PDA

View Full Version : MagPul MOE Trigger Guard >> MIAD Full Kit

TehLlama
30 May 2009, 10:23
Does the introduction of the MagPul MOE trigger guard mean that they'll start phasing out the MIAD Full Kit setups, since it would be cheaper to just run the non-full kit and trigger guard, and be fully able to use flat or A2 frontstrap of the grip?

Stickman
30 May 2009, 12:55
Does the introduction of the MagPul MOE trigger guard mean that they'll start phasing out the MIAD Full Kit setups, since it would be cheaper to just run the non-full kit and trigger guard, and be fully able to use flat or A2 frontstrap of the grip?

I seriously doubt it. The concept behind the MIAD is the complete ability to interchange the grip into the configuration that you want. The MOE is designed to be an OEM part for weapon manufacturers.

TehLlama
9 June 2009, 10:10
Well, I can see companies like G&R selling customized LPK's (MOE Grip, Trigger Guard), but upon handling the S&W MOE carbines, I now see where you're coming from. If MagPul is able to supply them to OEM for close to $5/ea on bulk, packaged with full sets of MOE furniture, then I see these coexisting with the existing MIAD line.

I hadn't realized how small a fraction of their business would be left for their full kit buyers - like-minded individuals who jumped at the idea of an integral fronstrap/trigger guard already have MIADs on everything, and maybe a couple extras (guilty), so in terms of tooling cost/profit margins - you're right.