PDA

View Full Version : Fortis Mfg - Enhanced Detent & Spring Kit

BoltFace927
22 July 2021, 14:00
Fortis Mfg - Enhanced Detent & Spring Kit

https://fortismfg.com/enhanceddetentandspringkit

Description:

The Fortis Enhanced Detent & Spring Kit cuts no corners.
Using high grade Stainless Steel (17-4 detents & 17-7 springs)
the corrosion resistance properties will enhance your
firearms reliability in the harshest environments.

Features:

Detent Material 17-4 Stainless Steel (H900 Heat Treated)
Spring Material 17-7 Stainless Steel
Made in the USA

Contents:

2x Takedown/Pivot Detent
2x Takedown/Pivot Spring
1x Safety Selector Detent
1x Safety Selector Spring
1x Buffer Retainer
1x Buffer Retainer Spring
1x Bolt Catch Plunger
1x Bolt Catch Spring
1x Magazine Catch Spring

Stone
22 July 2021, 15:09
Its nice to see the small AR parts are getting attention. The quality of the run of the mill mil spec parts has drastically gone downhill. I recently discovered a forward assist that was out of spec. that had been causing ejection issues by slowing down the BCG, IE: it was to long. Definitely was not on the list of cures for weak ejection. Also has a safety selector detent on my sons rifle break and render the safety useless while running some drills.

BoltFace927
23 July 2021, 10:44
It's crazy what mil spec is. Most of the detents are zinc coated 1025 steel. 1025 is known to be an inexpensive easy to machine steel. I am excited to get my hands on a few of these kits.

Its nice to see the small AR parts are getting attention. The quality of the run of the mill mil spec parts has drastically gone downhill. I recently discovered a forward assist that was out of spec. that had been causing ejection issues by slowing down the BCG, IE: it was to long. Definitely was not on the list of cures for weak ejection. Also has a safety selector detent on my sons rifle break and render the safety useless while running some drills.

Joelski
23 July 2021, 14:17
FWIW, Geissele sells an enhanced LPK too. I was told to stick with Colt, but that stuff is near impossible to find in kit form. I trust the stuff from Aero and DSG, too.

BoltFace927
26 July 2021, 16:07
The Geissele website states key components are SS. Does anybody know which parts are SS and what kind of SS?

FWIW, Geissele sells an enhanced LPK too. I was told to stick with Colt, but that stuff is near impossible to find in kit form. I trust the stuff from Aero and DSG, too.

BoilerUp
26 July 2021, 20:34
anyone ever have a detent or plunger fail?

Stone
27 July 2021, 09:59
Yes, post #2

BoilerUp
27 July 2021, 13:03
Yes, post #2

ah, I missed your last sentence. There you go. Yeah, an inop safety because of a detent is bad. Potentially bring down the whole system because one of the cheapest parts on the whole platform. I'm surprised one of those would fail, but they get a lot of use compared to other parts, like the take down pins.

Thanks.

Joelski
27 July 2021, 14:14
The Geissele website states key components are SS. Does anybody know which parts are SS and what kind of SS?

Looking at mine, I'd say just the detents.

Edit:
Made from proprietary Geissele designs out of Stainless Steel, the Geissele Super Duty LPK ensures a much longer life-span and a much lower chance of rusting or failing in extreme conditions and heavy use.

And
The Geissele Posi-Snap safety is made from 400 series stainless steel

I just have a super duty kit. Not sure about the standard, or ultra.