PDA

View Full Version : The tale of BRD and a DDM4

shadco
16 May 2009, 10:42
Thanks to David for spending a bunch of time with me on the phone.

BRD will be sated for at least a short period of time.

Soon a slightly tweaked DDM4 will be winging it's way east from it's point of origin in the Great Northwest.

With a few changes

DD 12" Lite Rail FDE
Vltor Emod Stock FDE
I'll add a front Flip sight once I decide which one I want, I'll prolly swap out the rear BUIS for an LMT, A Magpul Moe grip in FDE, and add an Aimpoint but I'm unsure which one at this point.

Thanks to the reasonable folks at Rainier Arms for helping out with this.

Stickman
16 May 2009, 11:19
I'm curious why you would swap out the DD rear BUIS for the LMT. I have LMT rear sights, and like them, but the A1 style windage adjustment knob is bombproof, and its just about impossible to knock out of place, even if its stepped on.

On a side note, the DD Lite rail should go good with it. I've got a few carbines set up with the DD 12.0 lite rail on a 16" barrel. Its a nice setup.

shadco
16 May 2009, 11:34
My thought is tight groups with irons out beyond 100 yds. It's something I like to do it seems to me the elevation (range adjustments) would be handy. I'm not married to the idea and I have to admit the DD buis does look bombproof.

Got any pics with a 12" rail? FDE?

Stickman
16 May 2009, 11:56
My thought is tight groups with irons out beyond 100 yds. It's something I like to do it seems to me the elevation (range adjustments) would be handy. I'm not married to the idea and I have to admit the DD buis does look bombproof.

Got any pics with a 12" rail? FDE?

If you are using the adjustment knob on a regular basis, you are one of the very few that do, and in that case, it would make sense. Out to several hundred meters I am making body shots without sight corrections.

Here is the DD RIS II, which is FDE. The current DD FDE rails are a bit lighter IIRC.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Daniel%20Defense%20II/IMG_0060%201028%20Stick.jpg