PDA

View Full Version : MEC Gar magazines?

FortTom
11 November 2021, 15:42
Anyone here ever tried Mec Gar brand magazines for .45 ACP? If so, how was your experience with them? Thanks ahead.

FT[:D]

MoxyDave
11 November 2021, 15:51
I can't speak to 1911 or other .45 mags, but I have used many Mec-Gar mags over the years. They have all been very high quality and I never experienced any issues with them. Mec-Gar makes factory mags for many well-known gun manufacturers, is a family-owned business and they've been around for over 50 years. I would not hesitate to try them.

FortTom
11 November 2021, 16:01
I can't speak to 1911 or other .45 mags, but I have used many Mec-Gar mags over the years. They have all been very high quality and I never experienced any issues with them. Mec-Gar makes factory mags for many well-known gun manufacturers, is a family-owned business and they've been around for over 50 years. I would not hesitate to try them.

Thanks MD, I think I can get a "deal" on some, but I don't believe, or remember that I've ever tried them.

Eric
11 November 2021, 19:15
Mec-Gar makes good mags and has been around for a long time. I've used them for a Kimber 1911, Sigs and Berettas. Back in the olden days when I carried a 92FS they got a fair amount of use and worked great.

FortTom
11 November 2021, 20:56
Mec-Gar makes good mags and has been around for a long time. I've used them for a Kimber 1911, Sigs and Berettas. Back in the olden days when I carried a 92FS they got a fair amount of use and worked great.

Thanks.[:D]

Jerry R
12 November 2021, 05:24
I have not used them. Having said that, Springfield selected them for production of magazines for their SA-35.

FortTom
12 November 2021, 06:35
I have not used them. Having said that, Springfield selected them for production of magazines for their SA-35.[:D]

mustangfreek
12 November 2021, 07:04
They are oem manufacturers for some big name companies… ;)

FortTom
12 November 2021, 15:19
They are oem manufacturers for some big name companies… ;)
Thanks everyone, scored some today!
FT