PDA

View Full Version : DD Low Profile Gas Blocks?

Mr.Goodtimes
24 June 2009, 03:41
guys, i recently used one of these in a build of mine, to go under a Larue Rail.

This rifle is a serious use/heavy use carbine and im a little concerned with the method of attachment. im concerned about the bolts backing out and the block loosening up. is this a legit concern or will this block be staying put? the bolts have been rocksetted.

gotm4
24 June 2009, 03:48
If you're Rocksetted them I'm 99% sure they won't come lose. You can still have it pinned for piece of mine if you wanted. Any gunsmith with a milling machine could drill and pin it with 1/8" straight pins.

rob_s
24 June 2009, 04:00
ADCO offers single-pin for something like $30.

Outside of pinning, the best solution is to mill indents into the barrel where the set-screws attach but since the DD is a clamp-on block that's not really an option. In looking at the block, I'm not even 100% certain there is room to pin it, although ADCO could tell you for sure if it's pin-able. maybe through the top?

Mr.Goodtimes
24 June 2009, 04:17
im thinking it would have to be through the top.

i ordered a Larue GB and it should be here in a couple days. would this be a better option? i could send it off to rob to have it installed/pinned

Stickman
24 June 2009, 06:09
If you are concerned, stake the screws. You aren't going to have any problems if it was installed correctly.

Mr.Goodtimes
24 June 2009, 13:35
thanks for the help guys! its been staked and rocksetted. ill save the Larue GB for another build.