PDA

View Full Version : Finally an actual "Evolution" in weapons! Supercavitating underwater bullets!

MoxyDave
29 October 2020, 14:29
Finally something worthy of the title "Evolution" in weapons technology. This is pretty cool!

Supercavitating underwater bullets from DSG (https://newatlas.com/military/dsg-cavx-supercavitating-underwater-bullets/)

Former11B
30 October 2020, 03:27
Damn

Stone
2 November 2020, 08:43
It is pretty cool but how often do you jump into a body of water to shoot something???? Whats the real world application?

gatordev
2 November 2020, 10:23
It is pretty cool but how often do you jump into a body of water to shoot something???? Whats the real world application?

Sometimes I get these red 4-5 inch biting centipedes in my pool and they kind of creep me out. This could be the answer.

MoxyDave
2 November 2020, 10:23

If you read the article they have several applications. For example, a submarine could fire on an aircraft while remaining submerged.

The applications are very specific, but there are a few.

Joelski
2 November 2020, 14:56
I can finally install a CIWS on my fast attack sub! YIPPEE!!!!! [:D][:D]

Seriously though, it looks like it'll require a really long chamber for that projectile, plus a case with enough boiler room space to huff it through the water.

Gator: Sounds like a way to rapidly ventilate your swimming pool. Wouldn't recommend it. [:D]

BoilerUp
2 November 2020, 17:25
I'm pretty sure these were developed by a bald guy in a gray suit holding a white fluffy cat.