PDA

View Full Version : Gun/Vault Room 2.0

UWone77
13 June 2022, 20:27
Been working on the new vault/gun room. If some of you remember, in my old house, I had 8 Gallowtech panels put up. However that house was limited by one wall was a window, and another wall was taken up by quad closet doors. This time, I worked within the confines of a flex room downstairs in a part of the house that had 3 of the walls poured with concrete. I've expanded the Gallowtech panels in this room. Thought I'd share some progress photos. I'm not done yet as I had make another order, and by the time it's all said and done, I'll probably have to make a 3rd order to finish out the space.

UWone77
13 June 2022, 20:29

UWone77
13 June 2022, 20:31

alamo5000
13 June 2022, 21:34
Holy cow. That's awesome.

Jerry R
14 June 2022, 05:27
Looks fantastic. Very nicely done !!

Former11B
14 June 2022, 05:34
How much is left to go? Is that about 50% of the collection on the walls? How much are tickets for the tour [BD]

UWone77
14 June 2022, 07:57
How much is left to go? Is that about 50% of the collection on the walls? How much are tickets for the tour [BD]

About 40 more rifles and unk handguns. I'm not sure how many handguns are still inside of the case. I could probably squeeze more but I wanted to leave some space open for vests and duty belts. Gallowtech takes up to 7-10 business days to ship once you order, so I probably won't have it all done until sometime next month. Plus this shit is expensive. [:D][BD]

UWone77
2 July 2022, 19:15
Excuse the mess, but it's more or less put together now... there are a few more rifles not on the wall, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Panoramic view.

alamo5000
2 July 2022, 22:20
Dude. That's awesome!

gatordev
3 July 2022, 07:49
So, now what?

UWone77
3 July 2022, 09:42
So, now what?

Saving up for a 2023 G05 X5M

gatordev
4 July 2022, 06:34
Baller.

Uffdaphil
4 July 2022, 11:54
So mich better than a Ferrari.

UWone77
4 July 2022, 14:13
Baller.

How much longer you keeping the 235? Any upgrades in your future there?

Former11B
4 July 2022, 14:14
Some MK12 Mod 0 action on the right…always a sucker for those

That’s an impressive collection. And I thought my reloading room was awesome [BD]

Your roomba needs to be armed so it can patrol the inside for you

UWone77
4 July 2022, 15:21
Some MK12 Mod 0 action on the right…always a sucker for those

That’s an impressive collection. And I thought my reloading room was awesome [BD]

Your roomba needs to be armed so it can patrol the inside for you

Heh.... we use 2 Roomba I3's one upstairs, one down. However, it can't get over the lip of the vault door. This roomba is like 12 years old, but refuses to die, so I got it out of storage and put it in the vault room just do clean up the space.

gatordev
5 July 2022, 06:36
How much longer you keeping the 235? Any upgrades in your future there?

My vehicle planning has been going on over 2 years now, I think. I wish I knew the answer.

My 4Runner is coming up on 150K, running fine and other than some paint dings and scrapes, in great shape for a 15 year old car. Which is why I kept dragging my feet on getting a new one...I didn't need one. I also commute 24,000 miles just for work in a year, so I hate to get something new and then run it into the ground right away. I try and off-set that with a rental car every so often, but it's still a lot of miles.

I was thinking about selling both the M235 and the 4Runner and getting a X3 M4.0, but it's just not the same kind of rough and tumble that the 4Runner is. It's not like I do serious off-road, but just a range trip where I have to trundle down a gravel/rutted road or move across a muddy or sandy field is not where a X3 should really be.

Plus, I worry if I sell my 235, I'll never get another car like that (or it will be a very long time) just due to sheer price and lack of necessity.

I have been eye-balling the Bronco Sport Badlands. I don't need a full-size Bronco, and I don't want a convertible, so the Sport looks like an interesting option. But as with everything else right now, availability is another variable.

So yeah, meanwhile I continue to be happy with what I have.

Joelski
5 July 2022, 07:50
I've been eyeporking the Bronco, but like you, I can't justify it as long as my truck is running so well. My option is to put a couple grand into getting it back into tip-top condition for an 18 year-old truck with only 118k on it, or spend close to 60k for a new vehicle. I wouldn't bat an eye when I was younger, but am starting to see the benefits of life with no payments!

When the Raptor came out back in 2014-2015, I made the choice to wait a couple years to find a decent used one at much lower price, boy did that plan backfire! You can't find them, and when you do, they aren't down the 20k or so I expected them to be. We live in crazy times!

UWone77
5 July 2022, 11:37
My vehicle planning has been going on over 2 years now, I think. I wish I knew the answer.

My 4Runner is coming up on 150K, running fine and other than some paint dings and scrapes, in great shape for a 15 year old car. Which is why I kept dragging my feet on getting a new one...I didn't need one. I also commute 24,000 miles just for work in a year, so I hate to get something new and then run it into the ground right away. I try and off-set that with a rental car every so often, but it's still a lot of miles.

I was thinking about selling both the M235 and the 4Runner and getting a X3 M4.0, but it's just not the same kind of rough and tumble that the 4Runner is. It's not like I do serious off-road, but just a range trip where I have to trundle down a gravel/rutted road or move across a muddy or sandy field is not where a X3 should really be.

Plus, I worry if I sell my 235, I'll never get another car like that (or it will be a very long time) just due to sheer price and lack of necessity.

I have been eye-balling the Bronco Sport Badlands. I don't need a full-size Bronco, and I don't want a convertible, so the Sport looks like an interesting option. But as with everything else right now, availability is another variable.

So yeah, meanwhile I continue to be happy with what I have.

I hear you. I used to have a 2000 4Runner Limited, one of the few cars I regret dumping back in the day. I don't think you can go wrong with that M40i though. Perfect blend of utility and performance. I don't think you'll miss the 235's performance if you had the M40i.

For me it's hard to justify buying anything new, because my current F15 X5 only has 19K miles on it. The wife has only turned over 20K on her '16 M235i. I guess after watching what BMW has done to the kidney grills lately, I need to get a current gen X5, before they ruin the brand. I was going to do it this year, but then I'm like ehhh, the chip shortage, which has not only increased prices, but limited some options on cars... pass for now. I also wanted to get some flat work and paver work for the house.

I guess circling around to the gunroom, Now that it's more or less done, you're right... now what? Other than move to a free state for some F/A's, I only have a handful of guns on my want list. I probably have to branch out a bit on other hobbies that I've just kind of dabbled in over the years. One thing I want to do is find a decent shape E46, 2002-2005ish and fix it up for a daily driver. Those were my favorite BMW's of all time. I guess I just need to find more hobbies that don't involve just accumulating stuff. The older I get the more I realize I need to dump stuff at some point instead of collect it.

Former11B
5 July 2022, 12:32
Yes! I love those E46 series BMWs

The laguna seca blue M3 with black interior (or alpine white and cinnamon) and dark windows…yes

UWone77
5 July 2022, 12:51
Yes! I love those E46 series BMWs

The laguna seca blue M3 with black interior (or alpine white and cinnamon) and dark windows…yes

I'd love to get a E46 M3, but they are so overpriced right now, and anything you see that's remotely decently priced is roached out. I used to have a 2005 330CI with the ZHP Performance Package, I should have never sold that one either.

Joelski
5 July 2022, 15:14
Still would love a Uni MOG. That one Magpul did years ago was tits!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220705/bf5558bcb124515e1d2b4428f72dc34f.jpg

Former11B
5 July 2022, 17:09
Ehh….I’d say tits are the last thing on that Mog lol skeeter bites

Thread derailed

alamo5000
5 July 2022, 19:12
I probably have to branch out a bit on other hobbies that I've just kind of dabbled in over the years. One thing I want to do is find a decent shape E46, 2002-2005ish and fix it up for a daily driver. Those were my favorite BMW's of all time. I guess I just need to find more hobbies that don't involve just accumulating stuff. The older I get the more I realize I need to dump stuff at some point instead of collect it.

Not to derail the topic but what other things (other than cars and guns) do you enjoy and/or are interested in? I'm pretty much a proponent of diversity within reason when it comes to interests and hobbies.

For me I really enjoy travel but for the past couple of years I refused to even consider it. I will not be paying for a covid test to get on or off an airplane period.

I like photography as well but I haven't been traveling so I haven't been taking as many photos lately.

I've been thinking about saving up for property and house but to be honest it seems like a waste since it's just me so I am hesitant to make it a primary goal. In regards to that the goal is to pay cash which I think is doable for sure but I am not sure just yet if I really want to do that. Assuming I can get enough saved up to just buy outright, ideally I would want to have enough for the homestead to be self sufficient (should I ever buy land and all that) so that I would still have the flexibility to take off and travel if or when I wanted to.

gatordev
6 July 2022, 07:07
I hear you. I used to have a 2000 4Runner Limited, one of the few cars I regret dumping back in the day. I don't think you can go wrong with that M40i though. Perfect blend of utility and performance. I don't think you'll miss the 235's performance if you had the M40i.

For me it's hard to justify buying anything new, because my current F15 X5 only has 19K miles on it. The wife has only turned over 20K on her '16 M235i. I guess after watching what BMW has done to the kidney grills lately, I need to get a current gen X5, before they ruin the brand. I was going to do it this year, but then I'm like ehhh, the chip shortage, which has not only increased prices, but limited some options on cars... pass for now. I also wanted to get some flat work and paver work for the house.

I guess circling around to the gunroom, Now that it's more or less done, you're right... now what? Other than move to a free state for some F/A's, I only have a handful of guns on my want list. I probably have to branch out a bit on other hobbies that I've just kind of dabbled in over the years. One thing I want to do is find a decent shape E46, 2002-2005ish and fix it up for a daily driver. Those were my favorite BMW's of all time. I guess I just need to find more hobbies that don't involve just accumulating stuff. The older I get the more I realize I need to dump stuff at some point instead of collect it.

I've driven a M40 once and it was very impressive, but at the end of the day, it's a highly engineered machine and bouncing down a rutted trail/road isn't what it was designed to do, or at least not for long, which is why I can't justify it replacing my 4Runner. Like you guys, my 235 only has around 21K on it, so other than paint chips on the nose from interstate driving, it's in cherry condition.

I ran the pre-COVID numbers a couple of years ago and even if I sold both cars to help pay for the X3, I'm still paying out a huge amount of money. My practicality just gets in the way.

I almost got a E46 ZHP right before they were discontinued. For the time, that was a great little sports car, it just had a lot of older tech in it by the time I would have bought it (suspension, engine, etc). I ended up getting a model refreshed Z4 (with the E90 engine) instead because I just couldn't get excited about the E90 look. I'm not a convertible guy, but that was still a fun and simple car, and the hard top I bought for it really gave it a unique look.

UWone77
14 July 2022, 22:41
Need to work on the cable management, but it definitely doesn't suck lounging here and playing a few games.

Uffdaphil
14 July 2022, 23:48
Suck sign ideas for your vault door:

The suck stops here
No suck beyond this point
Suck free zone

FortTom
21 July 2022, 12:03
Cool. If I had your money, I'd burn mine.[:D]

UWone77
2 April 2023, 10:02
Room is more or less cleaned up now and dialed in, exactly how I want it.

alamo5000
2 April 2023, 10:57
Damn, that looks AWESOME!!!

TheRifleman
2 April 2023, 17:46
I feel so inadequate right now [BD]

Uffdaphil
2 April 2023, 18:09
So do we all. But that photo serves to silence family members who nag me about having too many guns.

Former11B
2 April 2023, 18:41
Man that’s always cool to see

UWone77
3 April 2023, 07:35
Man that’s always cool to see

If our schedules align, maybe you can drop by in July. I'll throw some ribeyes on the grill [:D]

Joelski
3 April 2023, 14:26
I get it that home has a strong pull, but it also blows my mind that you'd invest that much time and treasure in that freedom suck of a state. I dig WA, but definitely not what the libs, radical anfifa/BLM lovers have done to the citizen's rights. Will it ever flip, or at least move to the center so enthusiasts of all things can live life and do their thing? Seems like the only thing your politicians are good for is letting men use the girls bathrooms, along with the rest of the west coast.

BOT: I love it that the TV got smaller to make room for more gun racks, but that really means you need a bigger room. Balance.

UWone77
3 April 2023, 16:52
I get it that home has a strong pull, but it also blows my mind that you'd invest that much time and treasure in that freedom suck of a state. I dig WA, but definitely not what the libs, radical anfifa/BLM lovers have done to the citizen's rights. Will it ever flip, or at least move to the center so enthusiasts of all things can live life and do their thing? Seems like the only thing your politicians are good for is letting men use the girls bathrooms, along with the rest of the west coast.

BOT: I love it that the TV got smaller to make room for more gun racks, but that really means you need a bigger room. Balance.

I still love WA, I've traveled to about 30 states. Most of them blow compared to the weather, outdoors, the amenities, and pay out here. Yeah there are a ton of problems, but liberalism is a disease... you can only keep running, it's just going to spread to where you are. Look at TX... it's turning purple before our very eyes. I know... blasphemy, but there is a lot more to life than my gun collection. LOL

BTW, the TV never got smaller, it's always been planned for a 55"... and that's where we are. [:D]

Former11B
4 April 2023, 18:38
If our schedules align, maybe you can drop by in July. I'll throw some ribeyes on the grill [:D]

I feel like I’d need a secret code and an NDA to get access to that room ;)

Army203
4 April 2023, 21:47
I still love WA, I've traveled to about 30 states. Most of them blow compared to the weather, outdoors, the amenities, and pay out here. Yeah there are a ton of problems, but liberalism is a disease... you can only keep running, it's just going to spread to where you are. Look at TX... it's turning purple before our very eyes. I know... blasphemy, but there is a lot more to life than my gun collection. LOL

BTW, the TV never got smaller, it's always been planned for a 55"... and that's where we are. [:D]

Nice flex, your gun room looks great!

Its been 8 years since we left Washington and the only three things I miss; the weather, food, and trees. I fly back about twice a year and hate it every time. Its over priced, over taxed, stupid liberal, dirty, infested with high crime, crowded, traffic sucks, politics suck, and the homeless camps.

You really don't realize how much WA has gone to shit until you leave and come back.

Anyway,

Love the gun/ man cave and you need to put a Roof Korean flag somewhere in there, lol. https://kommandostore.com/collections/flags-1/products/roof-korean-flag

Stone
16 April 2023, 08:06
Looking good UW!