PDA

View Full Version : Are you shopping for anything in particular?

alamo5000
31 October 2020, 15:08
In less than a month it will be Black Friday. This year it might be a long shot to get good deals but I am looking for the stuff anyway. Hopefully others can share their want lists too and if we see stuff we can let each other know.

My list is:
1. Labradar
2. The new RMRCC (probably the 3.25MOA)
3. The new Surefire XSC weapons light (for a Sig 365XL)

What's on your list?

FortTom
31 October 2020, 15:18
Laser light for a HK USP Compact. Due to Covid, haven't done much at all this year as far as shooting or practice. Thus not a lot of involvement = not a lot of activity and practice with my friends and other shooters to be immersed in new products, etc..

FT;)

Uffdaphil
31 October 2020, 16:47
I’d really like to get a quality LPVO in 1x6 or x8. But unless I sell some of the hoard first I cannot afford one. Why I can’t bear to part with ARs I hardly ever shoot is beyond my ken.

UWone77
31 October 2020, 18:29
I've been sitting out on the sidelines for the most part since the Pandemic started. I haven't really done much with guns. I'm kind of putting together the following:

CMT 9MM PCC
CMT MANDA15 Pistol
STAG 308 LH

If I see a good deal on some small parts and/or a 308 barrel I'll jump on it, but other than that, no, I likely won't be buying much of anything on BF.

Joelski
1 November 2020, 09:08
Who wants to pay today to get shit in February or later?

MoxyDave
1 November 2020, 11:53
I ordered another CMMG Banshee 9mm upper. Who knows if I'll ever see it with the way things are right now [:(]

Aside from that I'm pretty much set!

mustangfreek
1 November 2020, 12:56
Unless you need socks and undies dont expect Shit this year

BoilerUp
1 November 2020, 21:19

Crap, that reminds me, I think I have a coupon from G around here as their way of saying "sorry, that took even longer than we expected". Now, where'd I put that...

For Black Friday, I'm really just hoping I can pick up a G34 barrel from Zaffiri Precision at a discount.

UWone77
2 November 2020, 06:23
Crap, that reminds me, I think I have a coupon from G around here as their way of saying "sorry, that took even longer than we expected". Now, where'd I put that...

For Black Friday, I'm really just hoping I can pick up a G34 barrel from Zaffiri Precision at a discount.

Haha... I had like 4 of those. Kept looking at the G website all through March-July, and could not a single thing I wanted. Everything continuously out of stock, even before the pandemic. Just threw all those expired coupons out. What a joke.

alamo5000
2 November 2020, 07:32
I definitely won't be backordering anything. I don't like the pay now and maybe get it 4 months later game. Fortunately the stuff I want is generally in stock now. Just maybe hoping one or two of the things is on sale (maybe). A couple of the items are relatively new (or very new) products so maybe it's a long shot.

With the light though, it's so new that the molds for making holsters are not quite out yet so if I pick that up it will just sit until I get the holster I want.

Stone
2 November 2020, 08:34

Exactly. Geisele should know by now(or long before) that their stuff is in high demand. There is no reason they could not have doubled up on their stock long before the pandemic. Everytime they have a new release they under order possibly thinking they may have to sit on overstock but history has shown them time and time again that they will sell out. It reminds me of umbrella corp. sales tactics but in the end they just end up driving potential customers elsewhere. A 2-4 week backorder is one thing but 4-6 months means you have lost the sale...Im going to sit back this year, dont really need anything...

"My list is:
1. Labradar" At first I thought you had a typo and meant Labrador... I was curious why you wanted a dog on a black friday sale...:P

alamo5000
2 November 2020, 09:03
Exactly. Geisele should know by now(or long before) that their stuff is in high demand. There is no reason they could not have doubled up on their stock long before the pandemic. Everytime they have a new release they under order possibly thinking they may have to sit on overstock but history has shown them time and time again that they will sell out. It reminds me of umbrella corp. sales tactics but in the end they just end up driving potential customers elsewhere. A 2-4 week backorder is one thing but 4-6 months means you have lost the sale...Im going to sit back this year, dont really need anything...

"My list is:
1. Labradar" At first I thought you had a typo and meant Labrador... I was curious why you wanted a dog on a black friday sale...:P

I have half a dozen dogs already! LOL

Truth be told I don't need anything but I've narrowed down my want list. When things eventually get back to normal I have other things in mind but for now those things I mentioned will work.

When the crazy stuff settles down I will stock even more primers too. I am pretty flush now but I want to triple my stock.

Joelski
2 November 2020, 15:00

That was a good coupon, too! IIRC, it's time limited, and they haven't had their Super (Dooper) Advanced BCG up yet.

Joelski
2 November 2020, 15:37
All I want for Christmas is a T2 and and an ACOG. Dammit!

BoilerUp
2 November 2020, 17:22
Haha... I had like 4 of those. Kept looking at the G website all through March-July, and could not a single thing I wanted. Everything continuously out of stock, even before the pandemic. Just threw all those expired coupons out. What a joke.

They're expired? I guess I won't bother trying to figure out where I put it, then. I'd like to get a few more Super Tricons as I'm trying to standardize on that across all my carbines. Although, I sure would like to try out a WC TTU on an AR. Have one for the MPX and it's fantastic.

LMT would probably get some money from me if they had a Black Friday sale, and had inventory to support it.

Joelski
3 November 2020, 03:54
They're expired? I guess I won't bother trying to figure out where I put it, then. I'd like to get a few more Super Tricons as I'm trying to standardize on that across all my carbines. Although, I sure would like to try out a WC TTU on an AR. Have one for the MPX and it's fantastic.

LMT would probably get some money from me if they had a Black Friday sale, and had inventory to support it.

Try calling them and throw a little shame (edit: I meant express your disappointment as nothing worth buying has been in stock when you were in a buying mood). They might actually give you the discount since they so greedily caused the problem..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Former11B
3 November 2020, 04:33
I want something they make and it’s usually in stock wherever I look

30mm super precision Extended 20MOA mount

Can’t really find another one out there that offers as much forward offset AND 20MOA

BoilerUp
12 November 2020, 16:03

And Zafiri's BF deals just dropped today. BF2020 for the coupon code already effective and a killer deal on a G19 slide: https://zaffiriprecision.com/product/zps-2-g19-slide-gen-3-rmr-armor-black-bf-deal/

UWone77
12 November 2020, 18:30
And Zafiri's BF deals just dropped today. BF2020 for the coupon code already effective and a killer deal on a G19 slide: https://zaffiriprecision.com/product/zps-2-g19-slide-gen-3-rmr-armor-black-bf-deal/

Smoking Deal man

alamo5000
12 November 2020, 21:15
What are the best places to look for an RMRcc?

Europtic has them for $499 ($556 including the adapter plate that I need but the plate is on backorder). Kenzies has them for $499 but with no adapter. The adapter plate is vaporware right now. Nobody has it.

Is there any other places that I should keep an eye on when it comes to optics?

MoxyDave
13 November 2020, 13:23

Europtic has them for $499 ($556 including the adapter plate that I need but the plate is on backorder). Kenzies has them for $499 but with no adapter. The adapter plate is vaporware right now. Nobody has it.

Optics Planet has been great for me. Give them a call and they will often come down a bit on price, too. Everyone has a backlog right now and you might have to backorder, but in my experience they have fulfilled my backorders quickly.

BoilerUp
13 November 2020, 16:32

I just got an email from Scopelist today that they have both the RMRcc and the adapter plates in stock. Looks like MAP means you're going to see the same price everywhere, but I agree with Moxy that you can usually get Optics Planet to give you at least 10% off if you ask them (you can use the instant chat, too).

BoilerUp
13 November 2020, 17:07
If you are Glock / P80 builder, follow Zaffiri on FB. They are having "daily drops" on deals ahead of Black Friday. Today is a a stainless G19 barrel for $99 (or $105 for threaded)

https://zaffiriprecision.com/product/g19-barrel-flush-crown-ss/

mustangfreek
13 November 2020, 17:35
Man those Z slides are cut up.. too much IMO..

I dont see the hype about the mini RMR. Granted I haven’t played with one, but just fondling (never shot thru one) the std rmr window is small

alamo5000
13 November 2020, 22:05
I just got an email from Scopelist today that they have both the RMRcc and the adapter plates in stock.

They don't have the adapter plate I need. It's still back ordered for however long. Hence I am not in a hurry. I need the plate for the 365XL.

alamo5000
14 November 2020, 12:54
I managed to lay hands on a holosun today. After fingering it and seeing how my eye interacts with the dot I am really liking that one. I compared it with another off brand with a 3 MOA dot just to get a feel and that was pretty eye opening.

alamo5000
14 November 2020, 13:50
Rainier Arms just showed the 507k-X2 in stock. I jumped on it because they are OOS all over the place.

alamo5000
27 November 2020, 10:02
There isn't hardly any deals going on this Black Friday. That was obviously predicted. None the less I did manage to get a few things.

So far I've bought a RCA bolt carrier group for like $150 bucks or so. I also bought a new holster from Tier1 for my 226. I also snagged a Cam Lok carry comp and a few other small items. I did buy that Holosun 507K x2 but that wasn't on a black friday sale.

I've never used a comp of any kind so that was kind of an impulse buy. I guess it's a way to dip my toe in the water for not much money. I did however ask them to make the muzzle end of my new holster compatible with that muzzle device. I doubt I will open carry in public that often but if things keep going the way they are I might start. [BD]

Other than that I haven't seen hardly anything compelling to buy.

Tyrannosaur
2 December 2020, 05:02
I got into motocross during the first lockdown so I wanted stuff for my bike. My TV finally shot the bed so I was looking at those. Then the day before black Friday dictator Cuomo shut us down for 3% "infection". Until he deems fit. So I just got a samsung galaxy for my daughter and my son some Fortnite V bucks