PDA

View Full Version : SHOT Show 2023 - CHPWS - EDC optic

TripleBravo
18 January 2023, 10:55
So CHPWS (known for its pistol optic mounting plates) is launching three new "CH Optics" at this year's show. I'm going to do a different thread about each of them.

The first I'll talk about is the "EDC". This is comparable in size to the Holoson 407/507K (but with a larger window) and was designed with the Glock 48/43 size pistol in mind.

It will come with either a 3 MOA red dot, a 3 MOA green dot, or a multi-reticle with the ability to do just a 3 MOA dot, or a 34 MOA circle, or both - I believe the multi will be available only in red since they list only three SKUs.

Some of the features include:

- side batter compartment so that it doesn't need to be removed to change batteries
- 50,000 hours battery life with a CR 1632 battery. This is achieved partly through its smart power management with an auto-off after 5 minutes of inactivity, but then a "shake awake" auto-on.
- 10 levels of brightness with the first two as night vision compatible
- waterproof tested at 1 meter for 30 minutes.

The ones I played with in the booth had very clear glass.

The target MSRP will be less than well-known competitors, but I don't have a solid number for you all yet.

Stone
21 January 2023, 07:25
Its a nice optic no doubt but putting one a currently owned pistol seems to be a money pit. Slide cut or new slide, optic, new sights, new holster, et,etc. Your looking at around 1K...