PDA

View Full Version : Enidine Hydrolic Recoil Buffer...

nthwsthntr
16 May 2009, 01:00
Does anyone have any input on the Enidine Hydrolic Recoil Buffer? I've been trying to locate some reviews on this product and have only been able to turn up a single, solitary review. Call me crazy, but only one review, in my book, does not provide me the input that I need to make a decision on whether or not I'm going to purchase this product...

Thanx,

Cheers!

rob_s
16 May 2009, 03:37
What do you hope it will do for you?

federalist22
16 May 2009, 04:51
I'll give you some more feedback in about 2 weeks. I purchased on of these for a S&W M&P15 project I put together. Never fired the rifle using the stock buffer. Bought the Enidine carbine buffer and fired it for the 1st time, but there seemed to be a problem with the bolt locking to the rear on the last round. I have since swapped in the standard buffer and will fire it either next week or the week after--to little time on my hands while I finish my last masters degree course this month. It was smooth, but for fast, efficient reloads, if the bolt carriage is in the forward position, it makes it hard to do quick mag changes.

On another note---thanks Rob for your 2 cents and sanity when I asked this two weeks ago. I'll let you know if it fixes the problem.

Stickman
16 May 2009, 11:59
I have heard a lot of grief, and I can't recall any positive reviews for this item. I will point out that I have NOT used it myself, nor do I think I would go out of my way to do so.

Paulo_Santos
16 May 2009, 13:19
They actually work as advertised. The recoil is reduced dramatically and the weapon barely moves. The only issue is that I don't know if they are reliable enough for a duty gun. And yes, I had the carbine and rifle length versions and put thousands of rounds through them.

TigerStripe
17 May 2009, 23:37
They can be effective in a carbine. I haven't used an Enidine in a rifle system. I have had issues in some carbines with get the bolt to lock but my problem(s) have been limited to inability to lock to the rear manually without an empty mag. Mine will lock to the rear in any of my carbines after the last round and manually, if there is an empty mag.

Have you tried other buffers?

TS