PDA

View Full Version : Glock .22 Conversion

bigcoastie
10 June 2009, 05:55
So I purchased a dedicated .22 upper for my AR and I have to say I'm hooked on the kits now. I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Advantage Arms Glock Conversion, what are your thoughts?

ballistic
10 June 2009, 17:07
I have the Advantage Arms 19/23 Target Model. It runs very well with CCI MiniMags, no malfunctions to date right out of the box. They're among the best conversion kits right now, and unfortunately they're very difficult to find anywhere. I originally wanted a 19/23 LE version, but the opportunity arose to get the Target model (found a seller using RiverofGuns) and it works just fine. The MiniMags had a little bit more recoil that I was expecting.

My best advice is to check RiverofGuns (http://riverofguns.com/cb/index.pl?s=advantage) and do a search for "advantage". They go very quick.

The Advantage Arms kit will perfectly complement your dedicated .22 upper for your AR. Last weekend I did some .22LR conversion kit training with my AR/CMMG conversion kit and Glock/Advantage Arms kit. With some creativity, you can come up with some great drills that work well with the conversion kits: 1-5, 2X2X2, transition drills etc to hone your mechanics of driving the gun. Finish of with a few drills using 5.56 for full recoil.

A couple hundred rounds of .22LR followed by a couple of mags of 5.56 and a little forethought is a great way to train affordably.