PDA

View Full Version : Inconel Brake (KAC)

Narco
11 June 2009, 18:09
Ok, so all the Koolaid drinkers are on forking over 436+Shipping.. I am on the fence, and I dont want to give my wife another heart attack. I have had several discussion with ppl in the "know" about these, just trying to get a general opinion on these brakes from anyone who has shot one.

I am currently running the DNTC Aggressive from RainerArms, but it rattles teeth, good muzzle control, just freaking loud as hell. On my pending SBR it will have the "Flaming Pig" Style comp from Spikes... Just looking for a reason to or not to spend 5 bills on a comp.

Please enter thoughts below..

EHilderbrand
11 June 2009, 18:26
I can assure you that I will not be paying 436+Shipping for a muzzle break.

Granted, it may be an innovative product, but at that point, there are so many other parts one could buy.

But, to each his own, it's not my money.

Titleist
11 June 2009, 20:00
I can assure you I absolutely spent 436 + shipping for a muzzle break.[BD]

It's going on my SR-15 E3 IWS when that comes back from Titusville (being replaced/repaired).

The fact that this is basically a limited run item, offers 40+ percent felt recoil, and is an extremely unique design made this worth it.

I do wish it was black, vs the silver it comes in, but it looks wicked cool. From those I know who've tried it, they say the muzzle jump is basically gone.

I'll post pictures of it as soon as mine arrives, SR-15 or not.

Eric
11 June 2009, 21:22
$436 for a comp/FS? [wow]
I guess I don't get it.

Titleist
11 June 2009, 22:07
It's made of unobtanium, don't fight it.

Stickman
11 June 2009, 22:30
Good stuff, high price, and its one of those things I doubt I will ever have.

There is talk about a non-iconel version, which would obviously be much much cheaper.

Titleist
11 June 2009, 22:34
Wait a sec...you...stickman...not owning one of those? The economic recession has truly come. :(

From what I understand there may not be a non-inconel version because 95 percent of the cost is the complex machining work required.

What I would be interested in doing is when the SR-15 comes back, testing how much recoil is in a stock gun, felt recoil, and then switching the muzzle devices and measuring that.

That said as soon mine or Ryo's shows up I'm sure we'll share pictures.

Mr.Goodtimes
12 June 2009, 07:50
i would have loved to own one of these, but for me, its just not worth it. From what i understand, the surefire break seems to mellow out recoil and muzzle climb just was well, although with some more concussion and a flame.

For me, the surefire brake was the way to go as it does primarily what im looking for (muzzle controll) and does it extremely well, at 140 dollars versus almost 450!

honestly, if this brake would have cost even 200 bones i would have gone with it. i understand why its so expensive, and i honestly think that its worth what it costs given the material its made out of, however, that doesent change the fact that i cant afford it.

really awesome design though!

Venom
12 June 2009, 10:16
what surefirebrake are we talkin?

bigcoastie
12 June 2009, 11:00
This is the surefire MB

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii328/bigcoastie/CIMG0651-1-1-1.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/PDGImages/MB556K_large.jpg

Titleist
12 June 2009, 11:42
honestly, if this brake would have cost even 200 bones i would have gone with it. i understand why its so expensive, and i honestly think that its worth what it costs given the material its made out of, however, that doesent change the fact that i cant afford it.

really awesome design though!

I was debating between another 51-tooth AAC Blackout or the Inconel brake. I was about a day away from buying the AAC. But again it was a chance to own a brake that's very limited in production, and very unique.

For my needs would a Surefire brake do the job? Probably.

Again I'd really like to get some kind of a force meter and really see how much felt recoil actually comes down the length of the gun. I'll post pictures on Wednesday when mine shows up.

Mr.Goodtimes
13 June 2009, 07:18
I was debating between another 51-tooth AAC Blackout or the Inconel brake. I was about a day away from buying the AAC. But again it was a chance to own a brake that's very limited in production, and very unique.

For my needs would a Surefire brake do the job? Probably.

Again I'd really like to get some kind of a force meter and really see how much felt recoil actually comes down the length of the gun. I'll post pictures on Wednesday when mine shows up.

sounds great! i def dont fault you for buying one. i can guarantee you that if i had the money, i would have been one of the first to snatch one up. these breaks seems like a really awesome product.

jp0319
16 June 2009, 00:26
I think this is the one on Chris Costa's SBR he uses in ATC video, It was originally produced for the PDW they have I believe.