PDA

View Full Version : Fort Tom

Stone
14 February 2023, 16:38
Just wanted to let you guys know Fort Tom had to get emergency Quadruple by-pass open heart surgery sometime just after the new year. He told me he is out of the hospital but will need to get another surgery in about 4 weeks. Send out some prayers and lets try to keep it cheerful as I know some joking around in this thread will get him to post up here. UW has a special way of getting FT going...

rxer311
14 February 2023, 17:04
Thanks for the update.

Joelski
15 February 2023, 04:27
Jim is a great friend of the forum and just a good dude in general. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery!

Jerry R
15 February 2023, 06:30
Jim,
I know you will be on the mend for awhile; but you will do great. I had the OH Quad in January of 2009. I was very fortunate. The two Cardiac Teams from Emory, that teach OH Surgery, were on-site for other operations. Both teams pushed their scheduled ops, and worked on me. They cut me on a Friday, I went home the following Monday.

One suggestion ............................... try really hard NOT to sneeze. Ask how I know [BD]

Prayers, and good thoughts, for a very speedy recovery coming your way.

UWone77
15 February 2023, 08:47
Jim, you jamoke, good to see you up and running.

UWone77
15 February 2023, 08:48
UW has a special way of getting FT going...

Ha! I do have a special way to getting people worked up at work as well... usually get them going into a full on spinner. [:D]

Former11B
15 February 2023, 10:46
Here’s to speedy healing, FT!!

Uffdaphil
15 February 2023, 11:02
I was amazed at the advances in bypass surgery 30 years ago when my dad had the quad. He lived to a ripe old age. That tech must seem like the middle ages these days with all the miniaturization and robotics.

Prayers for Fort Tom to be back charging hard after the next operation.

FortTom
15 February 2023, 14:08
Jim,
I know you will be on the mend for awhile; but you will do great. I had the OH Quad in January of 2009. I was very fortunate. The two Cardiac Teams from Emory, that teach OH Surgery, were on-site for other operations. Both teams pushed their scheduled ops, and worked on me. They cut me on a Friday, I went home the following Monday.

One suggestion ............................... try really hard NOT to sneeze. Ask how I know [BD] NO SHIT!. I do know. I think I would prefer death over sneezing. A sharp cough is a close second. Puking would definetly kill me.

Prayers, and good thoughts, for a very speedy recovery coming your way.
Thanks, Jerry.

FortTom
15 February 2023, 14:10
Ha! I do have a special way to getting people worked up at work as well... usually get them going into a full on spinner. [:D]
Yeah, you'd probably kill me if you could find me....:mad:[:D]

FortTom
15 February 2023, 17:12
I wonder when it's to early to ask the Doc when it's o.k. to have a good solid 4 fingers of Woodford Reserves again. In moderation of course. It should help keep my heart nice and disinfected, huh?:confused:

Joelski
15 April 2023, 08:07

Dude, that's pretty much any know-it-all, fetus dickwad. This youngest generation has the worst problem taking advice, or (God forbid!) instructions from a person older than 35. And when they have to take instruction in the form of orders, you can see them seething and chewing their tongues off. We had a thing called angst when I was a kid, but damn, these sissies need safe spaces when receiving the slightest critique!

Joelski
15 April 2023, 08:10
Jim!

How the hell are ya doing? I hope life is treating you well, you know you could back down to three fingers and form a post once in a while to let us know you're still tromping around. In fact, go 4 fingers AND post. This forum could use a little kick in the butt! [:D]

Stone
16 April 2023, 07:40
I sent him a PM earlier this week but havent heard back from him yet... I bet he is resting up from his last surgery.

Stone
26 April 2023, 08:57
Just heard from Jim and he said he is doing well now...

Former11B
26 April 2023, 10:51
Just heard from Jim and he said he is doing well now...

Thanks for the update. Good to hear

Stone
15 June 2023, 11:20
Just talked to him and he has had some setbacks health wise, send out some prayers brothers... Stone

Jerry R
15 June 2023, 11:24
Prayers, and good thoughts on the way ....................

alamo5000
15 June 2023, 13:51
Prayers sent. Hopefully he will have a 110% recovery.

Joelski
15 June 2023, 16:48
Poor guy can't catch a break! Sending prayers, smoke, powerful thoughts, and anything else I can think of to help a brother out.

Jim: We're rootin' for ya! Get on the hoof and check in soon, eh?

Stone
5 August 2023, 09:48
Anybody know if Tom has posted lately? I sent him a PM 3 weeks ago and have not heard back from him. Definetly concerned at this point...

SINNER
8 September 2023, 17:25
Damn. Anyone have any updates on FT?

UWone77
8 September 2023, 23:35
I sent him a message on his personal email. I'll update if I hear anything.

UWone77
9 September 2023, 20:39
Jim (Fort Tom) emailed me back. He's alive and well... still going through medical issues. He says he'll be back soon.

BoilerUp
9 September 2023, 21:23
Good to hear

Stone
10 September 2023, 12:59
Good to hear! Thanks UW...

Joelski
11 September 2023, 04:29
That’s awesome.

Uffdaphil
11 September 2023, 09:11
Looking forward to his return.

SINNER
11 September 2023, 19:39
Thanks for checking up!!! Glad to hear he's not Fertilizer yet.

Tyrannosaur
25 September 2023, 16:38
I'm glad he's doing well.

Stone
11 November 2023, 14:35
Paging Fort Tom... I got your PM but your inbox is full and I cant respond! Dont make me send UW over to your house again to wake you up... Hahahahahahaha!

FortTom
23 November 2023, 06:38
Paging Fort Tom... I got your PM but your inbox is full and I cant respond! Dont make me send UW over to your house again to wake you up... Hahahahahahaha!If he can't find it, I'll pave the way with donuts every so many miles.

Joelski
24 November 2023, 05:42
Welcome back, Jim! Hope all is calm and a great Thanksgiving was had by you and the rest of the knuckleheads on here.

FortTom
24 November 2023, 17:02
Welcome back, Jim! Hope all is calm and a great Thanksgiving was had by you and the rest of the knuckleheads on here.
Yep, I'm back and doing pretty good, thank you. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving also.

Stone
24 November 2023, 18:38
FT, your email keeps kicking back my emails. Somethings gone full retard... I sent you a PM.

FortTom
27 November 2023, 04:48
Hey, by the way I found the other two Barrett 6.8 mags. Where do you want them sent to?Jim

Stone
27 November 2023, 08:07
Oh, cool! Once they get a hold of me on the transfer I will get you my info... Sent you an email as well let me know if it goes through... So far so good.