PDA

View Full Version : first post

newyork
30 May 2009, 07:03
hey guys, 1st post here. how are you? i asked this before elsewhere but keep bouncing back and forth. i have a noveske n4 basic with an aimpoint ml2 and DD OMEGA and a noveske n4 lite with a t-1. i am saving for a 3rd ar15 . i can put one on layaway for 12 months with no finance fees or just save up and buy from whomever. i had my eyes really set on a Colt 6920 or 6940. i was going to put the t-1 on it and buy an acog or 1-4 on the n4 lite. now after looking around at other options my head is spinning. i'm looking at Denny's and Adco for build ideas as well as the DD M4 and some Rainier builds.
my question is; what would you do? no precision rigs for now. i would like a 3rd carbine. keep in mind i'm in a ban state and can't have certain features. thanks guys,
Rich

Stickman
30 May 2009, 09:06
Have you thought about buying a custom upper? This would give you something a little different that you could drop on your existing lowers. This eliminates any FFL travels, and lets you get exactly what you want. Later on, you can save up and buy another complete lower.

If you think you are really starting to get the AR bug, you might want to take a look at building your own upper..... :P

newyork
30 May 2009, 09:52
Thanks Stick. A custom upper from Denny's, Adco or Rainier is more exciting to me anyway. If I do it myself, I have some tools to buy and some reading to do. As you said, I could leave my current rifles as is and just swap over a new upper until I get a lower. Not to mention, I have my name on an email list for the new tr24g in a larue mount.

Stickman
30 May 2009, 10:18
There is something very satisfying about doing your own build....

Audiophiliac
30 May 2009, 10:34
Welcome to the forum. Great people here and great info. I just finished building my first lower and it was really satisfying as Stick pointed out! :) I was planning on buying a custom upper, but the more I think about it, the more I think I will piece it together and build it myself. As easy as the lower turned out to be, the upper cannot be that much more difficult. Plus I am able to buy piece at a time and not have to fork out a large wad of cash as once. Good luck. Sounds like you are well on your way to a nice collection. :)