PDA

View Full Version : New build completed!

OneGearhead
18 April 2021, 11:57
This is the fastest I’ve ever built a rifle, for my personal use, and ironically, it’s also the most expensive! Haha.

Parts list:

Lower-Aero Thunder Ranch LE
Upper-Aero M4E1 threaded
Barrel-Ballistic Advantage 14.7” pencil profile, mid-length gas system, with Melonite gas tube
Flash Hider-Ultradyne Nighthawk
Gas Block-Faxon lightweight low-profile .625”
Handguard- Faxon Streamline 13” M-Lok
Grip & foregrip-Tyrant Design Pro Mod
Trigger-Geissele flat-bow Single Stage Precision
BCG-Brownells nitride 5.56
Stock-MFT Minimalist
Buffer tube-Brownells mil-spec
LPK-CMMG builders kit
Parts from V Seven Weapon Systems-ultralight forward assist, Hybrid 3-gun 57/90 ambi safety, extended mag release button, Ultralight S7 bolt catch
Charging Handle-Radian Raptor
Sights-YHM QDS
Red dot- Sig Romeo5

Total price: $1890

After scoring one of those lowers, I definitely wanted to do lightweight, without going full carbon/titanium. That is not in my price range at all. I’ll go ahead and admit that. After all is said and done, I weighed it at 6.2lbs. I’m happy with it! Points fast and instinctively. Ranges are currently closed until 5/1. I can’t wait to get out and shoot it once they open back up.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210418/1faf99a0a5841444122a40aeb6878d1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry R
18 April 2021, 15:19
Very nicely done!

Joelski
18 April 2021, 16:26
Well done!

UWone77
19 April 2021, 12:20
Congrats on just getting enough parts together for a build in this day and age!

OneGearhead
23 April 2021, 06:23
Thanks for the kind words guys!! I think I’m gonna go ahead and start on my next build too, based off a color-filled Snowflake lower. It’s gonna be a bit of a wacky, just-for-fun, range-attention-getter build. Haha. See how it goes though. Already running into a snafu trying to find an 18/20” rifle length gas setup with a staked F-marked FSB so I can run a delta ring setup on it. I can find the marked FSB, but no barrels are currently in stock.

Joelski
23 April 2021, 13:20
Thanks for the kind words guys!! I think I’m gonna go ahead and start on my next build too, based off a color-filled Snowflake lower. It’s gonna be a bit of a wacky, just-for-fun, range-attention-getter build. Haha. See how it goes though. Already running into a snafu trying to find an 18/20” rifle length gas setup with a staked F-marked FSB so I can run a delta ring setup on it. I can find the marked FSB, but no barrels are currently in stock.

https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-ultramatch-mod2-223-wylde-barrel-20/

From the Mothership. As Mr Know-it-all would say, "You really should have known". [:D]

Free Tango Down FDE Battle Grip to the player that can name the man behind the persona, and magazine that statement was quoted from...

OneGearhead
23 April 2021, 14:51

From the Mothership. As Mr Know-it-all would say, "You really should have known". [:D]

Free Tango Down FDE Battle Grip to the player that can name the man behind the persona, and magazine that statement was quoted from...

$400!??! For a single barrel. Cheese and crackers. Haha. But. My fault. I didn’t give a budget. I only thought Proof/Shilen/etc were that expensive. WOW!

Joelski
23 April 2021, 15:10
Criterion's just as good!

Joelski
23 April 2021, 15:12
^^^ I was being facetious! [:D]

Stone
23 April 2021, 16:55

Mr. KIA is from Dirt bike magazine... https://dirtbikemagazine.com/category/how-to/maintenance/

Joelski
24 April 2021, 07:59
That was my "cell phone" when I was a kid. Not nearly the screen time kids get nowadays, but I'm talking way before the website. Good times. And between Vic Krause, Rick Sieman and Jody Weisel over at MXA, they were all great story tellers, and I tried everything at home! :D

Shoot me your address and I'll send you the grip!

Joelski
24 April 2021, 08:05
Motocross was my passion from the time I was a little kid until the docs told me "no more" and in a large part why my Titanium collection looks like this:

Stone
26 April 2021, 10:24
That was my "cell phone" when I was a kid. Not nearly the screen time kids get nowadays, but I'm talking way before the website. Good times. And between Vic Krause, Rick Sieman and Jody Weisel over at MXA, they were all great story tellers, and I tried everything at home! :D

Shoot me your address and I'll send you the grip!

Yeah the good old days! I still ride my 05 250YZF like I stole it, I will always be a throttle junkie. Since I have several grips laying around why dont we donate it to the OP of this thread if he wants it???

Joelski
26 April 2021, 17:23
I'm down with that.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

OneGearhead
5 May 2021, 17:44
Yeah the good old days! I still ride my 05 250YZF like I stole it, I will always be a throttle junkie. Since I have several grips laying around why dont we donate it to the OP of this thread if he wants it???

That’s very much appreciated, but I have a few spare grips laying around myself. Isn’t there a pay it forward thread somewhere on the forum? I vote donate it to someone who is more in need of one than myself.

eric28
10 June 2021, 07:14
This is the fastest I’ve ever built a rifle, for my personal use, and ironically, it’s also the most expensive! Haha.

Parts list:

Lower-Aero Thunder Ranch LE
Upper-Aero M4E1 threaded
Barrel-Ballistic Advantage 14.7” pencil profile, mid-length gas system, with Melonite gas tube
Flash Hider-Ultradyne Nighthawk
Gas Block-Faxon lightweight low-profile .625”
Handguard- Faxon Streamline 13” M-Lok
Grip & foregrip-Tyrant Design Pro Mod
Trigger-Geissele flat-bow Single Stage Precision
BCG-Brownells nitride 5.56
Stock-MFT Minimalist
Buffer tube-Brownells mil-spec
LPK-CMMG builders kit
Parts from V Seven Weapon Systems-ultralight forward assist, Hybrid 3-gun 57/90 ambi safety, extended mag release button, Ultralight S7 bolt catch
Charging Handle-Radian Raptor
Sights-YHM QDS
Red dot- Sig Romeo5

Total price: $1890

After scoring one of those lowers, I definitely wanted to do lightweight, without going full carbon/titanium. That is not in my price range at all. I’ll go ahead and admit that. After all is said and done, I weighed it at 6.2lbs. I’m happy with it! Points fast and instinctively. Ranges are currently closed until 5/1. I can’t wait to get out and shoot it once they open back up.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210418/1faf99a0a5841444122a40aeb6878d1d.jpg

That's a nice job. Weldone

BoilerUp
10 June 2021, 12:08

eric28, are you internet's first compliment-bot? If so, I need to get you deployed to my work email...

OneGearhead
11 June 2021, 19:26

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

FortTom
8 September 2022, 18:01
Necro posting, I know, but nice weapon. Looks light too! Weird, but as I get a bit older, I'm likely to pull out a "bit" heavier rifle, than one of my lighter ones. I'm guessing that as I age a bit, I'm losing a bit of steadiness, and the extra couple of ounces on a "heavier" gun might just be "buffering" that a bit. Anyway, missed this when it was a new and current post. Nice job.
FT[:D]

Joelski
9 September 2022, 12:14
Necro posting, I know, but nice weapon. Looks light too! Weird, but as I get a bit older, I'm likely to pull out a "bit" heavier rifle, than one of my lighter ones. I'm guessing that as I age a bit, I'm losing a bit of steadiness, and the extra couple of ounces on a "heavier" gun might just be "buffering" that a bit. Anyway, missed this when it was a new and current post. Nice job.
FT[:D]

It's just part of tastefully aging. When you're young, you chase those rail-thin model type girls, and then after years of getting battered to death, railing a skeleton, you learn to like a little something to hold on to! [:D]