PDA

View Full Version : Help for build for my Nephew

rxer311
8 January 2022, 15:40
My Nephew Josh is an awesome dude. He turned 18 years old in October and is a freshman at Liberty University. He is a straight A student and was the captain of his high school baseball team. His dad is an abusive shitbag and Josh disowned him a few years ago and my sister does the best she can for him.

For his birthday I gave him one of my spare lowers and a PMAG. The plan was that he would pick up a PSA build kit at Christmas and I would help him put it together. He had been saving his cash to get the kit and then on his way home from College, the transmission in his car blew up and was basically worthless so he had to buy another cheap car and then throw a bunch of money at that one as well to get it running well. So now he has no cash left. I have been trying to scrape together some of the small parts that I have laying around to help him out. I was hoping that there may be some dudes on here that may be able to help me get together some of the smaller parts he needs to get him rolling along. I almost have a LPK together for him but am missing all the mag release parts and a fcg. Also need a buffer assembly.

If anybody has some small parts to help me help him I would appreciate it. I am not financially hurting but could use some help trying to help him out! Used/Ugly parts are okay as long as they are serviceable. I have been getting quite decent and using duracoat so I can throw a coat on for him at the end.

Thanks guys!

Per advice from apmecdaniel here are the parts that I currently have (will update when I find/buy):

Since I actually have almost everything I am going to update the list with what I need.

1. Barrel
2. Gas block and gas tube
3. Rail or handguard
4. Stock
5. Sights

You guys have pretty much supplied the entire rifle besides the lower and lower parts I already had! Amazing.

I will document the build when Josh gets back from Liberty on spring break.

apmcdaniel
8 January 2022, 15:47
Can you make a list of missing/needed parts? I've got a milspec upper receiver you can have, etc. Judy need a list. Plus that way you can keep track of what is covered so you don't end up with 5 FCGs but missing other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxer311
8 January 2022, 15:55
Good idea brother.

At the moment I only have a stripped lower, some mags, and the lower parts I mentioned. He doesn't know I am trying to pool together other parts for him. I will update my OP with what I have.

Jerry R
8 January 2022, 15:57
I have buffer tubes, springs, end plates, etc. Make a list.

apmcdaniel
8 January 2022, 15:58
Great! I'll message you to get an address, should be able to send a care package this coming week. I think it's great to help a young person get started with Firearms, and an AR build is a great beginning point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxer311
8 January 2022, 16:05
Best part is they have a really nice range down there at Liberty...and he can keep his AR there on Campus stored at the range!

Stone
8 January 2022, 21:05
New Milspec bolt, firing pin, FP retaining pin, NIB cam pin all new.
H2 buffer and silicon spring both new. I see Jerry has the springs so I will throw this one in as an extra for him.
Charging handle, new.
A2 flash hider, used. New crush washer
2- 30 round Pmags since I have a kazillion of them...[:D]
Do you need a trigger gaurd??

rxer311
8 January 2022, 21:55
New Milspec bolt, firing pin, FP retaining pin, NIB cam pin all new.
H2 buffer and silicon spring both new. I see Jerry has the springs so I will throw this one in as an extra for him.
Charging handle, new.
A2 flash hider, used. New crush washer
2- 30 round Pmags since I have a kazillion of them...[:D]
Do you need a trigger gaurd??

Thanks man! I don't need a trigger gaurd. I gave him a lower from spikes with an integral trigger guard.

Jerry R
9 January 2022, 05:32
Shipping today:

LWRC six position mil-spec buffer tube and carbine spring with castle nut and end-plate
Enhanced Buffer Retaining pin and spring
Take-down and pivot pins with springs and detents
A2 Grip with screw
Bolt catch with pin and spring
Firing pin retaining pin
Safety detent and spring (sorry, do not have a spare safety)

Edit: Today is Sunday ... will ship tomorrow.

rxer311
9 January 2022, 05:36
You guys are the best.

Stone
9 January 2022, 08:05
I have a few standard safety selectors, should I put one in the box?

rxer311
9 January 2022, 08:08
I have a few standard safety selectors, should I put one in the box?

Got most of the lower parts. The only things I really still need are a mag release and fcg. Thanks again.

Stone
9 January 2022, 08:15
Cool, got it... I will put an extra steel weight in with the parts in case you need to switch the H2 to an H1. I just looked at my parts bin again and actually have several ambi LWRC safety selectors. I switched all mine out to Talons a while back so if you want an ambi selector its yours...

Jerry R
9 January 2022, 08:19
Got most of the lower parts. The only things I really still need are a mag release and fcg. Thanks again.

I will adjust the box to include a mag release / pin / spring, and a Colt LE6920 FCG.

Joelski
9 January 2022, 08:21
I have a USGI trigger and mag release you're welcome to. PM me your ship to info and I'll get it out tomorrow.

Dammit. missed it by that much.

Jerry R
9 January 2022, 08:41
The box is sealed, and will go out in the morning. Not changing the contents now. I did remove the A2 pistol grip, per request from Rob. Said he had one.

rxer311
9 January 2022, 08:49
I have a USGI trigger and mag release you're welcome to. PM me your ship to info and I'll get it out tomorrow.

Dammit. missed it by that much.

Missed it but thank you for offering! This group is always willing to help out and it is humbling.

rxer311
9 January 2022, 08:51
Looks like I will pretty much have a complete lower and a stripped upper with CH bolt and firing pin. Amazing everybody.

Joelski
9 January 2022, 09:09
It's always awesome to bring a new shooter in, and get him, or her started, build some confidence and respect for the firearm, and see them become an enthusiast. Great work, rxer!

rxer311
9 January 2022, 09:29
It's always awesome to bring a new shooter in, and get him, or her started, build some confidence and respect for the firearm, and see them become an enthusiast. Great work, rxer!

I also taught my sister (Josh's Mom) to shoot and she ended up with an M&P Shield EZ 9mm. Josh also learned to shoot my CZ P07.

rxer311
13 January 2022, 12:12
Stuff started rolling in for Josh's build today. Got the buffer assembly, FCG, and lower parts today. This group always amazes me. Truly, thank you.

mustangfreek
14 January 2022, 00:08
I’m late to the party, but good job guys.

Once sort it out, speak up if anymore is needed, I’m slowly unpacking from a move and finding misc crap everywhere..lol

rxer311
14 January 2022, 07:04
I’m late to the party, but good job guys.

Once sort it out, speak up if anymore is needed, I’m slowly unpacking from a move and finding misc crap everywhere..lol

Will do!

Stone
14 January 2022, 21:47
Sorry brother but I got real busy last week and couldnt get it out yet. Will get it boxed up this weekend and will go out Monday...

rxer311
15 January 2022, 06:35
Sorry brother but I got real busy last week and couldnt get it out yet. Will get it boxed up this weekend and will go out Monday...

Not in a hurry.

Stone
18 January 2022, 10:13
Just went out this morning, I forgot yesterday was a holiday...

Stone
20 January 2022, 09:09
@ RXER Your mailbox is full, you need to delete some messages... Tried to PM you with the tracking number...

rxer311
20 January 2022, 12:55
Just cleaned it out Stone. Not in a hurry.

Stone
21 January 2022, 17:49
PM sent...

UWone77
29 January 2022, 21:09
Most of my stuff is packed away still... but what's left on the list?

mustangfreek
30 January 2022, 20:13
So still need barrel, handguard?

What else?

rxer311
31 January 2022, 08:00
Cheap stock, gas block. Bolt Carrier. I have a bolt and bolt parts thanks to Stone. Thanks.

rxer311
31 January 2022, 08:05
Since I actually have almost everything I am going to update the list with what I need.

1. Barrel
3. Rail or handguard
4. Stock
5. Sights

You guys have pretty much supplied the entire rifle besides the lower and lower parts I already had! Amazing.

alamo5000
31 January 2022, 09:22

1. Barrel
3. Rail or handguard
4. Stock
5. Sights

What kind of sites are you hoping to get? RDS? Flip up? LPVO?

rxer311
1 February 2022, 06:59
Flip up or irons. Teach him the basics first. I can always get some magpuls for it cheap so not really concerned about it.

alamo5000
1 February 2022, 10:17
Flip up or irons. Teach him the basics first. I can always get some magpuls for it cheap so not really concerned about it.

Send me a PM with your name and address. I will throw in a set of Griffin flip ups.

rxer311
2 February 2022, 07:30
Send me a PM with your name and address. I will throw in a set of Griffin flip ups.

Thank you!

When I think that you have given all there is to give, somebody comes through with more!

Josh just told me he won't be home for Spring Break as he is actually going on a mission trip over spring break.

I just want to let you all know that this kid deserves it.