PDA

View Full Version : Magpul ACS Stock Review is up....

Stickman
11 June 2009, 22:12
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1277

If you have any question or comments on the ACS stock, this is the place to fire away..... and I'll answer whatever I can.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%204/IMG_9592%201024%20Stick.jpg

bigcoastie
12 June 2009, 04:23
Just wanted to say thanks for the great pictures and write up Stick, I've had mine on pre-order since Jan so hopefully they get released soon. Do you like it better w/ or w/o the enhanced stock pad? I notice most of the pictures are w/o it.

UDT
12 June 2009, 08:20
Thanks for the update and great pics as allways. Looks nice.

moneey
12 June 2009, 08:56
Thanx for the post and pics. Will the traditional cleaning rods or otis rods fit in the battery storage compartment?

Stickman
12 June 2009, 09:54
Just wanted to say thanks for the great pictures and write up Stick, I've had mine on pre-order since Jan so hopefully they get released soon. Do you like it better w/ or w/o the enhanced stock pad? I notice most of the pictures are w/o it.

I am not using the enhanced stock because I don't want people thinking it comes with the ACS. Once I write something up, I try to track the images, and I often find them used out of context by people who simply aren't sure of the info.

Down the road I'll probably use it, but not until the ACS has been released.

Stickman
12 June 2009, 09:55
Thanx for the post and pics. Will the traditional cleaning rods or otis rods fit in the battery storage compartment?

Standard cleaning rods will rattle like the devil, but should fit. I don't have an Otis cleaning kit, so I'm not sure. If you mean the coiled version, it should fit in the trapdoor (I think, but am not able to check).

Stickman
12 June 2009, 20:45
12.5 and 11.5 barreled weapons have now been added to the thread.

CRS188
12 June 2009, 23:59
Thank you Stick, for another informative write up.

Is the .75 weight from Magpul, or you? I ask because the SOPMOD weighs 10.9 ozs, and the EMOD weighs 13.8 ozs on my scale. The ACS just "looks" heavier, whatever that is good for.

Do you know the length? In your picture I have in here somewhere comparing the big four stocks, it looks to be in between the SOPMOD and the EMOD. Hard to tell for sure.

For me, I'm hoping the ACS cheek weld is as good as the SOPMOD. The EMOD is slightly less liked, and I feel the UBR is not much better than the CTR in the cheek. I'm hoping this is the perfect general purpose stock; SOPMOD weld with the slanted butt.

Thanks again sir.

SKULL
13 June 2009, 07:05
excellent review stick..

tac40
13 June 2009, 16:57
Nice review and as always great pics.

Stickman
13 June 2009, 17:45
Thank you Stick, for another informative write up.

Is the .75 weight from Magpul, or you? I ask because the SOPMOD weighs 10.9 ozs, and the EMOD weighs 13.8 ozs on my scale. The ACS just "looks" heavier, whatever that is good for.

Do you know the length? In your picture I have in here somewhere comparing the big four stocks, it looks to be in between the SOPMOD and the EMOD. Hard to tell for sure.

For me, I'm hoping the ACS cheek weld is as good as the SOPMOD. The EMOD is slightly less liked, and I feel the UBR is not much better than the CTR in the cheek. I'm hoping this is the perfect general purpose stock; SOPMOD weld with the slanted butt.

Thanks again sir.

The weight is out of the Magpul catalog, I did not weight it myself, but I can throw it on a dope scale at the department if you think the numbers don't make sense.

The length is in the catalog as well, but I gave my last copy away. I'll try to remember to slap a tape on it and check.

The UBR is very similar to the CTR for me as well.

SB_Pete
15 June 2009, 18:41
Sweet! Great review. Thanks Stick. I have been waiting for a review on these. They look great, possibly better than the SOPMOD for less $$ and your review seems to back up that perception.

So any word on where and when to buy them yet?

Stickman
15 June 2009, 18:57
Sweet! Great review. Thanks Stick. I have been waiting for a review on these. They look great, possibly better than the SOPMOD for less $$ and your review seems to back up that perception.

So any word on where and when to buy them yet?

Every Magpul dealer and distributor will most likely carry them, but Magpul has not released a positive date as of yet. I think we are pretty close if you want my guess, but its just a guess.

Shark
4 July 2009, 23:53
I can't wait!!! I'd like to replace my SOPMOD with the ACS on my 14.5". The SOPMOD will then go on my next build, a 308, SR-25 clone. :)

HS2
6 July 2009, 19:17
Does anyone have info on where to pre-order? I don't see the ACS on the Magpul site and I want to get in line for one of these. Thx.

Failure2Stop
10 July 2009, 09:52
Stick, I hate to bother you for this, so if the answer is less than immediate, I understand.

I am curious about length of pull for the ACS from the fully collapsed and fully extended positions in relation to other options (UBR, SOPMOD, CTR, M4, and EMod).

solsys
23 August 2009, 19:30
Great write up!

spamsammich
24 August 2009, 12:08
LOP fully collapsed is very comparable to an EMOD. I have very short arms so I never compared the two fully extended.

chico1911
11 September 2009, 21:04
Does anyone know where I can get the QD sockets? :confused:

Thanks!

103m 95g
12 September 2009, 06:12

Thanks!

I saw someone offering a QD socket,nut, screw combo for about $8 I just dont remember who it was or what board it was on. yeah I got CRS

Stickman
12 September 2009, 09:59

Thanks!

They are not available currently.

chico1911
12 September 2009, 11:31
Thank you for the response!

BlackSapphire
2 October 2009, 16:08
I just installed a Magpul ACS on my S&W M&P15t - what an improvement. No more shake, rattle, and roll. Finally, I feel like the cheekweld is repeatable and comfortable as well. I'm 100% satisfied with mine - another fine Mapgul product for sure. Now I'm just waiting for my MS2 sling! :)

FPembleton
12 December 2009, 17:01
Does anyone have side-by-side pics comparing the length of the SOPMOD and Magpul ACS