PDA

View Full Version : pic thread?

newyork
31 May 2009, 18:24
i was wondering if there's a pic thread of members rifles. i thought i'd post one of my 2 noveskes along with some friends.
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt134/rslamiroult/PICT0001-5.jpg

m24shooter
31 May 2009, 19:09
If you look at the "Explain Your AR" thread that's pretty much what it is.

newyork
31 May 2009, 19:22
thanks m24shooter. after seeing the great pics in there i am embarrassed to add mine. Stick's pics as well as others are fantastic.

Stickman
31 May 2009, 19:38
We decided to do more than just a picture thread. We wanted something that actually helped people, and gave input. Based on that, we have the below thread. Instead of just a picture, other people can learn what your thoughts were on building your various weapons. They can then make decisions based on a broad database of information.

Its a little extra time for the poster, but its a lot more valuable for the reader. Hopefully you will add your picture, and explain why you went with what you did.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817

m24shooter
31 May 2009, 20:03
Nothing to be embarassed about. You've got what works for you. Like Stick said, the thread is a little more informative/involved than a standard pic thread and you may just post something that someone else with similar needs might use to make their decision.
As for the pic quality, we're all a pair of claws scuttling across the sand in comparison to Stick. I don't even try to mimic him, I just put stuff down and use my Easy Share to shoot it.

thanks m24shooter. after seeing the great pics in there i am embarrassed to add mine. Stick's pics as well as others are fantastic.

Stickman
31 May 2009, 20:29
One of the nice things about our picture thread is that the info typed out is worth more than the look of the image.

m24shooter
31 May 2009, 20:33
Agreed. That thread is a wealth of knowledge that I've referred several people to.

newyork
31 May 2009, 20:37
thanks guys! i just posted in there. love the idea of that instead of just throwing up pics. thanks again and check out my post if you like.