Aimpoint Duty RDS (Red Dot Sight) Sight for Law Enforcement

Designed for Law Enforcement

Recessed lens protect against scratches and impact damage
Waterproof – windage and elevation adjustments sealed without the need for caps
Always Ready
Always On
One piece torsion nut mount affixes optic securely to Picatinny rail
Configured for absolute co-witness
30,000 hours of continuous use on setting 7 (More than 3 years)
Uses a standard CR2032 battery
Side mounted battery compartment for easy access

UWone77
11 January 2022, 09:42
https://vimeo.com/662348660

SINNER
11 January 2022, 11:48
How will they sell another T2?

UWone77
11 January 2022, 12:10
How will they sell another T2?

When they sold the PRO, it killed off the M3 line. I think you raise a valid point.

I saw that this will be in the $500 range, so I'm curious to see what the street price is. They're still selling H1's on the Aimpoint website for $475, and they ran out of $499 T1's. As long as they stay in the high 400's, I think the T1's and H1's are on their way out first.

SINNER
11 January 2022, 13:02
They have $499 retail on their site. With the torsion nut mount. I figured they just dropped the NV capability like normal but they didn't.

Tyrannosaur
11 January 2022, 17:28
Those look cool but not cool enough to get rid of my t2s. But if I need a new rds that'll be on my radar
I'll wait til some YouTuber puts it through hell and it sees some real world use before I get excited.
Wonder how the dot does with astigmatism

gatordev
11 January 2022, 18:17
Wonder how the dot does with astigmatism

I was wondering that too. The T-2's lens treatment was a significant improvement over the T-1 for dealing with an astigmatism, especially when magnified. If this has that same treatment, then it's a home run.

Joelski
11 January 2022, 20:21
I barely had a T2 for two weeks, and this comes along... oh well, I wanted it and I got it.

Tyrannosaur
12 January 2022, 06:23
I barely had a T2 for two weeks, and this comes along... oh well, I wanted it and I got it.

T2 still has better specs and it's battle proven. This is like the Pro. It wasn't as tough, long lasting or as good as the M5 but it cost less so it took the M5 line out. I prefer my M5 over a pro. I would still prefer a t2 over this from what I'm seeing

UWone77
12 January 2022, 09:43
T2 still has better specs and it's battle proven. This is like the Pro. It wasn't as tough, long lasting or as good as the M5 but it cost less so it took the M5 line out. I prefer my M5 over a pro. I would still prefer a t2 over this from what I'm seeing

The M5 is the AA battery micro.

The PRO basically took the M3/ML3 line out, even though the M3 had a 50k battery life vs 30K for the PRO.

I wish this optic was more like $399. That would have crushed the MRO in their price range. Still pretty good price considering the specs and the fact Aimpoint other offerings, the T1/T2/M5 have really gone up in price. The MSRP of the T2 is now $809. You can get upper end LVPO's for that.

Tyrannosaur
12 January 2022, 11:35
Ah yes my bad it is the m3.

UWone77
22 January 2022, 13:50
Looking around Proven Outfitters has them in stock now for MSRP $499

Aimpoint directly has them for $449 through their LE/MIL discount.

The specs are lower than the T1/T2's but that's a pretty good starting price.

alamo5000
22 January 2022, 15:34
Looking around Proven Outfitters has them in stock now for MSRP $499

Aimpoint directly has them for $449 through their LE/MIL discount.

The specs are lower than the T1/T2's but that's a pretty good starting price.

Just curious about what exactly are the differences between the T2 and these. I'm not super versed in RDS specs.

Joelski
23 January 2022, 11:05
The M5 is the AA battery micro.

The PRO basically took the M3/ML3 line out, even though the M3 had a 50k battery life vs 30K for the PRO.

I wish this optic was more like $399. That would have crushed the MRO in their price range. Still pretty good price considering the specs and the fact Aimpoint other offerings, the T1/T2/M5 have really gone up in price. The MSRP of the T2 is now $809. You can get upper end LVPO's for that.

Aimpoint has a good LE/Mil sale going on right now until Feb, and it's sitting at $449 with the torsion nut mount and spacer.

BoilerUp
23 January 2022, 14:10
Wow, just $34 more than a Pro. Are the days of $350 Pros over? Haven't seen one that cheap in a long time.

I never realized that vets qualified for the Aimpoint discount. I just created an account and upload my DD214. I might use that to pic up an ACRO later this year.

FortTom
26 January 2022, 13:11
[:D] Story of my life.....sighhhhhhhhhh.

rg0634249
2 September 2022, 02:07
I saw that this will be in the $500 range, so I'm curious to see what the street price is. They're still selling H1's on the Aimpoint website for $475, and they ran out of $499 T1's. As long as they stay in the high 400's, I think the T1's and H1's are on their way out first.
hellodear.in (https://hellodear.in/)

teatv download (https://teatv.ltd/)

UWone77
2 September 2022, 17:26

You can find them for $450.

I've seen them as low as $430...

FortTom
12 September 2022, 19:35
You can find them for $450.

I've seen them as low as $430...

I'm checking a Duty RDS on aimpoint's website. The Vet/LEO/First Responder section of the site may have some good deals. I've got to send them my doc's tomorrow to verify my status. I'm real curious to see how much of a discount they give. Can buy up to two optics a year for individual (non-agency) purchases. Maybe get a deal on a Duty RDS?

FT

Default.mp3
12 September 2022, 20:44
I'm checking a Duty RDS on aimpoint's website. The Vet/LEO/First Responder section of the site may have some good deals. I've got to send them my doc's tomorrow to verify my status. I'm real curious to see how much of a discount they give. Can buy up to two optics a year for individual (non-agency) purchases. Maybe get a deal on a Duty RDS?

FTStrohman Enterprises handily beats the Aimpoint pricing if you qualify for their pro pricing. Great bunch of folks, I've been getting my Aimpoints through them for years now.

UWone77
13 September 2022, 07:41
Strohman Enterprises handily beats the Aimpoint pricing if you qualify for their pro pricing. Great bunch of folks, I've been getting my Aimpoints through them for years now.

What kind of outfit is that? MIL? LE? Some kind of other specialty discount? I see they don't have any prices listed, just "contact us"

Default.mp3
13 September 2022, 18:35
What kind of outfit is that? MIL? LE? Some kind of other specialty discount? I see they don't have any prices listed, just "contact us"AFAIK, they typically cater toward first responders/military, I got in with them when I was with my VFD, and was first introduced to them on Lightfighter. I have to ask for a price list, and then email them what I want. A little archaic, but their prices are excellent if you qualify, and I have found their customer service wonderful, too. I know more than a few folks have received optics before they even have a chance to pay, with Strohman trusting that you would pay the invoice even after you received the optic.

They've gotten shout-outs multiple times on SoldierSystems, too.

Joelski
14 September 2022, 15:17
AFAIK, they typically cater toward first responders/military, I got in with them when I was with my VFD, and was first introduced to them on Lightfighter. I have to ask for a price list, and then email them what I want. A little archaic, but their prices are excellent if you qualify, and I have found their customer service wonderful, too. I know more than a few folks have received optics before they even have a chance to pay, with Strohman trusting that you would pay the invoice even after you received the optic.

Sounds like they're worth a look, thanks man!

UWone77
14 September 2022, 21:36
AFAIK, they typically cater toward first responders/military, I got in with them when I was with my VFD, and was first introduced to them on Lightfighter. I have to ask for a price list, and then email them what I want. A little archaic, but their prices are excellent if you qualify, and I have found their customer service wonderful, too. I know more than a few folks have received optics before they even have a chance to pay, with Strohman trusting that you would pay the invoice even after you received the optic.

You've got me interested. Will have to reach out for the price list. Thanks.

FortTom
15 September 2022, 13:45
You've got me interested. Will have to reach out for the price list. Thanks. UW, let us know when you find out.
I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on the Aimpoint site at $459. If the other outfit is only a couple of bucks cheaper, I'll just stay with Aimpoint's program. PS, clean out your friggin MSG box.:mad:

Joelski
15 September 2022, 15:29
You can kind of get an idea on prices from the GSA link on the home page.

FortTom
15 September 2022, 16:53
You can kind of get an idea on prices from the GSA link on the home page.
$428 on the GSA page. Don't know about individuals. Guess I'll wait until someone figures all of this out. I'm in no hurry, actually, since I have to another buffer tube assy. Somehow I accidently ordered the .308 version. Got to send it back.
FT[:D]

Default.mp3
15 September 2022, 18:29
UW, let us know when you find out.
I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on the Aimpoint site at $459. If the other outfit is only a couple of bucks cheaper, I'll just stay with Aimpoint's program. PS, clean out your friggin MSG box.:mad:Strohman's pricing advantage, IME, isn't just that it has lower quoted pricing than Aimpoint's own pro deal, but that they also don't charge sales tax, which Aimpoint does for me. Strohman will also put you down on a list for purchasing if they are backordered, instead of needing to wait for a restock email to come in from Aimpoint and then scrambling to order one before they go OOS (which is how I got all of my ACRO P-2s, just getting on the list and waiting).

I'll also say that the GSA pricing you mentioned is basically the same price as Strohman's for the Duty RDS.

FortTom
15 September 2022, 19:54
Strohman's pricing advantage, IME, isn't just that it has lower quoted pricing than Aimpoint's own pro deal, but that they also don't charge sales tax, which Aimpoint does for me. Strohman will also put you down on a list for purchasing if they are backordered, instead of needing to wait for a restock email to come in from Aimpoint and then scrambling to order one before they go OOS (which is how I got all of my ACRO P-2s, just getting on the list and waiting).

I'll also say that the GSA pricing you mentioned is basically the same price as Strohman's for the Duty RDS.

The GSA price came from Strohman's website.

Default.mp3
15 September 2022, 20:18
The GSA price came from Strohman's website.Right, I meant for the individual price list. The GSA pricing tends to be consistently cheaper than individual pricing, but not by much, from when I was looking through the list, but the Duty RDS was one of the ones that matched the closest between the two.