PDA

View Full Version : A companion website to Ar15.com & M4carbine.net. Very useful!

18th-Airborne
3 October 2007, 12:25
Thanks Stick & John. It's nice to have another professional site for reference. Please keep your non biased T&E and don't get to big and corrupt like some of the gun rags out there.

18th-Airborne
3 October 2007, 12:51
A few suggestions, respectfully.

Links should be open in a new window instead of bumping me off the WEVO's page.

Need a forum index up top, so I can run back to other forum area's.

Thanks

Eric
3 October 2007, 15:29
Links should be open in a new window instead of bumping me off the WEVO's page. Agreed.

Need a forum index up top, so I can run back to other forum area's. It's not highly visible, but there is a link that accomplishes that. There is a folder icon (just above User CP). Example: Weapon Evolution > Discussion > New Weapons & Accessories Discussion. The "Weapon Evolution" brings you back to the main page. It's not a drop down menu, but it gets you back.

Stickman
3 October 2007, 16:55
Please keep your non biased T&E and don't get to big and corrupt like some of the gun rags out there.

The focus of this site is new weapons and equipment based off the perspective of veteran LE and MIL. With that in mind, I don't think there is anything else that uses this same criteria as a focal point. There are a lot of other sites out there with good information, and I encourage people to visit the places they get solid intel from. This site ends up pretty different than the others, and it was designed that way. There is no point trying to reinvent the wheel.

We will stay on track with "Guides" and "Reviews" to work as a resource for people, and will continue to call things as well see them. Some items you will find that Staff disagrees on amongst ourselves, or that we see different things as assets or liabilities. The purpose is not to give glowing reviews, but rather, its to give feedback based on our own experiences out in the field, and how that experience is reflected in that particular product.

As far as the sponsor links not opening in their own window, I agree that needs to get fixed, but I've got no clue at all how to do it. Thankfully there are two other mods who are much better than me at dealing with the backend of the site.

Thanks for the feedback, its appreciated.

John Hwang
4 October 2007, 22:14
Thank you for feedback. Side banner links are fixed.

SHIHAN
27 October 2007, 02:43
I would say this website is much closer to being a companion site to m4carbine.net as this site has good and accurate product information. The only drawback is its costing me money [:D]

chuckles
11 November 2007, 08:03
My first post here and I have already learned a great deal about my M&P.
I never knew how to remove the collapsible stock until reading Stickman's fine how to. Keep up the good work Guys![adore]

Policetacteam
17 February 2008, 05:40
I agree. This site is totally different and I love it! New products is a great place to focus. It looks awesome and the content is even better. Keep it up!!!