PDA

View Full Version : Great Day Today

rxer311
14 October 2020, 11:46
Perfect autumn Pennsylvania weather! Had off work. Jumped on my Versys 650 and rode around the PA countryside.

Stopped at a gun shop off the beaten path (for me anyway as it is 25 miles from my house and I have 3 gun stores within 5 miles). They had 9mm, 38sp, and 5.56. Prices were slightly high but not to the point where it was gouging.

Was able to load up my backpack and finally get a few extra rounds so I can go the range!

I learned a lesson a few weeks ago. Don't buy a gun in the middle of a pandemic and civil unrest unless you already have ammo in that caliber. I always wanted a 38sp so I finally bought one...and then quickly realized it was only useful as a club since I haven't been able to find ammo for it for the past month or so.

Uffdaphil
14 October 2020, 13:01
Gotta memorize these nice fall days. The awful word frozen is in my forecast for Sunday.

UWone77
14 October 2020, 22:48
I've wanted to shoot 38 out of my Python for the last 4 months, but haven't since I can't replace what I shoot. Definitely did not stock up on 38 before the panic started.

FortTom
15 October 2020, 05:12
I've wanted to shoot 38 out of my Python for the last 4 months, but haven't since I can't replace what I shoot. Definitely did not stock up on 38 before the panic started.

If I were you, UW, I'd just get rid of the damned thing. Sell it to me cheap, and then you'll enjoy the feeling of having one less thing to worry about.

MoxyDave
15 October 2020, 09:44
Sounds like a good time. I took a ride on my new bike at lunchtime yesterday. Good thing I did, today it's too cold to ride!

rxer311
16 October 2020, 03:11
Sounds like a good time. I took a ride on my new bike at lunchtime yesterday. Good thing I did, today it's too cold to ride!

How do you like it? It looks like a fun little bike. I had been kicking around getting one.

Joelski
16 October 2020, 05:27
It is never too cold to ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

alamo5000
16 October 2020, 07:16

MoxyDave
16 October 2020, 10:04
How do you like it? It looks like a fun little bike. I had been kicking around getting one.

I love it. Great little bike. It's small and agile, with just enough power to make you smile. For commuting on the highway, I'd want something bigger but for just tooling around the city it's the best bike I've owned.

MoxyDave
16 October 2020, 10:04

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hah, wind chill is a bitch with no windshield [:)]

Joelski
16 October 2020, 10:15
Yep. But still more fun that driving.