Rainier arms

https://www.rainierarms.com/centurion-arms-ast-ar-15-advanced-sniper-trigger-2-stage/

UWone77
15 September 2020, 17:15
Finally ended up getting one. Haven't installed it yet. Plan on replacing my SD-E on my Centurion SBR with this.

mustangfreek
16 September 2020, 05:08
Nice.

Idk though, aren’t those sd-e’s butter? Never tried one but heard.

UWone77
16 September 2020, 06:26
Nice.

Idk though, aren’t those sd-e’s butter? Never tried one but heard.

For an AR, I think the SD-E is the best trigger on the market. It'll find a home in another AR, maybe the green ano Aero set. Just wanted to put the Centurion Trigger in the Centurion Gun... OCD. You know what that's all about LOL

mustangfreek
16 September 2020, 17:17
Haha..OCD..ya..lol

Let us know what you think of it

Edit, as my stupid iPad can’t auto correct worth a shit