PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense RIS III M-LOK

BoilerUp
23 January 2022, 14:02
This is pretty cool. Daniel Defense is releasing an M-LOK RIS III rail so you can swap your quad for M-LOK without removing your barrel nut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0-cYNWl89E&t=220s

gatordev
23 January 2022, 16:32
I've been mulling on whether I would get one of these when the rails are released as a stand alone later this year. I only have one MLOK rail and it's on a SR-25, and I appreciate the design, but it requires getting a bunch of new accessories to switch over. However, if I could shave off some ounces on my M4B2 RECCE, I might shoot it more often than just plink with it, which could be worth it.

I guess there's plenty of time to continue thinking about my options.

Default.mp3
24 January 2022, 12:38
I've been mulling on whether I would get one of these when the rails are released as a stand alone later this year. I only have one MLOK rail and it's on a SR-25, and I appreciate the design, but it requires getting a bunch of new accessories to switch over. However, if I could shave off some ounces on my M4B2 RECCE, I might shoot it more often than just plink with it, which could be worth it.

I guess there's plenty of time to continue thinking about my options.You could just use rail sections in the meantime, while you slowly upgrade to the M-LOK version of the mount/accessories. You'd still be shaving weight and profile, I'd think.

UWone77
24 January 2022, 14:33
Yay... a $450 MLOK rail. [:D]

Stone
24 January 2022, 17:27
Plus now you have a $400 cheese grater sitting in the parts bin, so now you are down $850... On the plus side I would like to see some up close pics of their ambi lower.

Joelski
24 January 2022, 17:35
Yay... a $450 MLOK rail. [:D]

He can unload the II and make out bigtime. Have enough left-over to buy a few M-Lok mounts..

gatordev
25 January 2022, 02:56
I hate rail sections. A big reason why the SMR never appealed to me. But you're right, it's an intermediate fix.

He can unload the II and make out bigtime. Have enough left-over to buy a few M-Lok mounts..

Bingo. It would still sell in the Cloner/LARP market.

UWone77
25 January 2022, 09:59
I thought RIS II's were restocked regularly starting in 2021? I know Weapon Outfitters had some as well as getting a few restock notices from the DD website.

Joelski
25 January 2022, 14:04
Nobody looks for them anymore.

UWone77
25 January 2022, 16:07
Nobody looks for them anymore.

Other than cloners, you're right. Anyone that's not into the clone game, or got into AR's after like 2012 probably doesn't give a crap about RIS II's

BoilerUp
25 January 2022, 17:05
Other than cloners, you're right. Anyone that's not into the clone game, or got into AR's after like 2012 probably doesn't give a crap about RIS II's

You never really know what floats peoples' boats. The fact that Brownell's found a market for their BRN-16A1 amazes me.

I think the RIS II still holds up well against other newer options on the market for those that really need and value rigidity (e.g., for lasers). Short of monolithic options, I don't think it's been bested. Assuming this holds up to the RIS reputation, it could keep DD in the game in a meaningful way.

gatordev
26 January 2022, 02:53
I thought RIS II's were restocked regularly starting in 2021? I know Weapon Outfitters had some as well as getting a few restock notices from the DD website.

I think it's when they aren't in stock and someone needs one, they become more valuable. I don't mean that they go for a premium price, but that you can get some money out of one. Honestly, I probably wouldn't sell mine anyway, as it's still a good rail for what it was.