PDA

View Full Version : What's Left On Your Gun Wishlist?

UWone77
28 February 2021, 18:49
So with the looming or always looming bans in the wind, what's left on your list?

I've done a pretty good job scratching off every gun I've ever wanted the last decade, but a few randoms:

Knights 14.5 Upper
Sig MCX SBR
S&W 5906TSW
HK USP9 Fullsize
M&P45 Fullsize

The rest of my list are guns that likely will never see a ban such as:

Marlin 1895
Henry .22 Classic Lever Action
High end 1911 (Nighthawk)

LWRC SMG45 (Maybe)

That's about it for me, what's on your list?

alamo5000
28 February 2021, 20:17
9mm PCC
AR10 probably in 6.5

Those are the two ones closest to the top of my list.

I have a lot more than that but those are more real options in the short term.

VIPER 237
28 February 2021, 20:44
I’m pretty set but I’ve always wanted a Sr-15 LPR, or at least an upper.
I’m also intrigued by KP9 or the AK-V, just can’t find any anywhere
Colt 6960 Mid length carbine

mustangfreek
1 March 2021, 06:57
All these looming bans is driving everything oos it seems

If I could I’d grab a few things, but just no funds for it.. shitty year and not starting 2021 off any better..

9mm pcc of some sort has been high on the list. Scorpion is on top.

MoxyDave
1 March 2021, 13:36
I'm not ready to give up. Fuck these bans. These politicians can eat my shorts.

That said I would like to have a Tavor 12 guage. Got about everything else.

Aragorn
1 March 2021, 14:25
Honestly I’d just be happy getting my SBR finished. I do need another pistol though. Yeah thinking Walther PDP or Sig 320.

BoilerUp
1 March 2021, 17:16
I went on a buying spree before I-1639 was passed so I'm in pretty good shape. I am not buying anything covered under 1639 anymore (which means handguns and semi-auto rifles). Stripped receivers / frames still haven't been implemented so I'll try to grab the Aero 9mm coming out this week. I would love to have an MCX and I should have picked up a Scorpion instead of the Ruger PCC.

Otherwise, I've shifted my gaze to mil-surp bolt guns: I'd like to add a 1903, a Model 1917, and a 98K to the collection.

Tyrannosaur
3 March 2021, 04:35
I need a LMT mws 18 or 20" barrel, would like a nice tacked out lever action and some ZenitCo goodness. Otherwise I just buy because it makes me fake happy .

mustangfreek
3 March 2021, 14:16
More news of more laws coming out today.. damnit..this is one time I wish I had a credit card to get some stuff..ya ya..

Have t had one in 10 plus years.. but all my capital is stuck in my house right now..ugg.. wanted to stash a few of these for down the road for my boys..

RiverRat
3 March 2021, 14:51
For those things that might get hit by the political climate:
- CZ Scorpion EVO (7 3/4" and SBPDW)
- small and light 300BO/9mm suppressor
- SBA3, SBPDW or Taillhook Mod 2 to replace a KAK Blade on a 10.5" AR pistol.
- good 16" SS barrel for the GFY set I still haven't built up

On the less-pressing list:
Dan Wesson Vigil Commander or Guardian (9 mm)
.357 lever action (trapper or short rifle)

My biggest regret is I needed to stock deeper when the price was right .357/38 and didn't quite get there. Should get better eventually.

Aragorn
3 March 2021, 17:17
Well just scratched a new pistol off the list. Purchased an Archon Type B, got delayed though. Hope to pick it in a few days.

eric28
10 June 2021, 07:19
Getting Kimber SVT 22 is the latest on my list

Former11B
10 June 2021, 11:56
Bergara B-14R .22lr

BoilerUp
10 June 2021, 12:05
And since I posted my answer in March, I have added a Barrett MRAD in 300 Norma to the top of my wish list.

tact
10 June 2021, 13:17
And since I posted my answer in March, I have added a Barrett MRAD in 300 Norma to the top of my wish list.

Just go for the deployment kit.....and get all three barrels

BoilerUp
10 June 2021, 13:35

Believe me, I've tried to rationalize that. if it was $10-12K I'd consider it, but best I can tell you pay a $7-10k premium just because it's what they sell to the military. Just like those special P320s with the coyote controls from Sig...

Stone
11 June 2021, 12:25
Always wanted a mini gun. [:D]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtJVHkup9qg

OneGearhead
12 June 2021, 20:41
Everything else I want, shouldn’t be on a ban list if it makes it through.

Just got my VP9.
Just got my high-end 1911.

I want a set of stainless Vaqueros in .45LC with white/pearl handles. Sequential numbers. Just to be fancy. Lol

I want a pretty, blued, possibly case hardened Schofield.

28ga o/u to go with my Beretta 12ga. Doesn’t have to be a Beretta though. Looking at the Stevens 555.

And an all-weather Henry .45-70 to tactical out like Costas lever gun. Thing is so badass!

Maybe a 6.5 Creedmoor bolt-gun.

And a Henry octagon barreled .22LR/.22WMR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrannosaur
12 June 2021, 21:22
I want a Scar 17. I want a KAC or LMT or LWRC, in that order ambi lower. But I'm still in NY with no end in sight. My wife just got a raise and her dream job and had new floors put in.

Uffdaphil
13 June 2021, 04:02
Only a few I realistically still want. An early LMT .308 quad, a Guncrafters 1911 No Name and a nice used S&W .357 3-4” wheelie.

One 7.62x39 wish is 7 weeks into a 20 week wait. Not going to say more until I can post pics in September.

Joelski
13 June 2021, 09:42
For some unknown reason, I still want an ACR or more likely a Robinson XCR-L SBR, That should scratch the last of the ACR/SCAR itch. I want a full-size Fix in 6.5 x 16" CM, Mini FIX in 84 BLK, and a Honeybadger SD. Love him or hate him, KMFB is an innovator in a stale industry, and as much as I love Griffin, it's funny watching those guys get all twisted up when he trolls them about carbon locked taper mounts. TRIGGERED!!! [:D]

My retirement plans include an FFL/SOT with a sample contract so I can roll a few select fire goodies myself, so I hope that doesn't evaporate by the time I have the time to do those things involved in having a modest shop to sell to public and support local LE.

The rest would probably survive all but the most concentrated, crazy, unrealistic overreach imaginable.

Barry in IN
26 December 2021, 00:03
This thread is getting some age on It, but there is never a time limit on a want list unless everything gets scratched off. Like that will happen.

1- I have wanted an Accuracy International rifle for a long time. It got worse when the AX came out. That's #1 on my list. Or a Sako TRG-22, or a Barrett MRAD.

2- An appropriate scope for Item 1.

3- I always wanted a S&W model 27. A 5" please.

4- After that, it's a jumbled mix of easier to get wants. A CZ-75, LW Commander, Marlin 336SC, Ithaca 37 DSPS, on and on.

5- And a BAR. Damn the H&I channel for showing "Combat!" on Saturday nights!

BoilerUp
20 August 2023, 17:47

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sports/Shooting/n-ZgGN2/Barrett-MRAD/i-zcGKtzK/0/cf87b27d/X2/IMG_2610-X2.jpg

UWone77
20 August 2023, 23:01
So with the looming or always looming bans in the wind, what's left on your list?

S&W 5906TSW
Marlin 1895
Henry .22 Classic Lever Action
LWRC SMG45 (Maybe)

Forgot all about this post....

This is what's left from 2 years ago. Granted, not in a rush.... with the rest of the list and unless I move, that SMG45 won't happen.

Tyrannosaur
21 August 2023, 07:36
I want a Scar 17. I want a KAC or LMT or LWRC, in that order ambi lower. But I'm still in NY with no end in sight. My wife just got a raise and her dream job and had new floors put in.
Wow two years and I'm sitting here in SC with more than I ever hoped. Her dream job wasn't more important than getting our kids out of the indoctrination camps pushing gender reassignment and mask mandates etc.
SC has been awesome I feel bad for those still in commie states or the states that are becoming police states

UWone77
21 August 2023, 08:35
Wow two years and I'm sitting here in SC with more than I ever hoped. Her dream job wasn't more important than getting our kids out of the indoctrination camps pushing gender reassignment and mask mandates etc.
SC has been awesome I feel bad for those still in commie states or the states that are becoming police states

Just don't let those solid Red states turn purple or even flip. Liberalism is truly a disease.

TheRifleman
21 August 2023, 09:34
-PSA H&R M16A1 marked clone correct lower receiver.
-PSA Clone correct M4 marked lower receiver.
-PSA Compact Dagger OR
-Glock 43X frame
-Glock G48 MOS
-Glock G34 Gen 5 MOS

Former11B
21 August 2023, 11:24
Just don't let those solid Red states turn purple or even flip. Liberalism is truly a disease.

Yeah 2-3 cities in SC filling up are enough to flip the state. Basically what’s flipping other states as we speak

-PSA H&R M16A1 marked clone correct lower receiver.
-PSA Clone correct M4 marked lower receiver.
-PSA Compact Dagger

I can’t dislike this enough lol

TheRifleman
21 August 2023, 11:55
I can’t dislike this enough lolNo like PSA?

Don't make me show up to a shoot invite with a PSA T shirt while running my Gucci Zev G17 equipped with an RMR T2 and a KAC SR15 URX4 with a an M5B, man!

Stone
21 August 2023, 19:53
I was talking 7.62 with my son and he mentioned his team runs a M110 SASS. I looked it up and, oh what the hell, the deployment kit is only 30K. It looks like a nice setup! So Im gonna add that to my wish list...

Joelski
22 August 2023, 14:12

Had one of those pop up at the LGS and it sold within 20 minutes of posting it on the website. 21k, and the buyer didn't bat an eye at that price tag. Too rich for my blood.

Uffdaphil
22 August 2023, 16:14
With the defacto MN gun registration in effect as of August 1, my wishlist is kaput until I move or the law is repealed. The day before the deadline I settled for a Ruger .357 GP100 3” instead of a preferred S&W. Gave away a bunch of ARs to family and sold my fun, not useful for SHTF guns before the deadline.

On the bright side, I am pleasantly surprised how well the fixed sights Ruger shoots. Better than my semis. which says a lot about me, not the semis.

Stone
22 August 2023, 16:49
Gun registration in Minnesota? Did I miss something???

Uffdaphil
22 August 2023, 17:30
As of 8/1 all person to person sales are required to fill out a state form with photos of driver’s license ( or = ID) and permit to purchase or carry for handguns and ARs. Several pages long. Must be maintained by buyer and seller and presented by demand of police. Must be kept for 10 years.

I say defacto because the state doesn’t maintain the registry, they make the citizen keep it under threat of law. All the info of registration and does not cost the state a cent. I’m sure down the line a copy of the form will need to be filed with the state as is only “reasonable”.

TheRifleman
22 August 2023, 19:48
Seeing as how both WA and MN residents got screwed by Americans-In-Name-Only, I may have to get back to picking up things every chance I can get for a little while more. I don't have much left to want really but I may have just started by impulse buying a Hellion after seeing the above and taking a drive to a shop that I knew had one.

And ordered a blemished factory assembled BCM factory lower online a few minutes ago.

Former11B
23 August 2023, 10:42
I really want accessories more than guns at this point although I’d like a threaded allweather type .30-30 I can hunt with instead of the old classic JM Marlin 336 I used as a kid

Tyrannosaur
23 August 2023, 14:13
It's happening already I'm keeping an eye on it. I see it festering though, Myrtle Beach has been swayed blue and my kids schools are being infected. We moved here to escape it but it followed us it seems. Trans nonsense is here too

Former11B
23 August 2023, 18:42
It's happening already I'm keeping an eye on it. I see it festering though, Myrtle Beach has been swayed blue and my kids schools are being infected. We moved here to escape it but it followed us it seems. Trans nonsense is here too

Typically in cities no matter where you go. MB probably has one of the largest northern influxes in the state besides Greenville, Charleston, NE Columbia to Rock Hill. People who move down to work in Charlotte would rather drive the 90 mins from Blythewood up 77 than live in Charlotte but the entire area is changing due to that.

In the summer, you see more Ohio, Michigan, etc tags in Horry County than SC tags [BD]

Get yourself rural and it’ll subside unless your area gets deemed some magical combo of everything: cheap land, good schools, decent driving distances to the city life they left. That’s what’s happening in my town. Was tiny 10 years ago, now 500 houses are going up within the next 6-12 months within a couple miles of me and that’s just the start. I’m trying to find land further out and book it

Tyrannosaur
24 August 2023, 08:58
Typically in cities no matter where you go. MB probably has one of the largest northern influxes in the state besides Greenville, Charleston, NE Columbia to Rock Hill. People who move down to work in Charlotte would rather drive the 90 mins from Blythewood up 77 than live in Charlotte but the entire area is changing due to that.

In the summer, you see more Ohio, Michigan, etc tags in Horry County than SC tags [BD]

Get yourself rural and it’ll subside unless your area gets deemed some magical combo of everything: cheap land, good schools, decent driving distances to the city life they left. That’s what’s happening in my town. Was tiny 10 years ago, now 500 houses are going up within the next 6-12 months within a couple miles of me and that’s just the start. I’m trying to find land further out and book it

I'm in Horry County and you're right it's a smorgasbord of other states tags. The blue stste nonsense is just beneath the surface. I can't do it I lived 42 years of nonsense and I refuse to do it here.

Joelski
24 August 2023, 17:28
Ohio's been good with respect to 2nd amendment until the recent vote to keep the process for amending the revised code. Even then, it was the three C's that cast the majority of votes, showing that the bulk of Ohioans failed to take it seriously. It wasn't a push for gun rights on the face, so people stayed home; I honestly think if it'd been framed more as a way to take gun freedom, it'd have gotten shot out of the sky. People in big cities gotta keep killin' babies...

TheRifleman
24 August 2023, 19:20
My sister, a former extremist liberal who became a RINO, now a full fledged conservative after moving from MA to NJ, has moved to Ohio and now supports gun ownership.

I don't know what my brother in law has done, but I really want to shake his hand breaking her political POV back to supporting real American values based on our founders.

Joelski
25 August 2023, 04:51
My sister, a former extremist liberal who became a RINO, now a full fledged conservative after moving from MA to NJ, has moved to Ohio and now supports gun ownership.

I don't know what my brother in law has done, but I really want to shake his hand breaking her political POV back to supporting real American values based on our founders.

Good for her and her soul! I don't see how anybody can watch what these politicians (on both sides, but still mostly Dem) are doing and think it's okay. A behavioral emergency is defined as something that isn't tolerated by society, and the largest part of society still thinks it's not okay to parade men in dresses in front of other people's kids. Or the people who think a longstanding criminal is a hero and cops should be penalized for doing their jobs. Not that there aren't lousy cops, but the largest part didn't deserve the defund movement put forth by the left.

Uffdaphil
28 August 2023, 09:30
Since I’m not buying anything serialized until MN law changes, I changed my wish for a MWS .308 to an MRP 5.56 since I have that MARS lower from my last build. With the .357 GP 100 compromise and calling my Springer TRP a poor man’s Guncrafter, my wishlist is fullfilled.

Arrived an hour ago - LMT 16” Shovelnose. Mount some BUIS, a light, fingerstop and Griffin taper mount and I’m good to go. Anyone think I should swap the A5 for standard tube?

Computalotapus
10 October 2023, 08:41
Looking to add a nice lever gun to the collection. Looking at the Henry .45-70 side gate. My brother does a lot of elk hunting and I have gone with him the last 2 years working glass and helping with the pack-out. Figured the .45-70 would be a nice rifle to have along. Haven't had a bear or cougar encounter yet but if we do I think that round will do the job nicely.

BoilerUp
10 October 2023, 21:13
Looking to add a nice lever gun to the collection. Looking at the Henry .45-70 side gate. My brother does a lot of elk hunting and I have gone with him the last 2 years working glass and helping with the pack-out. Figured the .45-70 would be a nice rifle to have along. Haven't had a bear or cougar encounter yet but if we do I think that round will do the job nicely.

My son has a little Henry youth 22LR. That thing is a hoot.

TheRifleman
11 October 2023, 12:37
Currently in the planning stages on my swan song mini recce upper. When I saw that all I needed was a 6 ARC barrel in 12.5, a 6.5G BCG, and another Surefire can mount in 308, the wheels started turning.

Went on Tacswap and traded for a BCM stripped upper. Was going to use one of my others but decided at the last minute to just get another upper and keep those uppers as spare parts only for emergency repairs.

TheRifleman
21 November 2023, 07:53
In a few more weeks I'll finally be able to cross off a Tavor on my list. I'm thinking Geissele trigger pack, Geissele trigger bow, IWI lefty conversion kit, Manticore selector extension, and I should be done with it right?

Model is the X95 16.5. Already have the Warcomp closed tine for it, a spare Surefire scout, and an Aimpoint Duty not doing anything. I figure after this, save for the RC3, and be done with it.

Uffdaphil
21 November 2023, 09:24
It is hard not to put a Tavor in my bucket. I did add the DD MK18 since Brownells had the stripped upper on sale - receiver/quad rail/barrel. $180 off with coupon.

TheRifleman
21 November 2023, 14:18
Dude was offering his Tavor on another site. I made an offer, he accepted.

This all started when I started asking about rifles other than the AR15 or AR10 as I was Armalite heavy and bored at this point in time. So a guy from an entirely different site that lives local to me said that if I wanted I could come over and see his bullpups to decide for myself. I so really wanted to like the Hellion, the AUG was quite disappointing, but I fell in instant love with his Tavor and just had to get one for myself.

Turns out that this guy that's local is also personal friends with Roger Wang from FCD, and Roger and I talk daily almost. Small world.

alamo5000
21 November 2023, 14:34
Speaking to the original post... I would say getting a really nice high end 2011 style race gun is something that has consistently been on my list.

I have a lot of stuff that looks cool or is something that I would buy if I had spare coin...but as far as something that's been consistently on my list that I will eventually acquire...

Stone
21 November 2023, 19:26
I still want a mini gun! Maybe santee claus or UW will get me one for christmas... Bwhahahahaha...

UWone77
21 November 2023, 22:37
I still want a mini gun! Maybe santee claus or UW will get me one for christmas... Bwhahahahaha...

Ha... I was distracted by TRLEF with the 5:1 reverse split, and then it tanking to pre reverse prices.

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.

Stone
22 November 2023, 17:51
Holy cow! You still holding that stock??? If you want a few penny stocks that will do really well buy ARSMF and IZOZF... I just pulled in a few grand on BLQC... I will probably buy in again next week. Ares and IZO are long term holds for me. You are using stop loss orders right???

Stone
22 November 2023, 17:53
Im gonna shift our conversation over to that other thread...

FortTom
22 November 2023, 21:22
Im gonna shift our conversation over to that other thread...Nevermind......

UWone77
22 November 2023, 22:37
Nevermind......

Well .... look who the cat dragged in!

FortTom
23 November 2023, 01:01
Well .... look who the cat dragged in!You can't trust those damned cats for a second ...[:D]
FT[:D]

Joelski
24 November 2023, 05:52
Well .... look who the cat coughed-up!

FIFY

[:D]

TheRifleman
24 November 2023, 08:23
Im gonna shift our conversation over to that other thread...

Ah, a hidden thread in a forum area I'm not allowed I take it? I get it, no one wants the newb in on it lol.

UWone77
24 November 2023, 11:26
Ah, a hidden thread in a forum area I'm not allowed I take it? I get it, no one wants the newb in on it lol.

It's not hidden, it's the Investing in precious metals thread.